The drive home

Simple interpretation

Sojin got out of bed and went to look through his bag. He noticed she put his hat right on top. Maybe it was a hint she would like him to wear it again. But the "cool" pin had to go. He couldn't walk around like that and pretend to like it, even if she did think it was cute. Inside jokes seem better left inside. Sojin took a moment and pinned it on Kats jacket. Honestly in his eyes, she was much cooler.

They bumped into each other a couple of times as they were getting ready. Still kind of awkward, they kept apologizing to each other and smiling. Kat was eager to go back to the beach one more time before driving home. Sojin packed everything back in the car and they left.

Another quick drive to a great little spot. The beach was a little busier than yesterday, Kat told Sojin she would like to walk again and breathe in some fresh ocean air. So that's what they did.

Sojin grabbed Kats hand and helped her over some rocks, but didn't let go when they landed safely on the sand. He wanted to keep hold of her, just for a little while.

He decided to take a couple pictures with his hand phone and then a couple with Kat's phone. He wanted to be able to remember this happy day and look back on it any time he needed to. One last big squeeze with their faces together and Sojin took a picture of them together. He then planted a big kiss on her cheek and took one last shot. This will do for a while, a little while anyway.

They were still walking and holding hands when Kat asked, "what do we do at work?"

"Well you help interpret for foreigners and I guard the place," Soju said jokingly.

"I'm serious! What do we tell people? Do you what to tell people?" Kat said.

His reply was simple and sweet. "We just say nothing. It's nobody else's business. Besides they have all ben talking about us already. A couple more days and our story will be out and we won't need to tell anyone." He said.

"I guess you are right, people do love to talk." she said.

"What about your family," she added.

"I will take care of my family," he said in a comforting tone.

The two kept walking together taking breaks in their conversation to just breath in the fresh air. It was a beautiful day and they would both find it hard to leave. The sun had already passed mid-day when they started the drive back to Seoul it was starting to get cloudy. Before they made it home, it would start raining. It was a beautiful rain that sounded sweet as it hit the windshield of the car. It was a good thing Kat had grown to love the rain, because it rained quite often.

It was late in the afternoon when they pulled up in front of Kat's apartment. Sojin carried her bag in for her.

"I'm glad you packed well. Next time I will plan a longer trip so you get a change to wear everything." He said with a chuckle.

"Point taken. I was anxious about this trip and I may have slightly over packed. You are such a gentleman to help me in with my very heavy bag, " she said.

Kat then dropped her purse and jacket and reached up to give Sojin a hug. A nice warm hug to which he hugged her back. They took their time saying good-bye at the door.

"I guess  since technically we 'slept together' kissing is totally permitted," Kat said jokingly.

Sojin smiled and said, "It's encouraged" and he planted a big kiss right on the lips. I also hope the next time we sleep together, there is less actual sleeping he whispered in her ear."

Kat looked at Sojin and said with a smile, "let's see how it goes with your family."

"You know it doesn't really matter how it goes with my family, you're important! To important to let go of," He said.

"Please don't worry, I am sure it will be fine. I'm not going to obsess about it, you shouldn't either. They will like me because I am a very likable person. I have impressed people on several continents you know." she said with a smile.

Sojin and Kat finally parted. A couple more hugs, some kisses and then she watched him drive away. Kat closed the door and let out a huge sigh. If his family doesn't like me, I may just go crazy! It would be very difficult to turn away now. I am not willing to let go without a fight, she thought.