Chapter 11

Howl

 

Chapter 11

 

Kai POV

 

            The mates stayed with us for a little over a week.  It was the night before they left and all of us decided to go out to dinner.

            “How is one restaurant going to fit 21 people?” asked Jaemi as I zipped up her dress.

            “It’s owned by an alpha from another pack,” I told her, “so it’s designed to hold a lot of people.”

            “That’s pretty convenient.”

            “It is.”

            While Jaemi finished doing her hair and make-up I went to find Minah.

            I came down the stairs to find her asleep on the floor in the middle of the living room.

            I smiled, “Minah, you gotta wake up.” I knelt down next to her and gently shook her shoulder.

            She groaned, and mumbled something about pancakes.

            “Minah,” I tried again, “come on peanut, wake up.”

            “But I’m tired,” she yawned and opened her eyes.

            “I know, and you can sleep in the car after dinner, okay?”

            “Okay,” she sat up and rubbed her eyes.  She reached her arms out signaling that she wanted me to carry her.

            I lifted her up and carried her up the stairs to her bedroom.

            “Are we going to Leeteuk’s resterant?” she asked.

            “Yes, we are,” I pulled off her day cloths and replaced them with a blue dress, “So we need to dress nicely.”

            “Jaemi’s never been there before!  She’s going to love it!”

            I smiled, “Yes she will.”

           

            All 21 of us were ready to go and we all piled into four different cars and drove to the restaurant.

            Once we arrived, Kris and Seulki went to check in and we were seated in the conference room right away.

            After we were seated, the owner Leeteuk came in to say hello, “Hey guys, It’s been awhile.”

            “Hey Leeteuk!” we all said together.

            “Leeteuk!” announced Minah, “Why how come you don’t ever bring Lexi over to play anymore!?  I miss her!”

            “Sorry Minah, Lexi started school this year so she’s really busy.”

            Lexi was Leeteuk’s daughter who’s a year older than Minah.

            “She can’t even play on the weekends!?” asked Minah.

            “Of course she can play on the weekend.  When I get home tonight I’ll talk to her about when she wants to play and then I’ll have her call you to tell you when she can.”

            “Yay!  Thank you Leeteuk!”

            He smiled then looked to Jaemi, “I don’t think we’ve met, I’m Park Jeong-su, but you can call me Leeteuk.”

            “Hi, I’m Jaemi.”

            “So your Kai’s mate then, it’s lovely to meet you!”

            She smiled.

            Leeteuk took all of our orders and went back to the kitchen.

           

Jaemi POV

 

            Over dinner I heard the stories of how each couple had met, and Minah talked about her friends at school.  Also, Chanyeol proposed to EunMi.  She said yes of course!

            “You have to move in with us now,” said Chanyeol to his now fiancée.

            “Of course I will!” she said wiping the happy tears from her eyes.

            “We’re going to have to put an addition on the house,” said Kris, “with EunMi and Mihi both moving in and the baby that’s coming in March.”

            “You’re forgetting about all the empty rooms on the third floor,” said Chanyeol with his mouth full, “We’ll just put all the kids up there.”

            “No!” said Minah, “the third floor is scary!”

            “You already have a room,” said Kai, “you don’t need to move up there.”

            “Good!”

           

            By the time we were all finished eating, Minah had fallen asleep in Jongin’s lap.

            We were about to leave the restaurant when I heard, “Jaemi?” coming from behind us.

            I turned to see who it was that called my name. 

            My eyes widened, “dad?”

            The rest of Exo, along with their mates turned and gasped.

            “Jaemi,” my father came up to me, “it is you!  Thank god.  I thought I had lost you forever,” he pulled me into a hug.

            I didn’t know how to respond, I hadn’t seen my dad in such a long time.

            He pulled away but kept his hands firmly on my arms, “Where were you?  Did you get away from your captor?  Are you hurt at all?”

            I didn’t say anything, and looked to my mate for help.

            My father followed my glance and his eyes narrowed.

            Kris immediately realized what was happening and he and Seulki moved to our sides to protect their pack.        

            “Who are you?” my father challenged, “Why do you have my daughter?”

             “Sir,” said Kris, “We found Jaemi in the woods alone a few weeks ago and let her stay with us while we waited for the right time to bring her back.”

            “Bull!” shouted my dad, “you were probably the one to take her from me!”

            “Dad stop!” I yelled, “He’s telling the truth!”

            “Come on Jaemi,” said Kai taking my hand and pulling me back towards the pack.  He looked to my father, “let’s finished this conversation outside, we’re starting to cause a scene.”

            I looked around the see the eyes of the people enjoying their meals all on us.

            “No!  I’m not leaving the building without my daughter!”  He looked at me and pulled me back towards him, “Honey, what they did to you, you can tell me.  I’ll get you help.”

            “What are you talking about dad?  They didn’t do anything to me!”

            “It’s okay Jaemi, you have Stockholm syndrome, and everything will be okay.”

            “Dad, no I don’t have Stockholm syndrome, the reason I was gone for so long is because I met somebody and right away I moved in with him!  I didn’t tell you because I knew you’d be against it!”

            “He’s not your boyfriend, that’s just something he made you believe while he held you captive.”

            My father started to pull me away but Kai intercepted and pulled me into him, “She’s telling the truth,” his eyes narrowed.

            Minah was awake now and clinging to her father, “daddy, what’s going on?” she asked.

            Kai kept his eyes on my father.

            “It’s okay Minah,” I told her, “we’re just having a little problem with my dad.”

            “I assume that he’s your boyfriend?” he asked looking to me.

            “Yes dad, this is Jongin and his daughter Minah.”

            “Daughter?” his eyebrow rose, “how old are you?”

            “Nineteen,” answered Kai as he handed Minah off to Sehun.

            “And you already have a child?”

            “Yes sir.”

            “Jaemi, how do you know that she’s actually his kid…how do you know she just wasn’t taken the same way you were?”

            “Seriously dad, for the last time, I wasn’t kidnapped!  I love Jongin.”

            My father was taken aback.

            “Let’s go,” I said taking Kai’s hand and walking out of the restaurant with the others.

            I was helping Jongin put Minah into her car seat when my father exited the restaurant.

            “Can we talk alone?” he asked me.

            “Of course,” I said stepping over the curb of the sidewalk.

            “Are you really serious about him?” he asked.

            “Yes dad, I love him.”

            “And you’re okay with being involved with somebody who has a child with another woman?”

            I nodded, “I love Minah too.”

            “What about her mother?  Have you met her?”

            “No, she died when Minah was a baby.”

            “Are you serious?”

            “Yes.”

            “That’s terrible.”

            I nodded.

            “How old was he when his daughter was born?”

            “Fifteen,” I lied.

            “He’s not pressuring you to do anything you don’t want to, right?”

            “Of course not dad and I can take care of myself.”

            “I know, I know.  I just worry about you here all alone, going to school in a different city.”

            “I’m actually not going to school right now…”

            “Jaemi!” he scolded.

            “I’m just taking some time off…I’ll go back soon, I promise.”

            “Where are you living now?”

            “In the woods,” I answered, “with all of them.”

            “All of them!?  That has got to be at least 20 people!”

            I laughed awkwardly, “Yeah, it’s a really big house.”

            “What do they do that allows them to afford such a big house?”

            “All different things, Jongin owns a dance studio, Kris is a teacher, Lay is a doctor, Tao is a martial artist…I’m not really sure what the rest of them do.”

            “Your boyfriend isn’t going to school?”

            “He already graduated.”

            “What is your address?  I will come and visit you soon, okay.”

            I scribbled the mansion’s address on a piece of paper and handed it to my father, “bye dad, I’ll call you soon, okay?”

            He hugged me, “okay Jaemi, I love you.”

            “I love you too.”

            I watched my father leave and drive off in his station wagon.

            “Are you okay?” asked Jongin coming up behind me and taking my hand.

            “Yeah, I’m okay…he insisted on coming to visit.”

            “I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to visit his only child.”

            “I just don’t know how we’re going to hide the wolves from him.”

            Jongin’s smile faded, “We’ll figure something out.”

 

A/N:  Sorry I haven't updated in a while...school .  Don't forget to comment! :)