Chapter 4

My Father's Lover

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Did I miss any fun?” Heechul asked as soon as he entered the house. His mother rushed to his side to give him hug. “My son, you are back.”

“Omma.” He called.

Heechul hyung is still the pretty boy I remembered, highly intelligent. He saw me and smiled at me. “Kyuhyun?”

“Yes, hyung.” He came to me to hug me too. “Welcome back.”

This is the only ‘welcome’ I got from this family since I returned.

Ryeowook’s POV

Ahjussi’s eldest son is back and I am in charge of preparing dinner tonight. It’s the first time I saw him. Unlike Kyuhyun, ahjussi rarely mention about him so I may not be familiar with his character.

As expected, he looked at me with very hostile eyes. Of course, I am endangering his mother’s position as the controller of this house. Heechul helped his father to the dining table and had the privilege to sit beside him. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, sat at the far end of the table.

Mrs Cho was about to sit on the other side of Ahjussi but suddenly, “Ryeowook ah, don’t keep yourself busy. Sit here.” He pointed to the seat beside him. Heechul was shocked to hear that as he stared at me fiercely. Mrs Cho was embarrassed.

I smiled awkwardly at ahjussi and said “No, Mrs Cho please sit. I need to get the soup.” I left for the kitchen and made sure that the seat was occupied before entering the dining room again.

The only vacant seat was beside Kyuhyun so I sat beside him.

“Let’s toss for Heechul’s return.” Ahjussi raised his wine glass and smiled at his eldest son. “Thank you, appa.”

Mrs Cho looked so proud to have heechul as a son. Both are ahjussi’s son but such vast treatment.

Kyuhyun looked dissatisfied as he poked his chopsticks repeatedly into his rice bowl. “Kyuhyun ah, eat.” I heard his mother whisper to him.

I tried to get the pork from the plate at the middle of the table but I couldn’t grab it well with my chopsticks. Kyuhyun sighed and put one of them on my bowl for me.

“You have so many ways to annoy me.” He said to me.

“Sorry and thank you.” I apologized.

I saw that ahjussi was observing me and I blushed when our eyes met.

Throughout the dinner, heechul was telling interesting stories he experienced in Japan. Little Taemin and I were very much amazed. Kyuhyun stood up and said “I’m full.” He returned to his room.

My eyes followed him as he walked up the stairs to his room.

In a while, ahjussi stood up too. He said to Heechul “Talk more to your aunts. I’ll retire to my room. Ryeowook ah.” He called me.

“Neh aboji.” Heechul replied.

I rushed to ahjussi’s side and supported him into the room. I helped him onto the bed and put his walking stick aside.

“What do you think of that rascal?” He suddenly asked.

“Mwo?”

“I saw that you were different when you were sitting beside him. You looked...warmer.”

“What are you talking, ahjussi? I…”

“Well, pardon me. This old man is sensitive at times.”

“TOO sensitive.” I corrected him and bowed to him before leaving his room to return to my room upstairs.

*bump*

My face pressed against someone’s chest that smelled of fresh shower foam. “Aish… don’t dirty my pajama.”

I lifted my head to see that it was Kyuhyun that I bumped into. He was in pororo pajama and I blushed when I realized that we were standing so close together. We blinked rapidly and quickly stepped away from each other.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“My room is beside yours, for your information.”

“Don’t you sleep with my father? Is he going to sleep with his other women tonight?” He asked with a sense of sarcasm.

“I have my room too, okay?” I pushed him aside and returned to my room and slammed the door.


 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I was awoken by the dream I had moments ago. It’s about that Kim Ryeowook smiling at me so sweetly yesterday before we entered the house together.

Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. Why did you dream of him? He’s your father’s lover!

I shook the thought out of my mind and crawled out of bed.

I opened my room door and realized that Ryeowook opened his room door at the same time. He was yawning and we froze when we saw each other’s first look in the morning. He was wearing an oversized white t-shirt that dangles over his track pants and had bed hair while I, in my pororo pajama. I have to admit that he looked cute.

“Gg..good morning, Kyuhyun ah.” He greeted shyly.

I scratched my head awkwardly and nodded in acknowledgement.

We walked down the stairs together with him following behind. “Good morning, Heechul ssi!” He greeted energetically when he saw hyung in the kitchen. He ignored him completely and turned to me to say “Good morning, Kyuhyun ah.”

Ryeowook’s POV

“Good morning hyung.” Kyuhyun greeted his brother.

“I am meeting Nayoung this afternoon. Have you met her?” Heechul asked warmly.

“Yes. We met 2 days ago for some tea.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Great. See you around.” Heechul waved at Kyuhyun and left the kitchen with his cup of coffee.

“Who is Nayoung?” I asked kyuhyun, pulling his sleeve.

“It’s none of your business and why are you talking to me in banmal now?” He pulled his arm away from me and walked to the living room. I was at a loss for words. I did not realize that!

Just then, we saw Kyuhyun’s mother leaving ahjussi’s room with a big smile on her face. So ahjussi slept with madam last night?

I smiled at her and bowed to her.

“Good morning Omma. Had a great night?” Kyuhyun asked his Omma.

She blushed and went to the kitchen. Kyuhyun start to study my face carefully and frowned a little.

“What?” I asked coldly.

“Aren’t you worried or jealous? My father slept with my mother last night and not you.” He explained.

“As you said, those are your parents. Why can’t they sleep together?” I asked him back.

“Because you are supposed to be my father’s CURRENT favorite lover?”

“Grow up, Cho Kyuhyun.” I smirked at him and left to my room with my milk, knowing that madam will take good care of ahjussi this morning.


I'm updating this so frequently right? Because i love this story so much too. Hahahaha! And all of you gave me such great encouragements!

Thank you and comments!!

P.S I should be responsible for "Please leave me for good" too. I will update now!

*Hooked onto Shinhwa's 'Deep Sorrow' *