Chapter 8

My Father's Lover

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Ryeowook hyung!” Taemin ran to Ryeowook as soon as we returned home and he was lifted up by him. Taeminis the only one that truly welcome him in this family.

“Uri Taemin ah, are you a good boy today?” Ryeowook asked him warmly.

“Yes, Taemin is a good boy.”

“Did you greet your Kyuhyunnie hyung?” He asked the little boy. But Taemin peeked at me and quickly buried his face on Ryeowook’s shoulder.

“Aigo, our Taemin is shy? He is your hyung.” Ryeowook pat Taemin’s back softly to encourage him. “Kyuhyunnie hyung.” He called with his face looking down at the floor.

I didn’t know how to react. “Um… good boy.” I ruffled his hair and entered the house.

I heard Ryeowook giggling at me as he followed me. To my surprise, Nayoung was at the dining table with Heechul and my stepmothers. “We are back.” Ryeowook and I bowed as he let Taemin down to run to his mother.

Nayoung stood up and bowed to Ryeowook politely which he bowed too. I greeted Nayoung with a wave and followed Ryeowook to our rooms.

“You look tired.” I said to him.

“Yea.” He replied softly.

“Something happened?” I asked worriedly.

“Nothing.”

“Let me think… The new director gave you problem?”

“How did you know?”

“Well, it’s so easy to guess from your face.” He scoffed and entered the room.


 

“Abonim, I bought this wine. I hope you like it.” Nayoung said shyly as she passed the bottle of wine to Aboji.

Ryeowook walked over to collect it and put aside for my father.

“What school did you graduate from?” Aboji asked.

Nayoung flustered and quickly answered “Seoul University.”

“Uri Ryeowook graduated from Harvard.” Aboji said proudly.

Ryeowook choked on his rice and coughed. Nayoung faked a smiled and nodded awkwardly.

“Do you like music like Heechul too?” Aboji asked again.

Nayoung shook her head and said “I don’t learn music.”

“Uri Ryeowook is a great singer and plays the piano very well.”

“Ah! I’ll get the soup!” Ryeowook jumped up and left the table hastily. He must be embarrassed to be used to compare with Nayoung. But I wonder why aboji is comparing Nayoung with Ryeowook? It’s not as if he wants Heechul hyung to marry Ryeowook.


 

Ryeowook’s POV

“Ahjussi!!” I chided the elderly man before me when we were in his room. I was helping him light the scented candles.

“I’m so embarrassed by you. Why did you do that?”

“I just want Heechul to see how good you are.” Ahjussi explained.

I sighed and continued “I don’t want to come between them ahjussi. You are promoting me like I’m your son rather than Heechul.”

“I have always treated you as my son. No, even more precious than them, you are a gift from god. I want the best for you.” Ahjussi held my hands and looked at me as he spoke.

“Ahjussi, YOU are the gift from god for me. If it weren’t for you, I would have died on the streets of Canada.”

“When I was devastated with life and even thought of killing myself, I saw you trying so hard to survive. You rekindled my passion for life. I am always grateful to you.” Ahjussi said to me.

“Ahjussi, thank you so much for loving me more than your own son. But… I really do not wish to break couples up. I may not be able to be Heechul’s spouse but at least, I will be by your side.” I smiled at him.

Ahjussi sighed and nodded. “It seems that I should start looking for someone better than him for you.”

I giggled and tucked my savior to sleep.

I stop outside Kyuhyun’s room. I could hear soft music being played in his room and his singing. His voice is melodious.

 Just then I realize that my cheeks are hot. What is wrong with me?


 

The next morning, ahjussi isn’t going to the company today so only Kyu and I were in the car. We sat beside each other but did not speak. I was looking out of the window until I felt some weight on my shoulder. I turned to find that Kyuhyun has dozed off and fell asleep on my shoulder.

My heart skipped a beat when I peeked at Kyuhyun’s sleeping face so near to mine. Just then, the car took a sharp turn and I support his head on my shoulder with my hand.

“Kyuhyun ah.” I pat his cheeks lightly when we arrive at the company building. He opened his eyes and naturally lifted his head from my shoulder.

“So soon?” He asked.

I smiled and alighted from the car. Kyuhyun followed me from behind as we waited at the lobby for the lift. We were the first to enter the lift and other employees start to fill up the space. Kyuhyun and I were squeeze at the corner of the lift. We were so close together with our body pressed against each other.

As if protecting me, Kyuhyun hugged me tight while we were in the lift. I smelled his cologne and would peek at his face when I had the chance. Is it me or his heart is pumping fast?

As the lift go to the higher floors, it start to empty again, leaving just the 2 or us standing dangerously close at the corner. He separated from me a little and our eyes met. We stared into each other for what seems like eternity until Kyuhyun start to lean his face towards me. Naturally, I closed my eyes and when I thought I felt his lips on mine…

*Ding*

The lift door opened and both of us sprang away from each other.

Kyuhyun rubbed his nose and avoided my eyes. He cleared his throat for a moment and said “See you tonight.” And quickly ran out of the lift.

I watched his back as the lift door closed again. I am finally able to breathe when I’m all alone in the lift.

 

What are you thinking. Kim Ryeowook?

 

 

I can’t be….

 

 

In love?


I'm in a bad mood today, very moody and sad because something happened at work today. I really want to quit and find something else to do. If only i can work as a fanfic writer...

My only joy now is to write my stories.

Thank you for reading. Love you all!!