Epilogue

Howl

 

Epilogue

 

2 Years Later

           

Kai POV

 

            I was awoken one morning by the cry of my new born son.  Beside me, Jaemi rolled over and groaned, “Jongin, it’s your turn to get him.”

            “Its morning,” I said, “It’s your turn.”

            She threw off the covers and retrieved our son from his crib on the other side of the room.  She took a seat in the rocking chair and began to feed the baby.

            I rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep. 

            “Jongin!” she threw a pillow at me, “wake up!”

            I got out of bed, “I’m up, I’m up… I’ll go wake up Minah.”

            I stalked down the hall to my now six year old daughter’s bedroom.  I opened the door and gently sat down on the end of her bed.

            “Minah, it’s time to wake up for school,” I said.

            She yawned, “I don’t wanna go to school…”

            I picked her up, “you’re getting too big for this!”

            She giggled.

            From down stairs, I could already hear the other pack members begin to make breakfast.  It was the same routine almost every morning.  Chanyeol would start a fight with somebody and Kyungsoo and Luhan would complain about how they had to make breakfast for everyone every morning, then Luhan’s new mate would pity them and help out.

            All of the girls were now moved in with Exo, including Seulki.  She handed her alpha position to one of her own members and left that pack to be with Kris all of the time.  Xiumin and Mihi’s daughter was now two; EunMi and Chanyeol were expecting twin boys any day now and Seulki had just announced the day before that she was pregnant.

            Minah loved not being the only kid anymore, even though they were all much younger than her, she finally had somebody other than Sehun, Jaemi and I to play with.  

            Jaemi came down the stairs to the kitchen holding Jason, “Morning everyone.”

            “Morning Jaemi!” said everybody.

            “Gimme Jason,” said Seulki, “I want to hold my beautiful nephew!”

            Jaemi handed the mother-to-be the baby and went to the counter to make some coffee.

            “Kai,” said Chanyeol, “your baby cries too much, I think there’s something wrong with him.”

            “What, like he’s defective?” laughed Baekhyun.

            “No, not like he’s defective…like he’s sick or something!”       

            “He’s fine Chanyeol,” I said, “and you just wait, you have two boys coming any day now…when one of them cries, the other will do the same.  You’re never going to sleep again.”

            Kris shook his head, “There’s no more room in this house for anymore kids…”

            “We still have the whole third floor!” said Chen.

            “And eventually everyone will have their own babies!” said Seulki excitedly.

            “Yeah!” said the twins; Ava and Laney together!

            “No…” said Baekhyun and Chen together.

            The front door opened and everyone turned to see Sehun coming into the room with a big smile on his face.

            “What are you all smiley about?” asked Tao.

            “No reason…” he smiled bigger.

            “No way!” said Seulki, “you met her didn’t you!?”

            “Maybe…”

            “So that’s where you’ve been all week,” I said.

            “What’s her name!?” asked Chen, “When will we meet her!?”

            “Her name is Lara…and I’ll bring her over tomorrow so you can all meet her.”

            “Awe my little brother’s finally found his mate!” said Hana giving her brother a hug.

            “Daddy,” said Minah, “I want a mate too!”

            I laughed, “You’re going to have to wait awhile peanut.”           

            Jaemi took a seat next to me and took Jason out of Seulki’s arms, “Here Jongin, he needs to be burped.”

            I sighed and took my son from my wife.  I laid the burp rag and the baby over my shoulder and began to pat his back.

            “I wanna do it!” said Minah climbing onto my lap.

            Jaemi intercepted her and pulled her onto her own lap, “You can do it later, okay Minah.  Right now you need to go get dressed for school.”

            “Okay…” Minah got off of Jaemi’s lap and ran up the stairs.

            “So Sehun,” Chanyeol said in hushed tones from across the table, “now that Minah’s gone…did you have with her yet.”

            Sehun’s cheeks turned bright red.

            “Hey!” said Xiumin, “Chee is right here!”

            “Ah…she’s two, she’s not gonna remember any of this!”  He looked back at Sehun, “So did you!?”

            “I found her a week ago…” he answered.

            “So yes or no?” Chanyeol egged on.

            Hana covered her ears, “No, I don’t want to hear about my brother’s life!”

            Sehun glared at his sister, “Well I don’t want to hear about yours either, but I do!”

            She giggled nervously, “sorry Sehunnie…”

            “No your not…”

            “You still didn’t answer my question,” said Chanyeol irritated.

            “No, we haven’t!” answered Sehun finally.

            “What hasn’t Sehun done?” asked Minah coming back into the kitchen.

            “Oh nothing,” said Jaemi.

            “Are you ready to go Peanut?” I asked.

            She nodded. 

            “Alrighty then, get in the car.”

            “Bye everyone!” she called, “I love you Mama, I love you Jason!”

            “I love you too Minah,” said Jaemi.

            I kissed my wife and son goodbye and headed out the door with Minah.

 

The End