Chapter 7

Howl

Chapter 7

 

Jaemi POV

           

            I didn’t remember falling asleep, but when I woke up it was already night.

            I walked down the stairs of Kai’s parents’ house and found myself in the den.  Minah and Kai were watching Pokémon while Jiwoo flipped through a very old book.

            “Hey, did you sleep well?” Kai said once he noticed me.

            I nodded and took a seat next to him on the floor.

            “Jongin, I found something,” said Jiwoo from her place on the couch.

            Kai stood up and took the book from his mother.  I watched as he read over whatever it was that his mother needed to show him.  His eyes slightly widened and he looked up from the book and to me.      

            “Jaemi, we need to talk about something,” he said.

            “Yeah, sure,” I stood up and followed Kai up the stairs.

            We stood in an awkward silence in the middle of the upstairs hallway.

            “What do you need to talk to me about Kai?”

            He leaned against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway and crossed his arms.  His eyebrows were knitted together in a serious frown, “When we were explaining to you about the wolves, did you feel tightness in your chest when you looked at me?”

            I was caught off guard, “Uh…I-I don’t know…” I was sure that I blushed.

            “Come on Jaemi, you gotta tell me if you did or not.”

            “Then, I think maybe I did…” I trailed off and suddenly the floor became very interesting.

            “Jaemi,” he was now standing very close to me, “I think that you’re my mate.”

            I gasped and looked him in the eye, “What do you mean?”

            “I mean, that we’re supposed to be together, forever,” his face slowly inched its closer to mine.

            “K-kai, w-what are you-” I was cut off when his lips gently grazed mine.

            I pulled away and slammed into the wall behind me, “Kai, what are you doing?!”

            “Jaemi, your hearts racing,” he stated.

            “W-what do you mean?”

            He gently lay his hand across my chest, “you feel that?” he said.

            My breath caught in my throat as we gazed into each others eyes, “Kai, I-”

            Our lips met again, this time I kissed back.

            When he pulled away I asked, “What does it mean to be mates?”

            “It means that we’re destined to be together forever.”

            “Was ChoHee not your mate?”

            “She was…she still is.  But turns out, some wolves can have two if their first passes away.”

            “So I’m your new mate?  Does that mean that you love me?”

            He nodded, “Yes, I think so…”

            “Do I love you?”

            “You’re supposed to,” he grinned.

            “I’ve never been in love before…I don’t know what it’s supposed to feel like.”

            “It feels like this,” his lips collided with mine once again and my heart rate immediately sped up.  I could feel the butterflies fluttering around inside my stomach when his hands held my waist.

            I linked my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss, and I moaned.

            He pulled away.

“Wow,” I said.  Of course I’ve kissed before, but I’ve never felt that before.  It was amazing.  My heart was still racing.  So that’s what being in love feels like.

 

 

Kai POV

           

            After a few days, Jaemi, Minah and I arrived back home.  Minah ran through the front door and into Sehun’s arms.

            “I missed you princess!” he said spinning her around.

            “I missed you too Sehun!”

             I wrapped my arm around Jeami’s waist and together we walked into the mansion.

            Sehun stopped mid spin and stared.

            “What the hell?” said Chanyeol.

            “So I was right,” added Kris.

            I nodded, “you were.”

            “What’s going on?” asked Baekhyun.

            “Jaemi is daddy’s new mate!” said Minah excitedly!

            I had already talked to Minah about Jaemi and me.  She was more than happy, she was ecstatic.  She saw it as her getting a mommy.  But I made it very clear with her that she already had a mother, she was just going to get another one.

            Each pack members jaw dropped, except Kris’.

            “What do you mean?” looking to Kris, Chen said, “I thought having two mates was impossible.”

            Kris shrugged, “there have always been stories of having more than one mate.  But it can only occur if the first mate passes away.”

            Sehun slowly set Minah down, “So basically she’s just ChoHee’s replacement?” he said angrily.

            I stared at him, shocked, “how could you say that?”

            “Sehun,” said Kris sternly, “Go to your room.”

            “What?  You can’t treat me like a child anymore Kris!  I’m nineteen, not twelve.”

            “Sehun,” he growled, “now.”

            Sehun left the room and went up to his room just as Kris told him to.

            “I’m sorry,” Kris apologized; mostly to Jaemi, “He was just really close with ChoHee, he’s probably just caught off guard.  I’ll go talk to him.”

             Kris left the room to talk to Sehun and Minah climbed onto Chanyeol’s lap.

            “Your both 100% sure that your mates?” asked Luhan quietly.

            “Yeah we’re sure,” I smiled at my new mate.

            “So it’s possible for me to find love again?”

            After all the excitement that had occurred over the past few days, I had totally forgotten that Luhan’s mate was killed in front of him all those years ago.

            “It’s definitely possible,” I answered.

            He smiled.

            Jaemi and I sat down together on the love seat and Minah got up from Chanyeol’s lap and wiggled her way in between us.

            We both laughed at the toddler. 

            After four years of having this emptiness inside me and I finally felt whole again.  And it was all because of a careless human girl that wandered into the woods and got lost.