Chapter 14

Howl

Chapter 14

 

Kai POV

 

            “Isn’t the snow pretty, daddy?” said Minah when I came into her room.  She was sitting on her window seat staring at the snow that fell from the sky.

            “Yes, it is!” I said smiling, “mommy liked snow a lot too.”

            “She did!?”

            I nodded, “Will you be okay here alone with Jaemi while everyone else goes to the meeting?”

            “Yes, I’ll be okay.  Can I play outside while you’re gone?”

            “As long as Jaemi’s with you, you can.”

            “I won’t go out by myself,” she assured.

            I kissed the top of her head, “I love you peanut, I’ll see you in a few hours, okay?”

            “Bye daddy, I love you!”

            I left Minah to watch the snow and went down the stairs to the living room where the other members were getting ready with their mates to go to the meeting.

            “Is Minah still in her room?” asked Sehun.

            “Yeah, she’s still watching the snow,” I told him.  I turned towards Jaemi, “make sure she doesn’t just stare out her window all day.  She said she waned to play outside with you later.”

            “Alright, I’ll see you soon then.”

            I zipped up my coat and kissed her goodbye, “I love you.”

            “I love you too.”

           

Jaemi POV

 

            I closed the door behind the wolves and went up the stairs to gather Minah.

            “Minah, did you want to play outside soon?”

            “Soon Jaemi,” she said, “It’s almost done snowing, and then I can go outside and play with you.”

            “Can I watch with you?”

            “Yes, come and sit with me!”

             I obliged and watched the snow fall.

            Minah’s hands and nose were pressed against the window and her breath made it fog.

            “How much longer do you think it will keep snowing?” I asked.

            “Thirty-seven seconds,” she answered.

            And sure enough, after thirty-seven seconds the snow stopped falling.

            “Do you want to go play outside now?”

            “Yes!”  Minah jumped off her window seat and ran out of her bedroom to the coat closet in the living room.

            I followed and zipped up her coat and tied her boots for her, and then I zipped up my coat and slid on my UGG’s.

            While we played outside we made snowmen, and snow angels, had a snowball fight.  It was a blast.

            “I’m all wet!” said Minah, “and cold, can we go inside now?”

            “Of course, I’ll give you a nice warm bath too if you want.”

            “Yes!  And hot chocolate, with lots of marshmallows!”

            “Whatever you want, Minah, I’ll make it for you.”

            “Hooray!”

            We ran inside and peeled off our wet coats and boots and laid them next to the heater.

            “I’m going to go change cloths really quick, okay Minah?  While I do that go pick out what you want to wear after your bath.”

            “Okay Jaemi!”

            I stripped off my wet cloths and replaced them with a pair of sweat pants and a blue knitted sweater.

            I left the room that I shared with Kai and went to retrieve Minah from her room.

            “Ready for a bath?” I asked.

            “Yup, I got my new cloths ready, see!?”

            I went with Minah to the master bathroom and filled the tub with warm water.

            “I’m cold,” she said with her arms wrapped around her and her teeth chattering.

            “The bath is almost ready.”  I took off her wet cloths and threw them to the other side of the bathroom.

            “You can get in now,” I told her, “the waters nice and warm.”

            After her bath, I dressed her and carried her down the stairs to the kitchen to make hot chocolate.

            “Where do you keep the marshmallows?” I asked her.

            “In the big cupboard,” answered Minah.

I handed Minah a mug and sat down next to her.

There was a rattling at the door.

“The guys must be home,” I said getting up from where I was seated at the table, “that was fast.”

My hand was on the door knob when Minah yelled, “No!  It’s not daddy!”

“What do you-?”

            I was cut off by the door flying open to reveal Taemin accompanied by the other members of SHINee.

            Minah and I screamed and ran down the hallway to try and get to the back door.  But they were too fast for us.  Key grabbed Minah and Taemin grabbed me. 

            “Let me go!” said Minah, “you’re hurting me!”

            “Shut up brat.  We won’t hurt you too bad.  We just need to get your daddy to come and get you,” said Key.

            I tried to wiggle free, but Taemin twisted my arm back and pushed me to the ground, “ah!” I winced.

            I felt his claws start to dig into my arm and my back.  I gasped in pain.

            To my left, Minah was still struggling to get free and Key slammed her into the wall, knocking her out.

            “Minah!” I yelled, “Ugh!” his claws ripped at my arm.

`           There was a small splatter of blood from where Minah’s head collided with the wall, and a pool of my own blood was starting to form under me.

            A white cloth was then placed over my nose and mouth.

            I lost consciousness.