Chapter 5

Bittersweet Change: Escape

Soon as we arrived at the house, the kids were all excited to spend the weekend with their uncle Kai. Although I tried to smile and pretend nothing was wrong, inside I was just aching with hurt. I couldn’t believe Kris could let some random chick stay at OUR house. I don’t understand why he suddenly felt the need to. He didn’t even say goodbye to the kids and I.

 

I probably was thinking too much about the whole situation because Kai started rubbing the sides of his temples, “Hey Kids? Why don’t you hang out in the guest room, I’ll be there in a minute to come play. Your Mommy and I have some things to talk about, okay?”

 

In unison, they agreed, “No problem Uncle Kai!”

 

I smiled lovingly at the kids as they skipped off to the room. Kai immediately grabbed my hand to lead me into his bedroom. He locked the door so the kids couldn’t just barge in.

 

“Listen Mi Hyun, if Kris even thinks of trying anything with that girl, I will seriously hurt him.”

 

“No Kai, don’t. I just want to somehow believe that Kris will stay faithful. Besides, at least EXO-M will be with him. That kind of eases me a little.”

 

Kai put his hand on my shoulder as he gazed right into the depths of my eyes. He caught my bluff. “Don’t try to pretend you’re okay with this. Even if you try to think differently, I know you’re hurting. I trust Kris, but something about this whole situation, I’m completely angry about it. Plus, the more you dwell on the matter, the more my head is going to be throbbing.”

 

I rubbed the temples of my brother as I tried to give a smile, trying to show him that everything is going to be okay….. I hope.

 

Kris POV:

“This is my lovely home. You’ll be here for a while until we can get you back on your feet.”

 

“Thanks Kris. It’s a very beautiful place.”

 

As Makoto was walking around the living room, I couldn’t help but just stare at her. I mean, the girl is obviously attractive. Look at her, from her long legs to her thin frame. The way her blond hair just streams down her back, it’s nice to look at. As I kept staring, I felt a slap on the back of my head.

 

“Oww! Who the hell-“

 

Luhan screeched through his gritted teeth, “If I were you, I’d keep my eyes off the newborn!”

 

I growled, “First of all, NEVER hit me again! Second, what are you talking about?!”

 

“Don’t play stupid Kris, I saw how you were looking at that girl just now! Remember, you have a mate already! Plus, you have kids with that mate!”

 

I pushed Luhan to the side, “You know nothing! And that girl’s name is Makoto!”

 

“You called me?”

 

Luhan and I quickly look over to see Makoto standing there.

 

“Yes?”

 

I noticed Luhan was glaring at her, so I nudged him out of my way.

 

“Yeah, I did. Let me show you to your room.”

 

I took Makoto’s hand and led her to my bedroom. I figured it’d be better for her to sleep in here since the only guest room we have will be occupied by one of the boys.

 

“Wow, nice room. It’s very spacious and cozy.”

 

“Yep, that’s why I love it. Anyways, since you’ll be staying in my room, all I ask is you pick up after yourself and enjoy.”

 

Makoto nodded at me as I got my stuff a little bit cleaned up. Before I exited the room, I noticed Makoto holding the family picture Mi Hyun and I took with Dai and Hana. I always kept that picture by my bedside since I could always look at it to see what I am so lucky to have.

 

“Cute kids, are they hers?”

 

“Yep, Dai and Hana.”

 

“She’s pretty. She your sister?”

 

“Nope, actually she’s my girlfriend. Those are our kids. I should’ve said that first.”

 

 Makoto gave me a simple smile, “You got a nice family.”

 

“Yeah, I do. Anyways, I’m curious to know about you. Who’s this friend you need me to find?”

 

Makoto looked down, “Honestly, I can’t even remember his face. I can’t remember anything.”

 

I stared at her in confusion. How could she not remember? When you’re bitten by a wolf, you still retain your memory.

 

“Well do you remember why you were in the woods in the first place?”

 

“Yeah. He and I came from Japan because we wanted to visit Korea for a vacation. We had heard about these woods from folks and they told us to stay away. Knowing me, I was real curious about it, so he and I decided to come and take a stroll. After that, I out and woke up in your arms.”

 

“Alright. Well, you rest for a while and I’ll go look around for you friend alright?”

 

Makoto, out of nowhere, wrapped her arms around my neck, saying, “Thank you Kris. I owe you big time for this.”

 

I found myself hugging her back, my arms completely around her waist. As I held on to her, I smelled the sweet scent of the forest on her. Holding on to her, I couldn’t shake the feeling I was getting. It was almost like when I first met Mi Hyun…..

 

“Kris, we need to talk-“

 

My eyes went wide as I quickly threw myself off of Makoto. I turned around and saw Suho’s mouth hanging open.

 

“Well, this must be the girl you found in the woods.”

 

Makoto stood up and walked over to Suho. She held her hand out for him, “Hi, I’m Makoto, and you are?”

 

Suho didn’t even have the decency to shake her hand. I really wanted to condemn him for his rudeness as an Alpha.

 

“Suho. How about you finish up with whatever you’re doing here and I’ll just wait for Kris?”

 

“It’s okay, I was just about to take a nap. I’ll see you later Kris. Thanks for the room.”

 

I smiled at her, “Of course. You sleep well.” I waved to her as I closed the bedroom door behind me. Quickly, I followed after Suho because he was speed walking all the way outside. We reached the lake until he finally turned around with this pissed off expression painted on his face.

 

“I really would love to know what the hell was that I just saw?”

 

“Don’t over-analyze. It was just a hug!”

 

Suho mocked my statement, “Seriously? A hug is just one-arm over the shoulder or both arms around the back. Nope, your hug, more like embrace, was one around that girl’s waist! Are you insane?!”

 

I shouted back at Suho, “What’s the big deal?!?”

 

What’s the big deal??? Kris, you have a mate, a great one at that! If Mi Hyun walked in on that, she would be hurt!”

 

I froze from his words. What would Mi Hyun do if she saw that? I mean, it was just a hug. Besides, she hugged me first. I was just being kind. Then again, Mi Hyun isn’t the jealous type, so she would understand.

 

“Mi Hyun wouldn’t go bat- crazy over it like you are. She trusts me! Listen, I didn’t want to talk with you to argue about this. I wanted to talk about how we’re going to handle this situation with Makoto.”

 

Suho sighed, rolling his eyes at me. “Ugh, I honestly think EXO-K should keep the newborn. I don’t get why you suddenly feel the need to have to care for her. You got a family Kris, they need to be here!”

 

“Look, I just feel better helping Makoto. The way she looked at me, I just feel a sense of responsibility to her. In the mean time, just make sure Mi Hyun and the kids are doing well with Kai. I’ll need you and the rest of EXO to pop by sometimes to help Makoto with her training as well.”

 

Suho grabbed the back of his head, pulling at his hair. “Fine, damn it! You just better be sure about this!”

 

“Don’t worry, I am.”

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello, everyone, 4evervipkissme here! I am honored to have ck0330 bestow her sequel for me to do. I will try my best from what she's given me to make this sequel just as good as her stories are. Please bare with me as I am not as great of a writer as ck0330 is. I promise to try and update as much as I can. In the meantime, if you want, I have a story of my own called "Save What's Left of Me"  if you are interested in reading it. The story stars You, Kris of EXO, and TOP of BIGBANG.