Chapter 18

Howl

 

Chapter 18

 

Third Person POV

 

            The allied packs arrived at the Exo manor within the next hour.  Kai continued to pace back and forth across the living room. 

            “Are we going to do this or not?  If not I’m leaving now,” said Kai frustrated.

            “Kai if you step one foot out of this house without receiving Kris’s orders I’ll rip your balls off,” said Seulki.

            The boys in the room cringed.

            “And when Seulki’s done doing that,” added Kris, “I’ll kick you out of the pack.”

            “Well can we please hurry up then!?  My mate and child could be hurt and we’re just sitting here doing nothing!”

            “We aren’t doing nothing, Kai we’re figuring out how to approach the matter at hand,” said Jessica.

            He continued to pace.

           

            “So we’re all clear on what to do?” asked Kris.

            Each pack nodded their understandings.

            “Then it’s time to go.”

            Exo, their mates (with the exception of pregnant Mihi), Girls Generation, and Super Junior all shifted and stalked their way through the back yard and into the woods.

            “We need to go as fast as we can, but nobody steps foot onto their land without my orders.”

            The wolves nodded their response to Kris and took off running as fast as they could go.

            Kai’s heart was racing; he was scared for his family, but at the same time anxious for the battle to begin.  Taemin was once his best friend, and no part of him wanted to end the life of an old friend.  But, in their world, things happen, people change into wolves, they are assigned their packs and if they were lucky, they’d be allies.  Shifting obviously didn’t always work out the way they wanted it to, but they had to live with it.

            As the packs ran through the woods, Kai fought with himself over how he was going to knock some sense into Taemin.  Does he show him the letter he wrote in the notebook all those years ago and hope that it reminds him of their old lives?  Does he fight until SHINee surrenders?  Or does he kill him?

            He made his decision at home that if Minah and/or Jaemi were hurt that he would kill Taemin.  No question.

            Kris and Seulki stopped in their tracks.  They had arrived at the land border.

            Kai growled from his position in the formation.

            “Don’t move,” warned Kris.  Then, he tilted his head back and let out the first howl.

            Each of the wolves copied the alpha.

            SHINee wasn’t the only pack to reply to the fight call.  They were prepared and gathered allies of their own.

            “Kris, if you don’t give the order now, I’m going without you,” said Kai slowly inching his way up to the border.

            Both Kris and Seulki barked at him.

            “Don’t forget what we said earlier Kai,” said Seulki, “our warnings still stand.”

            They began to put their plan into action.  Each wolf took off in different directions and stationed themselves around SHINee’s mansion.

            The moment they caught their scent, they made their move.

            Kai and Sehun watched the back door of the house, hidden under the shadows of the night.

            “Jongin,” said Sehun, “if something happens tonight and I don’t-”

             “Stop it Sehun!  Don’t talk like that.  We’re making it out of here alive, with Jaemi and Minah.”

            Sehun didn’t continue his thought.

            “If you see Minah or Jaemi before I do, you run to them and you fight for them, got it?”

            “Yes, Jongin, I got it.”

            “Don’t even try to finish the battle your in, their lives are our first priority.”

            “Jongin, I know…and the second I see them, I’ll call out to you.  We’ve been over this.”

            “I’m just making sure.”

            They waited in the shadows for another ten minutes before somebody finally emerged from the manor.  It was Onew.

            Kai growled.

            “Jongin, we have to wait until we catch their scent.”

            Three people followed Onew into the middle of the yard; Jonghyun, Key and Taemin.

            They were all followed by APink, 2PM, DBSK, and BEAST.

            Exo’s allies easily out numbered SHINee’s…but 2PM and DBSK were two of the strongest packs currently alive.  That could mean trouble.

            Thunder boomed in the distance and lightning flashed across the sky.

The wind blew and the scents caught in their nose

            Kris sent out the signal to attack, “Go!”

 

A/N:  I know, the anticipation is killing me too!  Anyways, don’t forget to comment. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANYEOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!