Chapter 19

My Father's Lover

Ryeowook’s POV

*Ring ring*

My alarm clock rang in the morning and I pressed it immediately. I was too happy to fall asleep at all last night. The secret in me was finally revealed and most importantly, the one i love now knows that i am not a ridiculous lover of his father.

I jumped out from my bed and ran down the stairs excitedly to get ready to go to office but as soon as I reach the end of the spiral staircase, I met ahjussi.

“Good morning! Ahjussi!” I greeted him cheerfully.

“Wookie ah, I didn’t have a chance to talk to you last night. Shall we?” Ahjussi gestured to lead me out of the house into the courtyard which I followed closely behind.

We came to a stop at the coffee table below the rain tree.

“Ahjussi, what is it?”

“You love Kyuhyun? Why?”

“...There’s no reason, i just fell for him. I thought you gave us your blessing?” I asked.

“I... don’t know. I just felt that that rascal isn’t good enough for you. He isn’t mature at all.” I giggled and smiled at him. “Ahjussi, open your heart. Even if Kyuhyun isn’t your biological son, I am sure there are reasons for you to love him.”

Kyuhyun’s POV

Omma, who is in hometown, was surprised to hear from me over the phone that Ryeowook isn’t aboji’s lover. It took me a long time to explain things in detail to her

and was subtly hinting to her that I can be with Ryeowook now. I wonder if she got my hint?

It’s in the evening and Ryeowook did not call me since morning.

I climbed up the stairs to reach my rooftop house and to my surprise, Wookie was sitting at the stool outside waiting. My heart start to race the moment i saw him and

my cheeks start to turn hot.

“Ky...Kyu ah, you are home.” He said shyly to me with his cheeks pinkish.

“You should have called me. Why are you so silly to wait for me out here?”

He smiled cutely at me and stood aside as he waited for me to open the door. We entered together and he removed his shoes.

I gestured to him to sit down on the floor and he did.

We avoided each other’s eyes and looked around the house. There was this awkward feeling between us even though we already confessed to each other.

We looked away as soon as our eyes met.

“I better get you something to drink.” I jumped up, trying to get away from this awkward situation. Ryeowook said “No.. It’s okay.” He grabbed my wrist to stop me but

the moment his hands touched mine, we froze.

We looked at each other. My heart is beating like crazy and i squat down again to meet his eye level. I start to caress his face softly. He smile prettily at me and

closed his eyes. I leaned my face towards him and pressed my lips against his. Time seemed to stop around us as we kissed. The awkwardness before disappeared

and only the love remained.

After a while, we quickly released and blushed.

“Why did you not call me the whole day?” I asked.

Ryeowook smiled guiltily and said “I was busy with work today. Didn’t I compensate you with the kiss?”

Kyuhyun giggled and grabbed his wrist to pull his lover up on his feet.

“You must be tired now. Go home.”

“What? I just saw you and now you want me to go home?”

“It’s late. Aboji will be worried.”

“Have you not gotten use that I am not your father’s lover?”

“But you are very important to my father. He will be worried if you go back late.”

Ryeowook sighed and nodded. “I will go home now but I want to go on a date with you tomorrow.”

“Okay, that’s my intention too.” Kyuhyun smirked.

The taller boy kissed the forehead of the other boy and send him out to the door. “Dream of me!” Ryeowook shouted as he walked down the stairs to his car.

Ryeowook’s POV

Ever since my identity was revealed, everybody in the family treated me differently. Ahjussi’s wife and mistresses were so polite to me and all smiley to me. But the

thing that I am totally not used to it is that Heechul is also nice to me.

“Ryeowook ssi, do you want coffee?” He asked me when we met in the dining room the next morning.

“Mwo? No thanks.” I replied, feeling awkward for his sudden change of attitude.

Well, I guess that i have to be prepared that people in the house are going to treat me like a queen now given that I am ahjussi’s most trusted person and does not

have any ual relationship with him.

Nobody’s POV

“Heechul oppa!” Nayoung ran towards her boyfriend to link his arm when she met him and Ryeowook in the company lift.

Heechul coldly moved away from her after he ‘unlink’ her arms from him.

She looked at him, looking surprised.

“Good morning.” He replied plainly.

Just then, the elevator’s door opened and Ryeowook was at the door. Seeing that the couple were already in the elevator, he smiled awkwardly and entered.

To his surprise, Heechul broke the silence.

“Ryeowook ssi, have you had breakfast?’

“Mwo? Neh...” Ryeowook was surprised.

“I’ll be making dinner tonight. Please join us.” Heechul said cheerfully as he left the elevator, leaving Nayoung and Ryeowook.

As it next reached the 38th floor, Ryeowook bowed at Nayoung politely and exited. Unknowingly, Nayoung’s heart was boiling with jealously. Even Heechul now is

treating Ryeowook so nicely. She vowed to make Ryeowook suffer.

My deep apologies for taking so... long (Almost a year)! I hope you guys are still with me. Saranghae...