Chapter 7

My Father's Lover

Ryeowook’s POV

“That rascal is really wasting rice at home.” Ahjussi said to me as we were on the way to work.

“Why not send him to the company to work?” I suggested.

“What can he do? Heechul is starting work as director tomorrow but for him, he can’t even be a manager. He quit school halfway. Good for nothing.”

“Have you ever thought that what he did was not because he couldn’t, but rather, he wanted your attention?”

Ahjussi looked at me and laughed. “You always bring out the best in people.” He ruffled my hair and continued “So what do you suggest?”

“Why not let him work here too? Maybe just as a small staff will do.”

Ahjussi thought for a while as he looked out of the car window. “I’ll hold you responsible if he were to cause trouble in the company too.”

I laughed and nodded happily.


 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“WHAT!” I shouted at the dining table when aboji released the news to me to work at the company from tomorrow.

Omma squeezed my thigh to make me calm down.

“Ryeowook suggested that you should get something better to do in your life.” Aboji continued.

All the mistresses and Heechul glared at him as if Ryeowook just stole a piece of meat from them. But he was smiling at me.

I sighed and agreed, knowing that I do not have a choice.

“Yah, why did you do that?” I pinned Ryeowook against the wall when he was about to return to his room. “What? Aren’t you happy that you have a job now?” He asked.

“I don’t need you busybody to help me!” I scolded him.

I saw that his eyes turned watery. He pushed me away and said “Yes! I’m a busybody! I won’t care about you anymore!”

He slammed his door after that and I heard him sniffing his nose in his room. Is he crying?


 

The next morning, Omma was so anxious about my work. She checked my appearance and straightened my suit.

My stepmother checked Heechul’s and aboji’s while Ryeowook stood at a corner with puffy eyes.

“Let’s go.” Aboji said.

Hyung drove his audi to work and since I didn’t have a car, I have to join aboji in the limousine.

I sat opposite Ryeowook in the car and he did not look at me at all. He stared out of the window.

“Are you unwell?” Aboji squeezed his hand. I heart turned sour upon seeing that.

“I’m fine. Just tired.” He said.

“You! Behave yourself at work.” Aboji said sternly to me. I nodded at aboji and glanced at Ryeowook who turned away as soon as our eyes met.

He is angry, I know it.


 

Ryeowook and I reached the 28th floor while aboji continued to the38th storey. I followed behind him as he was in charge of bringing me to my office.

“Yah.” I called as we walked. He ignored me.

“Yah.” I pulled the back of his suit and he almost fell over.

“What!” He replied, annoyed.

“I’m sorry for what I said last night. I was shocked.”

“I’m a busybody anyway.” He threw my hands away but I sped forward to grab his wrist and pulled him towards me. “I said I’m sorry.”

He looked away from me but I moved my face in front of his eyes. He turned again, my face followed his eyes everywhere he turned. He couldn’t resist and start to giggle. I smiled in relieve too.

He hit me lightly on the chest. “Say that again and I won’t forgive you so easily.” He warned and I nodded my head.


 

I was assigned as a regular staff in the Creative department, the same one as Nayoung. Everyone knew my identity so no one dared to make things difficult for me. I spent 3 hours reading a 5 page report at my leisure speed.

With Nayoung as my companion, it was such a breeze. Working isn’t that bad after all.

 

Lunchtime

Nayoung orientated me into canteen and many of my colleagues are trying to befriend me already. After I collected my food, I sat with Nayoung at a corner.

“Try this fish.” She gave me some more of her fish.

“That’s enough, Nayoung ah.” I smiled at her.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Ryeowook sitting alone while having his meal.

“Doesn’t he have friends?” I asked Nayoung.

“Who dares to befriend him? He is the Chairman’s favorite. Come to think of it, he is…” Before she complete her sentence, I took my tray and stood up. I walked to where Ryeowook is and sat down in front of him.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Having lunch. Try this fish.” I gave him the fish Nayoung gave me to him. Not knowing that Nayoung is looking at us with her fist clenched angrily.

“It’s enough. How’s first day?”

“Great! Everyone is nice.” I answered.

“That’s good but you shouldn’t be sitting with me.”

“Why?”

“Nobody does. Because…”

“You are my father’s lover?” He nodded.

“But I have meals with you every day, what difference does it make?” He thought for a while and laughed. “That’s true.”

 

Ryeowook’s POV

I had  a great time at lunch with Kyuhyun. I returned to my office with a big smile on my face until I saw a pile of documents on my desk.

“What’s this?” I asked my secretary.

“That’s the documents rejected by the new director.” Heechul, I thought to myself. I looked through the papers and realize that these are urgent documents. I took the pile and went to look for Heechul.

I knocked on the door and entered right away.

“Heechul ssi, these documents are urgent and …”

“Call me director.” He interrupted.

I paused for a while and then continued “Director, these documents are…”

“I know.” Heechul interrupted again.

“Mwo?”

“But these documents have not been endorsed.”

“These do not have to be…”

“I don’t care how you used to do but since I’m here, I want everything to be well in place.” He smirked at me and pushed the pile of documents on his desk to the floor with his hands. I squat on the floor to pick them up.

JERK, I thought to myself.

*knock knock*

“Come in.” Heechul summoed and Nayoung entered the room. She squat beside me to help me pick up the files too but heechul pulled her up for a passionate kiss. She tried to stop him but it only made him intensify the kiss.

I bowed and left the room, disappointed.

It seems that my life in the company is going to be full of ups and downs now.



Second update of the day! Sunday special! Hahaha...

Thank you for the comments for chapter 6. I love to read all of the comments. It encouraged me to go on. I may not reply to your comments but really, i read each one of them and am touched by them all.

Saranghae!! Will update soon!

P.S. Writing chapter 15...