Dinner

News

 

At dinner, when the couple didn't come out of their room, Kangin decided to go and check on them. He gave a gentle knock on the door, and pushed it open when he recieved no reply.
The tearstained couple were lying together on the bed, having cried themselves to sleep. They were pushed tightly together, leaving no gaps, and Kangin placed more blankets over them. After making sure that they were warm, he left them to sleep.
 
Dinner was quiet, the members whispering gently to each other as they all thought about the pain of the two boys. Ryeowook and Sungmin were gently soothing the babies, making sure that they didn't cry.
 
Eventually, the couple woke up and came down to dinner. Although they didn't say anything, their red eyes and broken voices told everything. Leeteuk put his arm around the boys, trying to soothe them. Eunhyuk nuzzled into his chest, before having to pull away to eat. They both kept a straight face, eating steadily, until Minkyung started to cry. Then they both joined in.
 
Kyuhyun stood up. "Thank you for dinner" he said in a voice choked with tears, before he left the dorm with Eunhyuk.
"Sshh Minkyung" Wook whispered, gently soothing the baby. Feeding him from his bottle, he looked up at Yesung. "Where would they have gone?"
"They probably just need to be away from babies for a while" Kangin said, still eating.
 
In the car, Kyuhyun drove as fast as could, to anywhere that wasn't the dorm. He could see Hyuk crying next to him, and he began to pat his leg, trying to comfort him. 
"It'll be okay Hyuk, everything will be okay. I'll make it all okay."
They stopped in a carpark, far away from the dorm, and Kyuhyun answered his phone.
 
Leeteuk had decided to call the pair, and secretly put them on loudspeaker so that all the members could hear. He wanted to find out whether they were angry.
"Hello Kyu?"
"H-hello Teukie hyung.." Hearing the boy's tearful voice made him want to find the pair and hug them, made him want to sort all their problems out and put smiles back on their faces. But this wasn't a problem he could fix.
 
"Kyuhyun, where are you?"
"We're just in a carpark hyung, we just needed some time away from the babies.."
Seizing his opportunity, Leeteuk asked the question that he had phoned for, making sure that the couples were listening.
"Are either of you angry at the parents? Are you jealous?"
"I'm jealous, but not angry.. I just wish that we could have a baby.. That everything would be okay.."
"Eunhyuk, are you angry?"
There was a slight pause. "A little bit, I mean, there's babies everywhere and I can't have one."
 
Ryeowook mouthed to the leader, and Leeteuk spoke the words aloud into the phone.
"Why don't you play with the babies too?"
The younger boy sniffed, and there was a shuffling sound as Hyuk nuzzled closer to Kyu.  "They wouldn't want us playing with the babies, they're already playing Happy Families.." Hyuk whispered.
"Yeah.. It's like the 'two player games' at school.." Kyu agreed, with a broken voice.
Sungmin shook his head.
 
"I'm sure it's not like that Kyu, everyone can help to look after them. They need lots of care and attention, so you will have plenty of time to play."
There was just silence on the other end of the line, and the members waited hopefully. When there was no sound, Leeteuk tried again.
"Come back to the dorm, everything will be alright."
"Okay, we'll be back soon."
The members all breathed a sigh of relief when they heard the reluctant words.