Chapter 23

My Father's Lover

Ryeowook POV

"Kyuhyun ah! Save me!" I shouted as Heechul's hands were already under my shirt. 

Just then, someone pulled Heechul away from me and hit him on the face.

 I could hear Nayoung screaming. I opened my eyes to find the love of my life hitting my attacker. 

After Kyu, a group of policemen entered to arrest Nayoung as well. 

"Hurry to ahjussi's office, he is injured!" I shouted. 

Kyuhyun grabbed Heechul by the collar and handed him to the police. 

"Are you ok?" Kyu pulled me into his embrace. 

I nodded and said "Hurry, Ahjussi..."

"The medics are there already. I felt something was weird about what aboji said to me this morning so i returned to office to clarify with him. 

But then i saw aboji on the floor bleeding. He told me that you were in danger before he fainted."

Kyu kissed me on the forehead, "i was so afraid that something will happen to you."

"I knew that you will be here for me whenever i need you." 


Kyuhyun's POV

Wookie and I rushed to the hospital together with aboji in the ambulance. Along the way, Wookie was crying while holding aboji's hands. 

We watched aboji being pushed into the operation theatre. 

Wookie took out his phone to give a call "Yeoboseyo? Ahjumma, this is Ryeowook. 

Ahjussi is in the hospital now and we do not know what would happen, could you come to Daehan hospital now? Kyu and I are waiting..... Ok... Neh..."

"You called omma?" I asked. 

"Yea, i think she will be most worried."

I hugged my lover as we waited for aboji in the lobby. 

After 2 grueling hours, the surgeon came out and at the same time, omma arrived too.

 She was panting and had tears in her eyes. She grabbed me as we all looked at the surgeon waiting for him to tell us the results, her hands were ice cold. 

"The surgery was a success but we are having a lack of blood in the blood bank as Mr Cho's blood type is a little unique."

"My son and his father has the same blood type!" Omma said hurriedly. 

The surgeon looked at me and i nodded. 

"Ok, young Mr Cho, please come with me." I nodded to omma and gave wookie a reassuring smile before leaving with the surgeon. 

In the blood transfusion room, i could see aboji in the opposite room. 

Aboji, i will save you. 


Ryeowook's POV

I held Kyu's mother in my arms to support her as she was worried sick about ahjussi and now, for kyu too. 

"Don't worry, they both will be fine." I assured her.

"You know, Kyu's father always thought that Kyu was not his child."

"Mwo?"

"He thought that i had a thing with another oppa of the past. That's why he has never treated Kyu warmly, not even once.

 To think that Kyu is the one that is saving him, don't you think that life if a joke?"

I smiled and said "The son that ahjussi worry about all the time was Kyuhyun. 

He may not show it, but all these years, he has been protecting Kyu when he was overseas. 

On behalf of ahjussi, i have saved Kyu umpteen times overseas. And you know ahjumma?

 In ahjussi's room, he collected all the gift he bought for you and Kyu over the years but just 

couldn;t bring himself to give it to you. He really loves you." 

Tears flowed down the cheeks of ahjumma as she listened. 

Just then, the light of the 'operation in progress' sign turned off and the door opened. The nurses pushed ahjussi's bed out. 

Following behind was Kyu with a bandaged arm. 

"Kyu ah." I walked to his side and he gave me a peck on the lips. "I'm fine." he said. 

Ahjumma followed ahjussi's bed to the ward while we trailed slowly behind. 

"Aboji will be fine, the doctor said." I nodded in agreement and told Kyu what ahjumma said while he wasn't around. 

"No wonder he was hostile to me all this while."

"But you know ahjussi loves you don't you?" I asked. 

Kyu smiled and nodded. 


6 months later

Kyuhyun's POV

"Omma, why have you not been answering my calls lately?"

"I'm sorry darling, your aboji and I are in Switzerland now. The reception probably isn't good here.

 If there's nother urgent, we will talk when we are back for your wedding 

ok? We are bringing Taeminnie to ski." Heechul's mother left the home in shame of what her son did while Taemin and 

his mother left for Switzerland to study. My parents 

are probably there to visit. 

"Yah.. Omma..." The line was cut off. What? Now that aboji has given the company to me to be in charge and has the time to travel, 

she totally forgot to care for me.

Ryeowook giggle as he hugged me from behind in our bedroom. "Is my baby kyu jealous that ahjumma cares more for ahjussi than you now?"

"No i'm not!" I said proudly. 

"And Kyu ah, Heechul's verdict is out today. He was sentenced to 3 years imprisonment for embezzlement of fund and 

Nayoung 1 year, for being accomplice."

I nodded silently. Somehow, it still doesn't feel nice to know my hyung and the girl i used to have a crush to be in this state now. 

Ryeowook tried to lighten the mood by showering me with kisses all over my face. 

"Yah... Yah..." I said, pretending to be annoyed. 

He pouted cutely at me which i cannot resist and smiled. I flipped him under me on the bed and  his lips passionately. 

"Kyu ah, on our wedding next week, do you think that we should have gotten the other photographer instead?

 His package included a dining voucher." He said when we 

broke the kiss to catch our breaths. 

"Is that the only thing we can say after a super passionate kiss?" 

He giggled, "i just thought of it and thought that i should ask for your opinion."

"Since when do you ask for my opinions regarding our wedding? I wanted to go to Maldives for honeymoon but 

you went ahead for Jeju island. I wanted the food to be

 japanese but you went ahead for french."

My lover giggled and hugged me tighter. "And there's one more thing that i did not ask for your opinion." He said softly in my ears.

"And what is it? You are changing the groom?" I asked. 

He smiled and said "Someone will be joining us when walking down the aisle."

"Mwo? What do you mean?" 

Wookie rubbed his tummy lovingly. I froze for a moment to gather my thoughts. 

"You are...."

He nodded. 

"Yah!" I shouted with tears in my eyes. 

He smiled lovingly. 

I kissed him on the tummy and said "Thank you for coming into my life, Kim Ryeowook and... Our baby..."


Finally completed! I hope that you enjoyed the story. For those who have been waiting for this story to be completed, thank you and sorry for making you wait for More than 1 year. Thank you to all my subscribers and I hope that our Kyuwook shippers are still very much active out there. Saranghae!!!