Secrets

News

 

"What would you do if Ryeowook became pregnant, Siwon?"
The taller boy crossed his chest. "That wouldn't happen. We're not ready for a baby."
"That doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. A baby doesn't just appear as soon as you're ready, Wook could get pregnant at any time. Birth control is sometimes unreliable you know..."
Sungmin laughed as Siwon turned pale and looked at his boyfriend. Wook just looked sad, as though he was about to cry, and Kangin regretted talking about it. The smaller boy sat quietly on the sofa, with tears in his eyes.
Sensing that the younger boy didn't want to talk about it infront of Siwon, Sungmin got to his feet and asked Siwon to help him in the kitchen.
 
"What's wrong Wookie?" asked Kangin in a soft voice. He reached out a hand to squeeze Ryeowook's shoulder, and watched as the boy immediately hugged into him tearfully.
"I can't tell you... You'd be angry.."
"I wouldn't be angry Wook, I'd never be angry. You can tell me, take your time."
The younger boy whispered quietly into Kangin's ear, his breath tickling. Then he sobbed.
"Sorry Wookie, I didn't hear you. But please don't cry, I'm sure it's not bad."
"I'm pr-pregnant Kangin.. Please don't tell Siwon..."
"Is it Siwon's baby?"
The boy looked horrified. "Yes, did you think that I've been sleeping around?!"
Kangin hugged him close. "Sorry, that's twice that I've upset people like that. I accidentally hurt Min that way too.." He the boy's hair. "How long have you known?"
"I felt ill a week ago, and the doctor told me.. I can't tell Siwon. He'd kill me.."
 
Kangin's heart clenched as he thought about Ryeowook feeling all alone, stressed and tired because of his pregnancy. He couldn't begin to imagine how the younger boy was feeling. With no one to turn to, he must feel desperate. His hands balled into fists as he thought about how much Siwon had scared his boyfriend.
"Promise you won't tell him Kangin?"
"When are you going to tell him Wook?"
The boy looked at the floor. "I can't... I never want Siwon to find out..."
Just then, Siwon walked into the room. "Never want Siwon to find out what?"