Chapter 18

My Father's Lover

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I haven’t heard from Ryeowook since yesterday. I am really worried of Ryeowook. Is he okay? Is he angry at me now? Why did I shout at him? Pabo Cho Kyuhyun!

After ensuring that Omma is asleep, I fished out my cellphone from my bag.

I texted him:

“Are you okay?”

After 1 minute, a reply came.

“Yea. I am PERFECTLY fine after you shouted at me at the top of your voice with that glare that’s enough to kill someone.”

Oh no… he is really mad at me. Serves you right, Cho Kyuhyun.

I quickly tried to explain myself.

“I was too anxious to calm my mother that I scolded you. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

After a few seconds, he replied again.

“I will forgive me if you tell me that you love me.”

How could I say that to him? I know that we are well aware of each other’s heart but I refuse to admit my love for him. I did not reply his text after that.

I prepared Omma’s toiletries and hot tea at her bedside in case she needs to drink when she wakes up. I cleaned myself before retiring to my bed too.

Just then, a text came in.

“I WILL KILL MYSELF IF YOU DON’T COME HOME NOW! I AM SERIOUS.”

Great, Ryeowook is angrier at me now.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

I really miss Kyuhyun. It’s been 3 days since I last saw him and I did not dare to go to his house anymore for fear that his mother would be too agitated when she sees me.

I walked down the stairs to go to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. Today is Friday but surprisingly, no one is home at this time. Usually, everyone would be around. It feels weird.

Just then, the main door opened and I turned around to find Kyuhyun at the door, panting.

“Kyuhyun ah.” I called.

“Are you alright?” He ran to me to touch my face. Confused, I shook my head and answered. “I’m perfectly fine. What is wrong? Why are you here?”

“Didn’t you messaged me to say that you will die right away if you don’t see me now?” He showed me a text message in his phone.

“No, I did not send you this.”

“Mwo?” He asked.

Just then, someone was at the door. Or rather, a group of people appeared at the main door.

“Omo omo, what are the two of you doing?” Heechul’s mother exclaimed. Behind her, were Heechul and the other 2 of ahjussi’s lover. Kyuhyun was still holding me at the waist and he immediately released me when he saw them.

Heechul’s mother walked to me to give me a slap. “How dare you cheat on the Chairman with his son? This is , you little…” I covered my red and painful cheek and let tears flow out freely. I felt humiliated and insulted by her.

Kyuhyun pushed her away from me a little. “Stop it, Ahjumma!”

“You are nothing but trouble for the family. Now you are even seducing your father’s lover.” She accused Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun lowered his head.

Just then, she took out an envelope from her bag and threw it on the floor. It was photots of Kyuhyun and I kissing below his house 3 days ago.

“I will tell your father about it!” She warned Kyuhyun.

I was about to rebut her but Kyuhyun knelt down on the floor. I know how much he hates this family, especially heechul’s mother. But now, he is kneeling in front of her.

“Ahjumma, I mean, Omonim.” She scoffed. “Please, it’s not Ryeowook ssi’s fault. He’s never accepted me, it’s only my one-sided love.” Kyuhyun pleaded to his enemy.

“Kyuhyun ah.” I tried to pull him up from his knees but he pushed me away. “Tell them, Ryeowook ssi, that you never accepted me. It’s been my wishful thinking.”

That silly pabo, willing to take all the blame just to make sure that I will be safe.

I took a step forward but before I could say anything, someone from behind spoke.

“What’s all the ruckus about?” Ahjussi just returned from the company and came into the house. He walked past the smirking Heechul and saw the photos on the floor.

Ahjussi picked them up and looked at it. His eyes opened wide and he stared at me surprisingly. I blushed and looked at the floor.

“Aboji listen to me. It’s not Ryeowook ssi’s fault. He’s never liked me.” Kyuhyun pleaded.

“Is it true, Ryeowook?” Ahjussi asked me.

 

I paused and looked at Kyuhyun who was shaking his head, telling me to deny. I looked back at ahjussi and smiled.

“No, that’s not true.” I answered ahjussi proudly.

“Are you crazy?” Kyuhyun shouted at me.

Heechul and his mother were smirking at us.

“I love Kyuhyun, ahjussi. I really do.”

“Omo, look at them, so preposterous! They have no shame at all.” Heechul’s mother commented. Ahjussi raised his hand to stop her from talking. He walked to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

“Do you know what you are talking now?” He asked me sincerely. I nodded at him.

“I am perfectly sure. I love Kyuhyun.”

Ahjussi definitely looked shocked but he kept his composure and turned around to face everyone and finally said, “I want to make things clear…”Everyone remained silent.

“Kim Ryeowook isn’t my lover, he is just my confidant, someone I trust very much.” Ahjussi continued.

I could see that Heechul and his mother’s jaw dropped. I turned to see Kyuhyun stunned. I went to help him up on his feet.

“If Ryeowook thinks that he loves Kyuhyun, I don’t see a problem with that.” Ahjussi continued.

“He…he isn’t your boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asked.

Ahjussi shook his head but did not look at Kyuhyun.

“Ryeowook’s suffered a lot since he moved here. I treat him like my own son, I hope that from today onwards, all of you can start treating him like family.” Ahjussi said.

 Heechul and his mother were speechless.

Ahjussi returned to his room after that, leaving all the people shocked.

Kyuhyun’s eyes met mine as we stared into each other. I am sure Kyuhyun is understanding how stupid he is how not believing what I said to him before.

“I…I got to go.” Kyuhyu said and rushed out of the house. I was surprised that he would run away like that.

I chased after him.

“YAH!” I shouted and he stopped at the courtyard.

I was panting as I continue “Don’t… you…have something…to say to me?”

He shook his head while his back was facing me. I walked in front of him to face him.

Kyuhyun avoided my eyes.

“What’s wrong? Shouldn’t you say something?” I asked.

Kyuhyun start to blush. “I was so stupid. You told me the truth but I stubbornly didn’t believe you. I was so…” Before he could continue scolding himself, I pressed my lips against his.

We kissed at the courtyard as the gentle breeze blew.

This, I believe will be a new beginning for us…


I hope you like it!! It's revealed!! The long awaited...