Chapter 5

Howl

Chapter 5

 

Jaemi POV

 

            Kai closed the door behind him and I climbed into bed, but I couldn’t sleep.

            I felt so bad for Kai; it was obvious that he was hurting when he saw me in ChoHee’s cloths.  But he insisted that he was okay.

            I tossed and turned all night.  I felt safe there, especially around Kris.  I hated to admit it, but I felt safe around Kai too, even if he didn’t trust me.  So why couldn’t I fall asleep?

            Was it because I was in a strange place?  Most likely.

            I had enough of tossing and turning, so I decided to explore the mansion a little.  Kris said I was welcome to explore and long as I didn’t go into anyone’s room without their permission.

            I got out of bed and tip toed down the long hallway.  Directly across from my room was Minah’s room, her bed was vacant.  She must be in Kai’s room.

            Next to Minah’s room was Kai’s.  I knew it was his because each of their rooms had a sign on the door that had their name.

            I walked further down the hallway and at the end was Sehun’s room.  His light was on and I faintly heard noise coming from inside.  I knocked.

            “Come in,” I heard from the other side.

            I opened the door.

            “Hey Jaemi,” he said pausing the show he was watching on TV, “can’t sleep?”

            “No…I think it’s because I’m in a strange place.”

            “I’m like that too,” he patted the open space on his bed, “you can watch TV with me until you’re tired, if you want.”

            “Thanks,” I sat next to him on the bed and pulled my nightgown over my knees.

            “I don’t mean to make you feel weird or anything, but you look a lot like ChoHee in that.”

            “That’s what Kai said.”

            He smirked, “Yeah?  She used to wear that all the time.”

            “You must have been close to her.”

            “We all were…She transferred high schools to be with Jongin.”

            “That’s Kai’s real name, right?”

            “Yup.”

            “Why does he go by Kai?”

            “It’s a nickname his oldest sister came up with.  In Chinese it means something about opening doors…I guess when Jongin was really little he would always come into his sisters’ rooms and forget to close the door, so they just started calling him Kai.”

            “So you’re the only one that calls him Jongin anymore?”

            “Kris calls him Jongin when he’s mad at him…And ChoHee called him Jongin, but yeah, I guess I’m the only one.”

            “How come?”

            “I knew him before his sisters’ gave him the nickname, so I still call him by his real name.”

            “I think Jongin fits him better.”

            “So do I, but he gets really mad if anybody aside from me calls him that.  So I wouldn’t advise you to start.”

            I laughed, “I won’t….Thanks for letting me sit with you for a while.  I’ll go to bed now.”

            “Okay, goodnight Jaemi.”

            “Goodnight, Sehun.”

 

Kai POV

 

            For two weeks, Jaemi has been living with us.  She’s warmed up to us all and we’ve all warmed up to her…except me…I still don’t trust her.  Minah absolutely loves her, so I have to be nice, for her.

            I left Minah and Jaemi at the house while Luhan and I patrolled the land boarder.

            In our wolf forms, we walked along the area where Exo’s and SHINee’s lands met.

            “Kai,” I heard Luhan’s voice in my head, “Minho and his mate are coming.”

            “I smell them,” I replied.

            Minho was the only member of SHINee that any of us actually got along with anymore.  He was reasonable and kind, so was his mate Sulli.

            Sulli’s pack; F(x), was allied with us, just like A-Pink was, but then Sulli and Minho found each other.  F(x) didn’t want to abandon their alliance with Exo so they’ve become the Switzerland of Wolf Packs.  They stay out of all battles and keep to themselves.

            “You smell like human,” said Minho.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I replied.

            “Lie all you want, I know what I smell.”

            “Don’t start a fight, please,” said Sulli coming up next to her mate.

            “We won’t,” said Luhan, “Minho’s the only one of them that we actually like.”

            “How’s Minah?” Sulli asked me.

            “She’s good, how’s Yoogeun?”

            “He’s good, he loves Kindergarten.”

            Yoogeun was Minho and Sulli’s son.  He’s a year older than Minah and secretly Sulli would bring him over for a play date.

            We heard a loud howl coming from SHINee’s side, then another coming from Exo’s.  Time to go.

            “It was good to see you again, Sulli, Minho,” said Luhan.

            “Yeah, bring Yoogeun over anytime,” I added.

            They nodded and took off running towards their pack.

            We turned and did the same.

            Just before reaching the house, Luhan and I shifted back so Jaemi wouldn’t see us as wolves.

            We walked up to the front door and Minah came running outside followed by Jaemi.

            “Daddy, your back!” she jumped into my arms.

            “Hey Peanut, how was your day?”

            “It was really fun; Jaemi and I jumped rope and drew on the drive way with chalk.  We even played Barbies!”

            “Sounds like you had a good day!”

            Just then, Chanyeol came running out of the house, “guys, you better come inside, there’s something you need to see.”

            We followed Chanyeol into the living room.  One the TV was a picture of Jaemi, it said she was missing and was thought to have been kidnapped.

            “Oh my god,” said Jaemi, “I need to go back and tell them I wasn’t kidnapped!”

            “You can’t go back,” said Suho, “Not yet anyways.  It still isn’t safe”

            “How isn’t it safe?  All thirteen of you live in the middle of the woods, and not once have I seen these so called dangerous wolves!  I’m beginning to think that I was kidnapped!”

            “The wolves are real!” said Minah, “There really dangerous, that’s why we can’t go anywhere by ourselves!  You weren’t kidnapped, Jaemi!”

            “But-”

            She was cut off by a loud crash coming from outside.

            We all ran out the door to see SHINee and A-Pink in their human forms standing in a line in the middle of our back yard.

            “Minah, go to your room, right now,” I told her pushing her behind me.

            “No, daddy, I want to stay with you.”

            “Minah,” I growled at her, “Go now, and lock your door and don’t come out until one of us comes to get you.”

            She ran up the stairs and I listened for her door to close and lock.  When it did I called out to SHINee and A-Pink, “What are you doing here?”

            “You have a human, Kris,” said Onew, “that’s against the rules.”

            “Kai, what is he talking about?” asked Jaemi.

            I pushed her behind me, “Go to Minah’s room.”

            “No, what is going on?!” she panicked

            “So she doesn’t know…” said Jonghyun.

            “I guess we’ll just have to show her,” added Taemin.

            Both packs got down on all fours and shifted.

            “Oh my god…” said Jaemi, “they’re…this can’t be happening.”

            SHINee and A-Pink charged the house.  Exo jumped off the porch and shifted mid-air.

            Kris collided with Onew, while I faced Minho.  Luhan went for Key, Chen head butted Jonghyun and Sehun went after Taemin while the other members went for A-Pink.

            Sehun quickly knocked Taemin over and went back to defend Jaemi who was still on the porch.

            “You’re wolves!?” yelled Jaemi, “this is impossible!”

            Taemin charged Sehun, but he held his ground, knocking him away once again.

            Lay and Xiumin managed to chase off the females that they were fighting and went to help out the rest of us.

            “Minho,” I growled locking our foreheads together, “you don’t have to do this, we’ve asked you this once and we’ll ask it again, bring your family and join us.  Stop the violence.”         

            “I can’t do that Kai, you know as well as I do that once we find our rightful pack, we can’t leave.”  He knocked me to the ground.

            I yelped in pain.

            Chanyeol saw what had happened and he knocked Minho over.  It was now the two of them against each other.

            I shifted back to a human and ran towards Luhan.  Key was on top of him ripping at his face.  Luhan was bleeding heavily from a wound on his side and could no longer stay in his wolf form.

            I jumped at Key and wrestled him to the ground.  I knew I was at a disadvantage still being in my human form.  But I needed to help my friend.

            Key’s jaw locked on my arm and I yelled in pain. 

            “Kai!” yelled Jaemi from the porch.

            “Kai, shift back!” yelled Sehun.  He was now in his human form and fighting to pull Jaemi into the house.

            I kicked Key into a tree and ran up the porch.

            “Get inside,” I growled at the girl, “go to Minah, now!”

            “Y-you’re hurt,” she stuttered.

            “I’ll heal…Now go!” I shoved her and Sehun into the house and slammed the door.

            I jumped off the porch again and shifted.  I landed in front of Taemin.

            “Get off our land!”

            “It’s time for revenge, Kai…you took her from me, and now its finally time for you to pay!”

            “She killed ChoHee!  I had no choice but to kill NaEun too!”

            I lunged at him and sunk my teeth into his neck.

            He yelped.

            Kris had knocked Onew unconscious and was now fighting to defend Luhan’s fallen body.

            Suho pushed me out of the way and growled, “Go help Luhan!”

            Taemin bared his teeth at our second in command.

            “Baekhyun,” I called, “Help me get Luhan inside!”

            He knocked the A-Pink member into a tree and she ran into the woods. 

            Then, he shifted and ran to Luhan.

            I shifted and met Baekhyun at Luhan’s body.

            Together we carried him into the house and slammed the door behind us.

            “Oh my god!” said Jaemi coming down the stairs.

            “Go back up!” I yelled at her.

            Sehun came flying down the stairs and kneeled at Luhan’s side on the couch.

            “Kai, this is really bad,” he said, “the healing hasn’t started at all yet!”

            “Break his arm.”

            “What?!” said Jaemi, “are you crazy!?”

            “It’ll speed up the healing process,” said Baekhyun, “Kai, go back out, Sehun and I can handle things here.”

            I nodded and ran back out the door.

            Minho was in the process of limping back into the woods; Jonghyun was bleeding from the mouth but still held his ground against Chen; Key had disappeared, Taemin was still fighting Suho, and Onew was beginning to regain consciousness.

            All of A-Pink had already retreated back into the woods.

            Onew had finally woken up and howled, signaling for his pack to retreat.

            As badly as Taemin wanted to stay and finish me, he had to choice but to listen to his alpha and they all ran off.

            “Is everybody okay?” asked Kris shifting back.

            Everybody else shifted, “We’re okay.”

            “Luhan isn’t…” it was Baekhyun.  He had come out and was now standing by the door with a long face.

            Kris ran inside and we all followed.

            “Why didn’t you break his arm?” I projected.

            “We tried, we weren’t strong enough,” said Sehun.

            Minah was now clinging to Jaemi on the staircase.

            Blood had started dripping from Luhan’s mouth.

            “Kai,” said Kris, “Help me break his arms.”

            I nodded in understanding, “Sehun, hold Luhan down.”

            Sehun slowly flipped Luhan onto his stomach, sat on his lower back and pressed his hands firmly against Luhan’s shoulder blades.

            “Jaemi, take Minah upstairs,” I told her.

            “Come on Minah,” she whispered and carried her up the stairs.

            Kris and I held Luhan’s right arm firmly in our hands and bent it back as far as it could go.  We heard a loud crack and gently set his arm down, and then we did the same with his left arm.

            Sehun got off of Luhan and Lay came over to reset both arms and put Luhan’s them both into slings.

            “Did it work?” asked Chen.

            “Yeah,” said Lay, “he’s starting to heal.”

            We all let out a sigh of relief.

            “I’m going to go get Minah now,” I told the pack.

            I went up the stairs to her room and opened the door.

            “Daddy!” she yelled, “I was so scared!  I thought you were going to get hurt!”

            “I’m okay Minah,” I hugged her.

            “Kai, your arm,” said Jaemi.

            “Its fine, it’s healing.”

            “It doesn’t look like it.”

            I looked down at my arm, sure enough, blood was still leaking from it.

            “Minah, I need you to bite me, right now.”

            “What?!  Daddy, my teeth aren’t sharp enough yet.”

            “It’s okay Minah; I just need you to break skin.  My wound isn’t that bad.”

            She nodded, bared her fangs and sunk her teeth into my wounded arm.

            I winced at the slight sting, “thanks Minah,” I said when she pulled away.

            “Are you okay now daddy?”

            I looked at my arm, “Yeah, it’s healing now.”

            Jaemi was staring at us with wide eyes.

            “You probably have a lot of questions for us, huh Jaemi?”

            She nodded slowly, “you have no idea…”

            “Come down stairs, we’ll explain everything.”

            I grabbed Minah’s hand and led her and Jaemi down the stairs.

            “How’s Luhan?” I asked reaching the living room.

            “I’m awake,” he called, “but did you and Kris really have to break both my arms?!  Your going to have to feed me, and bathe me, and change my cloths, brush my teeth…the list goes on.”

            “Sorry man, you were dying, had to do it.”

            “Whatever…now it’s your job to take care of me.”

            I rolled my eyes, “Have Kris do it, I already have someone I gotta take care of.” I smiled, looking down at Minah.

            “This is a great time to be an alpha,” laughed Kris, “Kai, your doing it.”

            “I really hate you as our alpha sometimes…is everybody else okay?”

            “Yes,” they all answered.

            “We have some explaining to do, don’t we?” said Tao.

            I nodded, “Well Jaemi, take a seat.  We’ll tell you everything.”

 

A/N:  Oooh!  this is a long one!!  Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, i really enjoyed writing it!!  Don'r forget to comment!! I love feedback! <3