Chapter 10

Howl

Chapter 10

 

Jaemi POV

 

            The next day, Kai and I were both pretty bummed that we couldn’t have , but with what was at stake, it was worth the wait.

            Minah was sitting on Jongin’s lap while she watched ‘Fairly Oddparents’ on TV before it was time to take her to school.

            Baekhyun was sprawled out on the love seat across the room trying to wake up.

            The home phone located in the kitchen rang and was quickly picked up by whoever was making breakfast.

            Chanyeol came into the living room and said excitedly, “That was EunMi!  The mate’s are coming!”

            “All of them!?” asked Baekhyun flying off the couch.

            “Yes!” answered Chanyeol, “I gotta go tell everybody else!” He ran out of the room.

            “Who’s EunMi?” I asked Kai.

            “She’s Chanyeol’s mate.”

            “I didn’t know the others had mates.”

            “Yup,” said Baekhyun, “we all do except Lay, Tao and Sehun.”

            “Well…Luhan does too,” added Jongin, “but she was killed.”

            “So seven girls are coming, where are they all going to stay?” I asked.

            “In their rooms?” said Baekhyun, “they all sleep with us.”

            “Oh, that would make sense.”

            “Daddy,” said Minah, “I think I should stay home since everybody is coming today.”

            “No Minah, your still going to school,” said Jongin, “you can play with everybody when you get home.”

            “Fine…”

            Sehun came down the stairs already dressed and ready for the day, “did I hear Chanyeol say that the mate’s are coming?”

            “Yes you did!” said Baekhyun, “I gotta go get dressed.  Ava could be here any minute!”

            Baekhyun left the room.

            “Jongin, I can take Minah to school if you want, I have to get some stuff in town anyways.”

            “Yeah, that’d be great.  You can take my car so you don’t have to take the car seat out and put it in yours.”

            “Okay.  Come on Minah; let’s get your shoes on so we can go.”

            Minah got off of Jongin’s lap and went with Sehun to the closet where their shoes and coats were stored. 

            Once Minah was ready to go she gave her dad and hug and kiss and went with Sehun to preschool.

            The first of the mate’s to arrive at the house was a girl named Seulki.  She had long straight blond hair and blue eyes.  She was a little taller than me, but not taller than Jongin.  She wore dark blue skinny jeans that hugged her size 2 body nicely, and a hot pink blouse.

            “Hey Kai,” she said entering the house, “I hear you’ve got yourself a new lady.  Is this her?”

            “Yes Seulki, this is Jaemi.  Jaemi, this is Seulki.”

            “It’s nice to meet you,” said Seulki.

            “Yeah, you too,” I smiled.

            “Now,” she said, “Where is my husband?  I’ve missed him dearly.”

            “I’m right here,” said Kris coming into view, “I’ve missed you Seulki.”

            She jumped into Kris’s arms and gave him a passionate kiss, “You have no idea how much I’ve missed that.”

            “I think I’ve got a pretty good idea.”

            The two of them quickly left the entryway and went up the stairs to I assume Kris’s room.

            The next to arrive were two identical twin girls; Ava and Laney.  Laney had shoulder length curly brown hair while Ava had waist long straight brown hair.  Besides their hair, everything else between the two was exactly the same.  Both had huge brown eyes, they were the same height, and wore almost the same outfit.

            I was introduced to them and watched as Ava went up the stairs with Baekhyun and Laney left with Chen.

            “Identical twins?” I said to Jongin.

            “Yeah, we all think it’s weird that both of them ended up being mates with two people from the same pack.”

             It was after lunch when the rest of the girls arrived at the mansion.

            Kris and Seulki, Baekhyun and Ava, and Chen and Laney were all done with their ‘I’ve missed you so much’ and were now with Jongin and I, Sehun, Tao and Lay in the living room.

            I learned that Seulki was the alpha of another pack and that’s why she couldn’t join EXO to be with Kris all of the time.  It seemed to work out though.

            Laney and Ava were also part of a different pack that they couldn’t leave from.  They too, seemed to be okay with how everything was.

              The doorbell rang and Sehun got up to answer it.

            “Hey Hana,” he said opening the door for the girl.

            “Hello little brother, I’ve missed you!”

            “Brother?” I asked Jongin in a whisper.

            “Yeah, Sehun’s older sister is Suho’s mate.”

            “Seriously?  That’s gotta be weird for him.”

            He shrugged, “he’s gotten used to it.”

            Hana came into the living room and said her hello’s and introduced herself to me.  She didn’t look too much like Sehun, but you could tell that they were related.  She had black hair that was a little past her chin and green eyes. 

            Suho came into the living room from the long hallway and gave his love a kiss on the cheek, “hello beautiful, I’ve missed you.”

            “And I’ve missed you!”

            I heard Sehun gag from where he was seated next to me.

            Jongin laughed and said, “But it still grosses him out sometimes.”

            Suho and Hana left for the second level of the house hand in hand.

            I curled up in a ball and leaned on Kai.  He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

            “It’s still weird to think that they’re married,” said Seulki, “I still think of Hana as only little Sehunnie’s big sister.”

            “Shut up Seulki,” said Sehun, “I don’t want to think about it…”

            Chanyeol laughed, “I bet it kills you to know that their having-”

            “Chanyeol!” scolded Kai, “don’t start something.”

            There was a knock at the front door, “I got it!” Chanyeol jumped up from the couch and ran to the door.

            “Aw!  Not you!” groaned Chanyeol.

            “Good to see you too,” the girl said sarcastically.

            “Sorry Mihi…I was just hoping you were EunMi.”

            Mihi entered the living room with Chanyeol and said her hellos.

            She was beautiful and probably the oldest of the girls that were currently in the house.  Her long wavy red hair reached her waist, and her brown eyes sparkled in the light.  She was also clearly pregnant.

            “You must be Jaemi,” she said, “I’m so glad I’ve finally gotten to meet you.  My name is Mihi, I’m Xiumin’s wife.”

            “It’s nice to meet you too,” I replied.

            “I thought I heard your voice,” said Xiumin coming down the stairs, “how’s the baby?”

            “Your wife is fine, thanks for asking,” she rolled her eyes, “baby’s good too though.”

            The couple sat down on the love seat and shared a loving kiss.

            “Do you know if it’s a girl or boy yet?” asked Seulki, “I’ve been dying to know what I need to shop for!”

            “Seulki, we’ve already told you,” laughed Mihi, “we want it to be a surprise.”

            “That’s no fun!” added Ava and Laney together.

            “It’s too hard to shop then,” proclaimed Laney.

            “I don’t mean to be rude,” I said, “but if you’re pregnant, how come you don’t live here?”

            “It’s because I go to school in a different city, and it would be too hard to get to school everyday if I was living here.  But I graduate next month and then I’m moving in here so we can raise the baby.”

            “When’s the due date again?” asked Kris.

            “March 22,” she answered.

            “I can’t wait!” said the twins excitedly.

            “Me either,” smiled Seulki.  She turned to look at her husband, “Kris lets have a baby!”

            He laughed, “Maybe someday.”

            It was starting to get late when Jongin said, “I need to go get Minah from school now.”

            “Oh Kai, can I go get her?” asked Seulki, “I miss her so much!”

            “Yeah sure, take my car,” he threw his keys in her direction, “I’ll call the school to let them know you’ll be the one getting her.”

            “Thank you Kai!”  She jumped up off the couch and went to put her shoes on.

            “I’ll come with you,” said Kris, taking the keys out of his wife’s pocket.

            The two of them left and Jongin went to the room to call the school.

            The doorbell rang again, “I got it!” said Chanyeol again.

            “No, sit down,” said Kyungsoo, “It’s Tessa.”

            “How do you know?!” asked the happy virus.

            “Because, EunMi is always the last one here,” answered Kyungsoo.

            “No she isn’t!”

            “Yes she is,” said Jongin coming back into the living room.

            Kyungsoo opened the front door to reveal another beautiful girl.  She had dark blue eyes and black hair that was dip-dyed dark purple.

            Kyungsoo kissed her gently on the lips and pulled her into a hug.

            “I missed you, Kyungsoo,” she whispered.

            He pulled away from her and turned to face me, “Jaemi, this is Tessa, Tessa this is Jaemi.”

            Either of us hardly ushered in a word before she was dragged up the stairs to Kyungsoo’s bedroom.

            An hour passed, and in that time, Seulki and Kris returned home with Minah and she was currently telling everybody about her day at school.

            “Ugh!  Where is she!?  I miss her soooo much!” exclaimed Chanyeol.

            “Dude, calm down,” said Tao, “everybody knows she’s always late.”

            “Just like you,” added Jongin.

            “Well she’s basically the female version of you,” laughed Kris.

            I watched as Seulki braided Minah’s hair for her and told her all about everything that had happened since the last time they saw each other.

            “Daddy look,” said Minah stand up from the floor, “isn’t my hair pretty!”

            “Yes it is Minah,” he said picking her up and setting her on his lap.

            Chanyeol was really starting to get impatient.  He paced around the room and every once in a while look out the window to see if his mate’s car had pulled up yet.

            Faintly, I could hear the sound of a car as it drove up the gravel driveway.

            Chanyeol ran to the door and jumped up and down while he waited for his mate to get to the porch.

            He opened the door for her and quickly enveloped her in a hug and spun her around.

            She laughed, “Chanyeol, put me down!”

            He obliged and kissed her deeply, “I’ve missed you sooo much baby!”

            “Not as much as I’ve missed you!”

            They kissed again and the second they pulled apart, they ran up the stairs.

            “Wow…not even a hello…” said Chen.

            “She did even get a chance to meet Jaemi!” said Minah.

            “That’s okay peanut,” said Kai, “as soon as Chanyeol’s done helping EunMi ‘unpack’ they’ll be down to meet her.”

            “And then we can all play Pokémon together!”

            “Whatever you want Minah,” he smiled and kissed his daughter on the cheek.

 

            After Jongin had tucked in Minah, he climbed into his bed next to me and pulled me close.

            “So, what did you think of everyone?” he asked kissing my ear.

            “They’re all so nice…and so pretty.”

            “You’re the prettiest of them all,” he kissed me again.

            I rolled over to face him, “don’t be so cheesy Jongin.”

            “I’m not being cheesy, I mean it.  You’re prettier than all of them combined.”

            I smiled, “I love you so much.”

            “I love you more.”

            I laughed, and kissed him gently on the lips.

            “I need to call my dad…” I said quietly, “He has to be going insane not knowing where I am.”

            “We’ll get a hold of him soon.  But for now, let’s sleep.”

            I kissed him one last time and snuggled in close to my mate.