Chapter 3

My Father's Lover

Ryeowook’s POV

I took a good spread of vegetables and lean meat for Ahjussi. “Vegetables and lean meat again? For heaven’s sake, Ryeowook ah. I came here for dinner, not salad.”

“Ahjussi, stop being such a spoilt brat. Eat only healthy food.” I placed the plate heaped with vegetables in front of him.

“You sound like my mother, not my lover.” He said while giggling.

“Ahjussi, there’s no one here with us so I’m not your lover.” I reminded him.

“Of course you are not. I wouldn’t want to sleep with my mother.”

I pouted at him as ahjussi ruffled my hair.

Ahjussi is my savior, he saved me from being beaten up by debt collectors 10 years ago. He even paid for my education and treated me better than his biological son. He brought me back to his mansion 3 years ago, introduced as a friend. Somehow, everyone perceived it differently and I became his ‘lover’ overnight. We did not explain things up since ahjussi thought that it may actually help me better survive in this house if I were to have a ‘special relationship’ with him. So we let things go out of hand especially since I massage ahjussi’s feet every night which made people think that we are doing otherwise in the room. Everyone that sees me in the company now treats me with even greater respect than Mrs Cho. I know how much ahjussi’s lovers would hate me but since I promised to stay with him as his only confidant, I won’t leave until he chases me away.

“Stop daydreaming.” Ahjussi waved a hand in front of me. I woke up from my thoughts and smiled at him.

“Ahjussi, aren’t you going to talk to him?” I asked.

“That brat is capable of being forbidden to enter America, he doesn’t need me to talk to him.”

“I know you love him. Even more than Heechul ssi, in fact.”

“Nonsense.” He shook his head.

“Without your secret protection, would he be alive today? Given how often he caused troubles in pubs and fights in America.”

“I don’t want to talk to you. You are spoiling my appetite.” He turned away from me.

“Ahjussi…” I saw that he really did not want to continue the conversation so I paused. I know that he always had a soft spot for this son but for some mysterious reason, he hid his feelings for Kyuhyun. I wonder why.

*Ring ring*

Ahjussi sighed and answered his cell phone. “What?” He asked.

“WHAT!! THAT BRAT!!! Ask him to settle it himself!” He shouted and then cut off the line immediately.

“What is it, ahjussi?” I asked.

“That brat is in the police station now. He caused some fight in a pub.” Ahjussi was red with anger, “When will he be sensible?” He continued.

“Do you need me to bail him out?” I asked.

“No! Let him suffer in the police station.”

Ahjussi continued eating after that but I know that he is worried. He was chewing on vegetables that he hated. Obviously, his mind is occupied with worries. I kept quiet and watched him eat while I count down in my mind. “3……2…….1”

 

“Ryeowook ah.”

“Yes, Ahjussi?”

“Can… you bail that brat?” I smiled and nodded at him.

Like the saying goes, no parent can ever win their child.


 

I arrived at the police station to find a few other men being interrogated by the police. I scanned the area and caught eye of Kyuhyun in the retention area.

“Kyuhyun ssi.” I walked in front of him. He had some bruise on his face. Uncontrollably, I face palmed him and gently touched his wound. I blew air on his wound, hoping to reduce the pain. But as soon as our eye met, I bounced away from him.

“What are you doing here? I don’t need your help.” He said annoyingly.

“Your father sent me here, he cares about you.”

He scoffed and blinked at me. “Are you his guarantor?” The policeman asked.

“Yes.”

“He fought with this gentleman over here because he kissed his boyfriend.” The policeman explained. I looked at his attacker and realized that he was hurt more than Kyuhyun. He even had a bleeding nose and a black eye.

“Omo, are you alright?” I asked.

“Yah, aren’t you my lawyer?” Kyuhyun shouted from the retention area.

“Oh… Right. Um… “ I had the intention to threaten him that we can sue him for hitting Kyuhyun but seeing his condition, I’m just hoping that he wouldn’t sue us back. “How about we settle out of court?” I asked.

The man shook his head. “He kissed my boyfriend and hit me. I won’t let him off so easily.”

“YAH! KIM RYEOWOOK! Don’t pay him! Fight him in court! See who wins!” Kyuhyun shouted again but was scolded by the police immediately.

I took out a cheque and showed to Kyuhyun’s attacker/ victim.

In front of him, I wrote ‘KRW90000’

He laughed.

I added a 0 behind. His eyes widened but forced himself to turn away.

I smiled and added another 0 behind.

The man saw and choked on himself. He smiled so brightly and nodded his head. I smirked at Kyuhyun who was so angry by now.

 

When Kyuhyun’s finally allowed to leave, it’s almost dawn already. He walked in front of me when we left the police station. “Kyuhyun ssi, wait.” I called.

He stopped and walked back to me. He isn’t that bad, I thought.

“Where’s your car keys?”

“Mwo?”

He stuck his hand into my pocket and fished out my keys. I tried to snatch it back from him but he was too quick.

He unlocked the car and entered it immediately.…

“Yah!!” I shouted at him.

He started the engine. The car moved and at my fastest speed, I ran in front of the car to stop it with my body.

*Screech…*

“Are you crazy?” Kyuhyun shouted at me.

“You are not going anywhere!”

“Get lost!” He shouted but I quickly ran to jump into the car. He was shocked that I sat at the passenger seat.

“Get out, I’m not going home!”

“Then bring me along!” I said confidently.

“You are crazy.”

“I promised to bring you home. So either you go home with me or bring me along to where you want to go.” I stubbornly said to him. “You!!!” He couldn’t find words to complete his sentence.

He sighed and started the car and drove off. Throughout, we did not talk but I recognize that it’s the way back home.

Kyuhyun’s POV

We entered the mansion’s car park and we entered the house together. I could sense the chilling atmosphere in the house. Before we opened the door that led us into the living room, Ryeowook turned around to give me an assuring smile which somehow, made my heart skip a beat.

Aboji and his women are in the living room. Ryeowook gave a bow and walked to stand behind aboji. I felt lonely all of a sudden.

Aboji grabbed the apple in front of him and threw straight at me. Fortunately, I always had quick reflexes. I grabbed it immediately.

“You brat! Causing trouble just on your first day!”

“Aboji, I did not start the fight.” I tried to deny but it only made him angrier.

“Get out of this house if you intend to fight like that.”

“Yeobo.” Omma said. “Kyuhyun ah, quickly, apologise to your father.”

I sighed and walked in front of him. “Aboji, I’m sorry.”

He glared at me. “Kyuhyun knows that he’s wrong. He repented in the car just now too.” Ryeowook explained for me. Obviously, he was lying.

“Yes he must have.” Aboji said sarcastically and took his walking stick. Ryeowook linked his arm as they walked back into the room.

Before they entered, a voice came from the door. “Did I miss any fun?”

With a big smile, my stepmother rushed to the well built man for a tight hug.

He’s back, Cho Heechul.

 


Thank you so much for all the subs and upvote! Hope more comes!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comments!