The boy meets Sulli

Simple interpretation

In the safety of her office Shorty sat for a minute in disbelief. What just happened, she thought. She felt nervous and excited all at the same time. Then a little anger slipped in as she started to remember how long she had been at this hospital and now he finally decides to speak...and SMILE. This man that she had known for so long seemed like a stranger now.

"I will have to start all over with him," she said allowed.

"Maybe I should go back to the lobby and sort things out with him," she continued.

Her mind began to wander and then she realized she couldn't do that now, she had to go to the American kids room and see to the visiting family.

Shorty knocked on the door of the boys room. She was asked to enter and she found all three of them sitting on his bed, playing cards. One of the night nurses introduced them to "Go-Stop" (a popular Korean card game.) It was a fun card game and I am sure they were all getting a little board with being stuck in the hospital.

Shorty needed to let them know about the situation even though it would totally ruin her surprise. Time was of the essence so she needed to spill it quick.

"I have something to tell you," she said.

They stopped playing the game completely now, and looked at her. The mom of course had a look of concern, so Shorty quickly added, "oh please don't worry, it's nothing bad. In fact it is rather good news. I was really hoping to have it be a surprise but I didn't completely think it through. First I want you to be aware and secondly I hope you don't hate the idea and make me divert the plan altogether."

Realizing she was dancing around the issue until they all three looked at her as if she were a little crazy. Maybe today she was.

"Yesterday I made some calls and pulled some strings with a friend at the SM Entertainment Group.They represent a lot of artists and entertainers, with F(x) being one of them. I spoke with their manager and Miss Sulli has agreed to clear her morning and stop by for a little visit. She was completely excited about visiting the hospital when she heard about you."

The young boy starred in disbelief. He looked at Shorty for almost a minute, nobody said a word. Then he leaned over to give her a big hug. He was quickly reminded of his stitches and he held back just a little. In the end he had to be content with just squeezing her arm. The parents weren't quite sure who was coming to visit, but they knew she had to be big if their son was this excited. The excitement soon turned into panic when the boy realized he would be meeting his favorite "Idol" wearing these ridiculous hospital pajamas.

The boy had no time to dwell on his situation as Shorty was taking a call from the lobby. Miss Sulli and her handlers were on their way up. He would just have to make the most of it. There was no way he didn't want to meet her.

It was a bit of a zoo as Sulli made her way through the lobby. The crowd that formed were all hoping to say hello, get a hug or a hand shake, even an autograph or two. She was happy to accommodate everyone. Sulli was very good natured and adored her fans above all. She even smiled for a couple of quick pictures-flashing her trademark peace sign by her cheek.

Sulli and her entourage finally made it to the boys room. She knocked and Shorty answered the door. There were about 10 people standing there and Shorty was curious how they all expected to fit in this room. The interpreter wanted to make sure the two important people got to meet so she was not afraid to wedge her way around the young lady and practically scoot her right in. The boy and his family starred  in awe. You think that stars are just regular people deep down, but then you see them up close and of course they are so much more.

The boy leaned over to Shorty and squeezed her arm again and mumbled something very quietly under his breathe.
He said, "she sparkles, she is actually sparkling."

Shorty didn't say it out but thought it could have something to do with glitter makeup and the lights, but if he thinks she sparkles, then so be it. A once in a lifetime experience should leave you with a lasting memory, this young man would remember that the girl sparkled.

Sulli was the consummate professional and about as sweet as candy.

Shorty made a proper greeting, "Annyounghaseyo" with a bow.

Sulli returned the greeting to Shorty and then the boy and his family. After the greeting was over, Sulli looked at the boy and in her best English asked, "how he was feeling?"

She was sorry to hear their family vacation was cut short and that he had to have an operation. She asked what they had seen so far, and then recommended a couple of interesting places, if they had time before they flew back to the states. Sulli then took out a couple gifts for the boy. A signed copy of "Pinocchio" one of her favorite CD's and a hat that seemed to be popular with the guys. It was designed by her friend and fellow SM family member Choi Min Ho. The boy had heard of SHINee...really who hasn't, and getting this hat and CD was amazing. He didn't know what to say.

The manager then popped into the conversation and requested a quick picture of the boy and Sulli, he asked Shorty to translate to the family, wanting to make sure it was ok, and that they would be posting it in on the F(x) twitter account.
The boy looked at his parents begging, "please, I think it's ok."

Apparently he was over the whole silly pajama thing. He put on his hat, Sulli leaned in close and they both flashed the peace sign along with two very big smiles.

The big show at the hospital finally ended. It seemed like a show anyway. The boy and his parents couldn't stop talking about the visitor. They thanked Shorty so much and again they were in her debt. She said it was all part of her job. Well, it was a little outside the scope of her job, but she didn't want anyone leaving South Korea with a bad experience, not if she could help it.

Back in her office, she sat again, reliving the mornings events. Her mind went back through the day so far, back to when she saw the guard. Shorty smiled, thinking she should make up some excuse to go to the lobby. Then she realized she didn't need an excuse, she would just go.