Chapter 16

Howl

Chapter 16

 

Kai POV

 

            The sun was beginning to set by the time we arrived home from the meeting.  I had a whole night planned for Minah, Jaemi and I once I got home.  I would make them dinner and then we’d watch movies until we fell asleep.

            But the moment we got out of our cars, we knew something was wrong.

            “Do you feel that?” asked Sehun.

            I nodded, something was seriously wrong.

            “SHINee was here…” said Chen, “I can smell them.”

            We all nodded in agreement.  Their sent was almost over powering.

            We walked up the front steps and noticed that the door frame was split.  Someone had broken in.

            I flung open the door and called, “Minah, Jaemi!?”

            No answer.

            Everybody fanned out to look for them.

            “Minah!” I called again, “Jaemi!”

            I heard Tao call out for them as well, then Kris, and Chen, and Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun.

            “They’re not in their rooms!” called Seulki from upstairs.

            “Or in the kitchen,” said EunMi.

            “Jongin,” I heard Sehun in the other room.

            I came into the living room to see him staring at the floor, “There’s blood here.”

            “No…”

            I ran down the hallway to the back door, followed by my pack and their mates.

            Storming into the yard, I stared into the woods.  I couldn’t move. I was too scared of what I might find.

            There was now tears falling from my eyes, I knew what was happening.  He took them…he took them from me and he was going to kill them.

            Suho and Chanyeol were the first to get off the porch and step onto the snow.

            There were obvious puddles of blood that scattered across the yard.

            Chanyeol got down on his knees, “this is Minah’s…” he said quietly.

            “And this is Jaemi’s…” added Suho.

            “No!” I jumped off the porch and ran into the woods.  It was real now.

            “Kai no!” my pack yelled after me.

            I shifted and ran as fast as I could through the trees.

            Kris and Seulki quickly caught up to me in their wolf forms and cut me of.

            “Move!” I barked at Kris.

            “No Kai, you know this is a bad idea, you can’t go in alone, you’ll just get yourself and your family killed.”

            “Then come with me!” I barked again.

            I ran past them as fast as I could go.

            “Kai,” yelled Seulki, “this is something that needs a plan.  If we storm into SHINee’s home without one, we’ll surely be killed.”

            Kris soon caught up to me again and slammed me against a tree.  I yelped in pain.

            “Shift back Kai.” Kris growled.

            I growled and lunged at the alpha.

            We rolled around in the snow, snapping our jaws and each other and slamming each other into the boulders and trees around us.

            “Shift back,” he barked at me, “If you don’t, I will you kick you out of this pack!”

            I had no choice but to obey my alpha this time.

            They too shifted back.

            “How dare you force me to choose between my pack and my family!” I yelled at him, “Minah and Jaemi could be dying right now and you’re making me wait for you to come up with a plan!”

            “SHINee isn’t going to kill them.  Taemin wants you to suffer just like he did and he’ll wait until you come to retrieve them to even lay a finger on them,” said Seulki.

            “We’ll get them back,” said Kris, “Seulki, go back to the house and get the others to call Super Junior and Girls Generation.  We’re going to end this feud once and for all.”