Appa

News

 

Over the next few months, Yesung slowly started to settle into the appa role, until he finally took Ryeowook on a date.
The boy was shy and sweet as Yesung took him for dinner, to a quiet restaurant that they both loved. His hand on his stomach as they sat together, Yesung felt the baby's first kick.
 
Ryeowook couldn't help the tears from falling. 
"I'm so sorry Yesung" he whispered as he picked up a tissue with shaking hands.
"What is it? Did I press too hard?"
"No. You were lovely, perfect." He looked up at the boy. "It's just weird to have you experience it, instead of Siwon." More tears fell, and Yesung brushed them away with gentle fingers. "I'm sorry, I'm being so rude.. You took me for dinner, you've cared for me for months, and I'm still thinking about Siwon.."
Yesung hugged the shaking shoulders. "It's only natural to think of him, he's the appa. I promise to try my hardest to care for you Wook, to be a sort of half-appa."
 
Nuzzled into the older boy's chest, Wook spoke again. "You can be a full appa if you want. Siwon doesn't want anything to do with the baby.."
The smile on the Yesung's face spoke a thousand words, and Wook couldn't help but smile back. 
He watched as his new boyfriend pressed his hands to the bump, speaking softly to the baby. "Hello Baby. Do you want me to be your appa?"
A small kick gave them their answer.
 
Meanwhile, Sungmin's bump was much bigger, and he was struggling to do things. Kangin found him in the kitchen, trying to pick up a spoon from the floor. He reached down to help his boyfriend, but his hand was quickly slapped away.
"I'm not an invalid Kangin! I can do things for myself!"
Watching from a chair, Kangin made sure that his boyfriend didn't strain himself. But a few moments later, Sungmin was shouting at him again.
"Aren't you going to help me? Don't just sit there on a chair watching! Am I a public entertainer?"
Kangin was going to point out that, as a singer, Sungmin was a public entertainer, but he decided against it.
"But Minnie, you just said that you didn't need any help."
"That was then. I need help now and no one is helping me.. I just, I can't.."
As Kangin got up to help, Sungmin ran from the room in tears. "Oh just go away Kangin.."
 
Just as the boy was planning to go after him, he heard the door open and slam shut.
"You don't think about anyone but yourself, Yesung. You know that I can't drink alcohol but you still bought it!"
"It was for other people."
"It was teasing me!"
As the smaller boy went off to their room, Kangin reached out to sympathetically squeeze Yesung's shoulder. 
"It only gets worse" he said in a tired voice. "Until the baby's born, you have to be really careful with what you say."
"What's the worst thing to say?"
"'Calm down'. I got slapped twice for saying that."
 
Yesung smiled gratefully for the help, and the two tired appas shared a hug.
"How do you cope with the mood swings Kangin?"
"I just tell myself that it must be worse for him.. I can't wait until this is over."
Yesung nodded, it was hard for everyone.