Chapter 9

Howl

Chapter 9

 

Sehun POV

 

            I was sitting in the living room and playing on my phone with the rest of the pack when Kai and Jaemi stumbled in through the front door giggling and acting all in love.

            I’d be lying if I said I was 100% okay with their relationship, I still felt like Kai was betraying ChoHee…but I knew that she’d want him to move on, so I had to deal with it.

            Minah also needed a mother figure, and Jaemi was the best person for that.

            Chanyeol laughed when we heard Jaemi moan from up the stairs, “sounds like Kai’s getting lucky.”

            “Gross,” I said quietly.

            “You’re only disgusted because you’ve never done it!” said Luhan.

            “Even if I wanted to do it, I wouldn’t be able to…I don’t have a mate, remember?”

            “You’ll find her soon,” said Suho in a motherly tone.

            “Or him,” joked Chanyeol.

            I glared at him, “I’m not gay.”

            “You don’t actually know that until you find your mate,” said Kyungsoo.

            “Shut up…”

            Just then, my phone buzzed, signaling that I was getting a call.

            It was Kai’s mom, what the hell?

            “Hello?” I answered.

            “Sehun, thank goodness you answered!”

            “What’s going on?” I sat up.

            “Please tell me Jongin and Jaemi haven’t had yet.”

            “Um…I don’t know?  Why?”

            “I tried calling Jongin, but he isn’t answering.  I need you to tell him right now that if he makes love to her, he’ll no longer be a wolf.”

            “What do you mean he won’t be a wolf anymore!?” I shot up from the couch and the rest of the pack turned to look at me.

            “I just read that if a wolf mates with a human, they won’t be able to shift and they will no longer be a wolf…they’ll be 100% human.”

            My eyes widened, “I’ll tell him.”

            I hung up my phone and threw it down on the couch and ran up the stairs to Kai’s room.

            I banged on his bedroom door, “Jongin!  You can’t have with her!”

           

 

Kai POV

 

            I pushed Jaemi onto the bed and climbed on top of her.  I kissed her lovingly and pushed my tongue into and we fought for dominance.

            I slid my hand under her shirt and played with the hem of her bra.

            “Jongiiiin,” she moaned into my mouth.

            I trailed kisses down her jaw to where her neck and shoulders met.  I lightly nipped and at the sensitive spot.

            Jaemi threw her head back and moaned again, her breathing was starting to get very uneven.

            I unbuckled her belt and slowly pulled her jeans off of her waist.  I trailed kisses back up to and nipped at her lips.

            She grabbed onto the bottom of my shirt, pulled it off and threw it across the room.

            “Well, somebody’s getting impatient,” I said between breaths.

            I put my legs on either side of her waist and pulled off her blouse.  I trailed kisses down her chest to the hem of her .

            My phone buzzed, I pulled it out of my pocket, turned it off and threw it across the room, hoping to god it didn’t break.

            I continued to kiss and on Jaemi’s neck, leaving tiny marks.

            Jaemi slid her thumbs into the belt loops of my jeans and started to pull.

            There was a loud knock at the door, “Ignore it,” I whispered.

            There was another bang on the door, “Jongin!”

            “Go away Sehun!” I called.

            He banged louder and faster, “Jongin, you can’t have with her!”

            I got up off the bed and went to open the door.  Jaemi wrapped the comforter around her almost body.

            “What?” I hissed at my best friend when I opened the door.

            “Your mom called, she found something.”

            “What did she find?” I opened the door wider to let him in.

            “She said that because your mate is a human, that once you make love to her, you won’t be a wolf anymore.  You’ll be 100% human.”

            I retrieved my phone from the place I had thrown it earlier and dialed my mother.

            “Jongin, please tell me you didn’t have with her yet,” my mother said on the other line.

            “No, we didn’t…but your timing couldn’t have been worse…”

            “If I hadn’t called Sehun when I did, you would be human right now and Minah would out live you.”

            My eyes widened, “what do you mean?”

            “I was looking through that old book and I discovered that if a wolf and human become mates and engage in ual activity, the wolf will lose his ability to shift, thus becoming human.”

            “So Jaemi and I can’t…”

            “No, you can’t, unless you turn her, or you decide you want to be a human and I don’t think she’s willing to turn yet.”

            “No…I don’t think she is either…thank you mom.” I hung up.

            “What did she say?” asked Jaemi.

            “Sehun, can you leave, please?”

            “Yeah.” Once he was out the door, I handed Jaemi her cloths and explained to her what my mother had just told me.

            “So we can’t have at all…unless you turn me into a wolf or you decide you want to be human?”

            I nodded, “this !” I rubbed my hand across my jaw in frustration.

            “Jongin, if Sehun didn’t interrupt us that would have been my first time,” she admitted.

            “I know.”

            “How do you know?”

            “s have a different scent than non-s.”

            “Are you being serious?”

            I nodded, “yes.”

            We sat on the bed silently for a few moments.

            “Jongin…I really want to make love to you, but I don’t want you to have to give up being a wolf for that to happen…and I don’t know if I want to give up being a human…yet.”

            “It’s fine…” I groaned, “If Sehun didn’t stop us I’d have lost Minah.”

            “W-what do you mean?” she asked, “How could you have lost her?”

            “I’d be human right now if my mom didn’t call, and Minah’s a wolf…I’ve heard stories before that if a wolf loses their ability to shift, they’re kicked out of the pack.”

            “Exo wouldn’t do that to you!”

            “They wouldn’t have a choice…”

            “And they’d keep Minah!?”

            I nodded.

            “That’s insane…”

            I nodded again, “I don’t know what I’d do if I lost Minah…”

            “Jongin, I want to be with you forever, and if it means I have to become a wolf to do so, I will…just not yet.  There’s still so much more I need to know about them.”

            I nodded, “Whatever you want to know, just ask and we’ll tell you.”