Chapter 2

Howl

Chapter 2

 

Kai POV

 

            We all stared at the unconscious girl lying on the couch, wondering what we were going to do with her.

            Kris kneeled to the floor to get a closer look at the girl, “Sehun, where did you and Baekhyun find her?”

            “She was just lying in the middle of the woods,” he answered, “I didn’t want to just leave her there by herself, so I picked her up and brought her here.”

            “Kris, it isn’t safe to have a human here,” said Luhan.

            “She could find out about us,” added Chen.

            Kris contemplated for a moment in his head.

            “It may not be safe, but we couldn’t just leave her there,” said Baekhyun, “she might’ve been hurt, or lost.  She probably just needed help.”

            “He’s right Kris,” said Suho, “we need to make sure she’s okay and check for injuries.”

            Kris nodded, “Lay, check her out, make sure she isn’t dying,” he stood and went into the kitchen, motioning for the rest of us to follow.

            All but Lay followed our Alpha into the other room and we all took a seat at the table.

            I still held Minah, and sat her in my lap.  There was no way I was letting her out of my arms with a stranger in the house.  She knew that and clung to me.

            “If she has little to no injuries,” announced Kris, “she’ll stay here until we can figure out a way to take her home without SHINee finding out that there is a human amongst our kind.  If she has serious injuries, we’re going to have to risk it, and take her to the hospital in town.  And no matter what, do not let her find out about us.  The human’s aren’t ready to face the supernatural.”

            We all nodded in understanding.

            “Guys,” said Lay entering the dining room, “she’s okay, she just passed out from exhaustion, but she’s waking up.”

            We all stood and followed Lay back into the living room.  We stared down at the awakening girl.

            Her piercing blue eyes stared up at all thirteen of us.  She screamed.

            A look of panic crossed all of our eyes.  Then Suho went to her and held her down.

            “Shhh, its okay,” he said, “We found you unconscious in the woods, your safe here.”

            She stopped screaming and continued to stare up at us.  Confusion crossed her eyes.

            “Let me explain,” said Baekhyun.  He made a gesture toward Sehun, “Sehun and I were taking a walk through the woods when we found you lying there.  You looked as if you could be injured and we couldn’t just leave you there, so we carried you back.  You’re not injured, but you’re going to have to stay here for a while until we know that it’s safe for us to take you back into town.”

            She sat up slowly and nodded as she started to understand what had happened.

            “Do you remember anything?” asked Lay.

            She spoke, “you see, I’m a freshman at the college here, so I’m new in town and my room mate kept telling me rumors about how packs of wolves live in the woods here, and that the wolves have killed people before. I didn’t believe her so I decided to check it out for myself…then I got lost and I couldn’t find my way back into town.”

            “We’ll help you get back soon,” said Suho, “but it might be a while before that can happen so you’ll stay here until we can take you home.  What is your name?”

            “It’s Jaemi,” she said, “I don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t really feel safe staying in a house full of men…”

            “This house isn’t full of men!” said Minah, “I’m a girl you know!”

            Jaemin stared at my daughter.

            “Daddy,” whispered Minah, “her eyes are like mommies.”

            I sent my gaze towards the human.  Minah was right; Jaemi’s eyes were just like ChoHee’s.  Her eyes were the same hypnotizing blue that I had fallen in love with years ago.  But there was something about Jeami’s eyes that I didn’t trust.

            I glared at the human girl and she averted her eyes from my daughter.

            “Daddy, put me down please,” requested Minah.

            I obliged but grabbed her hand before she could run off.

            I continued to stare at the girl while Suho continued to ask her questions about herself.

            “Minah,” said Kris, “take Jaemi upstairs to your room please, the rest of us need to talk about something.”

            I widened my eyes at the alpha, “Kris, no!  I’m not leaving my daughter alone with a stranger!”

            “Kai, relax.  We’ll be a staircase away from her.  If anything happens, which it won’t, we’ll be able to reach her without a problem.”

            I couldn’t fight with the alpha.  I let go of Minah’s hands and gave her my permission to take the stranger upstairs.

            When the girls were out of ear shot I said, “I don’t trust her.”

            “Kai, you can’t say that about every person you meet,” said Kyungsoo.

            “I can if it involves the safety of my daughter.”

            “Minah will be okay alone with her for a few minutes,” assured Kris, “We need to discuss how we will handle SHINee if they find out about us harboring a human.”

 

 

Jaemi POV

 

            The little girl led me up the stairs to her room and she took a seat on her bed.

            “My name’s Minah,” she said, “what’s yours?”

            “Jaemi,” I answered, “you have a very pretty room Minah.”

            “Thanks, my daddy and his friends helped me set it up.”

            “Was your dad was the one holding you downstairs?”

            She nodded, “yup!”

            “He looks so young.”

            She giggled, “How old are you?”

            “Nineteen,” I answered.

            “That’s how old my daddy is!” she smiled then said quietly, “kind of…”

            I looked at her questioningly, but she ignored me.

            “I haven’t seen any other girls around, are you the only one that lives here?”

            “Yeah,” she played with the hem of her dress.

            “What about your mommy?”

            “My mommy died,” she said quietly.

            “I’m so sorry.”

            “I didn’t know her; she died when I was a baby.”

            “How?”

            “There was an accident…my daddy doesn’t like to talk about it, so I don’t really know what happened.”

            I felt bad for the little girl that sat in front of me.  Not knowing what happened to her mother must be hard, especially if her father refuses to tell her about it.

            The boy that was her father…Minah said that he was 19, “Minah, how old are you?” I asked.

            She held up four fingers, “I’m this many!”

            That would mean that her father was fifteen when she was born.  That’s crazy, we’re the same age, I’m a and he has a kid…

I tried to listen to what the boys down stairs were talking about, but I couldn’t focus with the toddler in front of me telling me all about her dolls.

I couldn’t get the look of Minah’s father’s eyes out of my head…they seemed to say a thousand words.  I knew he didn’t trust me, but it wasn’t like I was going to kidnap his daughter or anything.  His eyes were sad, probably from losing Minah’s mother.  I could tell that he loved his daughter very much though.

Aside from him not trusting me, he really was good looking.  I had never seen a boy look that good.  Now that I think about it, all of them were hot.  It didn’t seem normal to have 12 extremely good looking men all living together…most of them are probably gay.

Kai, I think that’s what they called him.