Ryeowook

News

 

As Ryeowook lay asleep in the hospital bed, Yesung sat and gently held their baby. his soft hair and holding his tiny hand. He watched the soft way that his eyelashes fluttered, and pressed a tender kiss to the baby boy's hair. He turned around when there was a knock on the door.
"Can we come in?" Kangin whispered, peeking into the room. Followed most of the members.
"Yes, come in. Wook's asleep for now, and so's the baby."
"Can I hold her Yesung?"
"We had a boy actually Hyuk, they read the ultrasound wrong."
 
Handing the baby over to Eunhyuk, the boy sat gently on the side of the bed and rocked the tiny child.
"Oh Kyu, please can we have a baby? Look at his little face." The more he looked at the baby, the more emotional he got, until tiny tears appeared in his eyes. Suddenly the baby began to cry as well, as though the tears were contagious.
Ryeowook opened his eyes blurrily, and looked in the cot for the baby, panicking when he saw it was empty.
"It's okay Wookie, he's safe." Holding the baby and rocking him gently, everyone watched as the tiny child stopped crying and went back to sleep in Yesung's arms.
 
Leeteuk went to Ryeowook in the bed, and helped him to rest back on the pillows. The boy was pale against the white sheets, and the leader panicked a little.
"How are you Wookie? Are you feeling okay?"
"I'm so tired hyung, but at least I'm not in pain anymore. It really hurt."
Yesung leaned down gently and handed the small baby to Wook.
"He did so well hyung."
"It took ages.. And I hurt your hand.. You made it look easy Min..."
The older boy laughed. "You did well Wookie, look how cute your baby is. And he's chubby too, look at those little cheeks. You're stronger than me to put up with the pain for so long." Giving the boy a warm hug, he gently his hair, and looked at his tired eyes.
"Why don't you go to sleep Wookie? We'll look after the baby."
The younger boy nodded gratefully, before letting his eyes close and feeling Sungmin lift the baby from his arms.
 
On the way home, Wook had a little more energy and was able to sit with the baby all the way back to the dorm. Covering him with blankets and holding tight to Yesung's hand, the boy had to lean into Leeteuk for support as they walked to the dorm.
Once inside the dorm, Leeteuk helped the boy into bed and cuddled him warmly before going to Yesung.
"Is Ryeowook okay? Sungmin wasn't this tired or pale.."
"He'll be okay hyung, he just needs lots of rest. He hasn't had much sleep, and he was in labour for so long. He lost a lot of blood, and the doctors were scared that we were going to lose the baby at one point. I'm just so happy that they're both okay."
Leeteuk reached out and hugged Yesung tightly. "You must have been scared.."
 
The boy nodded. "I was so scared hyung.. If we lost the baby, then I would have lost Ryeowook too. This baby means everything to him, I don't know how he would have coped if we had lost it."
Hearing a knock on the door, the boys turned around.
 
"Is the baby here hyung?" called Donghae, almost falling over Henry in his excitement to get through the door.
"Yes, but he's sleeping so please be quiet."
Hae crept into the living room, and saw Siwon holding the baby gently. The baby was crying, no matter how Siwon tried to comfort him. When Yesung took the baby, the cries stopped and Siwon looked depressed.
 
Watching the older boy hand the baby to Sungmin, Siwon took Yesung to another room to talk.
"You're not the father Yesung, I am. You've helped a lot but it's my baby. I think you should leave Wook alone, after all, he is my boyfriend and the father of my child. You're sneaking into our family."
Yesung snapped.
 
"You may be the biological father but you'll never be the appa. You haven't been there for Wook through any of this! Who held his hand when you left him, and made him feel less scared and alone? Who helped him through the mental and physical pain? Who sat with him for five hours, holding his hand and encouraging him? It wasn't you. You just want to be involved now because you have a cute baby. You're not here for Wook." Angry tears appeared in his eyes, and he glared at the boy. "If Ryeowook wants to take you back, then I'll understand and I'll wish you both a happy life. But I'm not going to let you push me away without a fight, because you're just a coward."
"A coward?!"
"Yes, you couldn't be a man and take responsibility. You couldn't be a man and look after the person you love. You couldn't be a man and help him through the pain. You're not a man at all."
 
Leeteuk came into the room, and gently led Siwon into Ryeowook's room. The boy was lying weakly in the bed, and he looked up as Siwon came in. 
"Siwon, I could hear your conversation with Yesung through the wall. I think it's great that you want to be involved with the baby, and that you want to be a part of his life. But I'm sorry, Yesung will always be the appa. He cared for me, he soothed me, he makes me feel happy. He was the one to first hold the baby, to stop him from crying. He could see that I was tired and pained, so he just kissed me and let me sleep. He looked after the baby so that I could get some rest. Yesung is my boyfriend Siwon, not you. You're the baby's father, but you abandoned him, you broke our family. Yesung fixed it again."
"He's mine, he's got nothing to do with Yesung!"
"Yesung is his appa. You can play with him, you can hold him, but Yesung's name is on the birth certificate. We signed it, he's our child."
 
Feeling hopeless, Siwon went back to the living room and took the tiny baby into his arms. He looked at the tiny hands, the little feet that kicked everywhere, he looked at the bright eyes. And he saw the future he would never have.