Chapter 22

My Father's Lover

Ryeowook's POV

After leaving Kyuhyun behind, i walked along the streets alone, with tears in my eyes.

 My heart tells me to trust him but my brain is telling me that if i were to be a step later, Kyu and Nayoung were sure to have done a step further

 than just being . What's more? Kyu has been in a onesided love relationship with Nayoung for such a long time. 

Is it possible to forget those feelings so soon?


Kyuhyun POV

That pabo, how could he not trust me? After all that we have been through, how could simply run off after seeing that ridiculous scene?

 Does he not have any faith in me?

It's already been a week since that day and that pabo has not been answering my calls.

 I messaged him umpteen times and the status of the texts were 'read' but there's was still no reply!

That boy! Wait till i get my hands on him! I'm gonna wait for him outside his house this evening to see how long more can he ignore me. 

Work has been challenging for me ever since i returned. As usual, Heechul hyung has been making things difficult for me. My proposals

 are always rejected and the other colleagues now see me as a jinx. 

"Kyuhyun ssi, your dad wants to speak to you." My aboji's personal assistant gave me a ring on my office phone. 

"Ok, i'll be there." I said, still wondering what would be the issue. 

Meeting aboji has always been nerve wrecking. I took a deep breath before knocking on my father's office door. 

"Come in" he said. 

I opened the door and entered. "Aboji, did you ask for me?" i asked. 

"Seat." he gestured to the sofa in front of his desk. I sat there, still nervous. 

He joined me at the sofa after he put down his glasses. 

"Kyuhyun ah..."

"Yes?"

"Your hyung...."

I listened attentively but he did not continue. He suddenly held my hands and continued "You are the only one i can trust now. You must protect this company....

 You are the only one i can rely on now."

"What do you mean, aboji?"

"Promise me that you will do everything to protect this company and our family."

"Aboji why are you saying this?"

He squeezed my hand a little before letting go and walked away from me. "You may  leave then."

What? I scratched my head and left the room. What happened? I asked myself. Why did aboji become so friendly to me all of a sudden and why is he talking as if he will 

be leaving for somewhere soon?


Ryeowook's POV

It's been a week since i last saw Kyu. I have calmed down and thought that i should not have left just like that. I should have listened to his explanation. 

Pabo, don't you know how much Kyu loves you? How could you not trust him?

I sighed and looked up. Unknowingly, i am in front of Kyu's company. It is 8pm. Pabo, why would Kyu be in office at this time?

Well, you never know?

I took the elevator to his office to find that the office is pitch dark. Of course, that silly boy would not still be in office this late. 

I was about to take the elevator back down when i saw that one of the elevator was moving to ahjussi's office level. Is ahjussi still at work? 

I entered the elevator and followed suit to ahjussi's office. 

The office was lit up and i entered. 

"You imbecile brat! How could you do that?" i heard ahjussi's voice. 

"I have been fillial to you all this while but all you care about is Kyuhyun and that unrelated Kim Ryeowook.

 Have you even ever thought of you as your son?" Heechul? I thought. 

"I will not let you do it to the company!" 

Then there was sounds of fighting. 

"Ahjussi!" I shouted as i ran into the room. 

Ahjussi has already fallen to the floor with his head bleeding. Heechul was holding in his hand, a blood stained ash tray. 

"Ryeo...ryeowook ssi.... Why are you here?" ahjussi's attacker asked. 

"How could you? He is your father!"

Suddenly, i could sense the glint in his eyes changed. It became murderous, as if telling me that he have to kill me now. 

I realise the danger i am in now. He grabbed me by the upper arms and lifted me up. I used my head to give him a headbutt hard. 

Heechul released me while he held his head in pain. I took the opportunity to run away to the lift lobby.

 I pressed the button frantically but it was moving so slowly and i can hear heechul's scrambling out towards me. 

I quickly took the emergency exit. 

While running down, i wanted to shout for Kyu. I want him to save me now. 

"You can't run away from me!" Heechul shouted. 

I ran back into the rows of offices, not knowing which level i am at already. I hid under one of the desks, trembling. 

I could hear Heechul strolling in the office, whistling eerily. I tried to hold my breath but i was panting too hard. 

His footsteps slowly faded away to the other side of the office. Just as i told i was safe, someone spoke. 

"Well, well, who do we have here?" It's Nayoung!

I tried to shush her but she shouted to Heechul that I was here and helped him grab me. 

Heechul came over with an evil smirk on his face. "Why did you have to see that scene? We could have been married and lived happily together.

 Why are you forcing me to kill you?" He asked. 

"You horrible man!! I shouted. 

Heechul slapped me on the face hard and threw me on the floor. Nayoung stood aside cheerfully as if waiting for this day a long time already. 

Heechul pinned me down with his body and started to attack my neck with kisses. "Help!" I shouted. 

"Kyuhyun ah! Save me!"

 


I'm sorry it took so so so long. This story has always been in my heart, it leaves a hole as i know that i have not completed it.

So i'm back to finish up what i left behind. Not sure if my subscribers are still around but i'm sure to finish this story or else my life feels incomplete.