Chapter 4

Bittersweet Change: Escape

 

I wasn't able to hold in my curiosity. I glanced back at my kids who were playing and stepped outside. I carefully walked over to Kris' side and looked down at the human on the ground. A girl. Lay and Kai was bending over the girl, looking at her. 

 

"Is she dead?" Kris looked at me as i asked that. He quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me back towards the house. "Hey! Wait a minute!"

Kris stopped and glared at me. "Didn't i tell you to stay inside?! Let's go!"

He started dragging me again, but i pulled my arm back and ran over to Tao. Tao wrapped his arm around me. "She isn't dead. But... she's not alive either".

I looked up at him. "Huh? What does that mean?"

"It means... this girl was human. Until a few minutes ago. Someone bit her".

"Oh..." I felt someone grab my hand and looked up. Kris wasn't looking at me, he was staring at the girl.

"Let's go back to our kids. The rest can take care of her".

"But..."

"No buts, Mi Hyun!" Kris shouted at me and this time he looked at me, but not in a good way. "Listen to me! Get inside now!"

"Fine!" I released myself from him and stormed back into the house.

 

No one's P.O.V

 

"You okay, Kris?" Xiumin asked once Mi Hyun had gone back inside.

"Yeah" Kris said before bending down next to Lay. "She'll wake up any minute. What are we gonna do with her?"

"Leave her in the woods where we found her?" Chen suggested.

"No!" Kris shouted. "We can't do that!"

"She's gonna be a new wolf, Kris. She won't have any control of herself. It's not safe to have another wolf that's not in our pack around here. For all you know, she could be in Kyung-Soon's pack" Lay said as he stood up.

"Fine then" Kris put his arms under the girl and lifted her up. "I'll take care of her then".

"You?!" D.O shouted. "Are you insane?!"

"I agree with D.O., Kris. That is not a good idea" Suho held his arms out. "I'll take her then".

"No" Kris walked past all of them towards the house. Kai ran up in front of him and Kris stopped walking.

"No, Kris. I'm not letting you take that girl inside the house where my sister, my nephew and my niese lives!"

"Then take them home with you" Kris walked past him and Kai just stood there with his mouth open.

This time, Luhan reacted. He ran up to Kris and grabbed his arm. "Don't, Kris! I'll take care of the girl, so you don't have to! You take care of Mi Hyun and the kids and i will take care of the girl!"

 

Kris opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he felt movement in his arms. The girl had opened her eyes. He carefully placed her down on the ground and smiled at her.

 

"Hey. I'm Kris" He held his hand out towards her as she sat up. "How are you feeling?"

She slowly shook her hand. "I... i don't know... what happened?"

"You were bitten by a wolf. But don't worry, you're safe now".

"Wolf?" She looked around at EXO, then back at Kris. "You're all wolves?" Kris nodded. "So you... bit me?"

"No. None of us bit you. There are other wolves in this area, must have been one of them".

"Oh" The girl stood up and started walking towards the woods. Kris ran up to her and grabbed her hand.

"What's your name?" He asked as they were walking.

"My name? Makoto".

Kris stopped walking and so did she. "M-m-makoto? Isn't that a japanese name?"

She nodded. "I'm on a vacation with a friend of mine. We went for a trip in the woods and then... i don't know what really happened. But i have to find him!"

Kris nodded. "Alright, i'll find him for you. But wait inside my house while i look for him, okay?"

She nodded. "Promise me you'll find him, okay?"

Kris smiled and patted her head. "I promise".

"I can't believe him" Kai mumbled before he walked into the house. 

 

Mi Hyun P.O.V

 

I was reading a book when Kai entered the house. I put the book down on the couch and stood up. "Kai?"

"Pack a bag, Mi Hyun. For you and your kids. You're spending the night at my house".

"Yay!" Dai shouted and ran up the stairs with Hana.

"What? Why?" 

"Kris is being really stupid right now. I can't explain. Just pack your things, okay? Kris told me to take you and the kids with me, so let's go".

"Not until you tell me why!"

Kai sighed. "The girl... he wants her to stay in this house, but it's not safe with her around the kids, but he won't realize that. Therefore i'm taking you three with me. Now, are you coming or do i have to force you?"

I nodded. "I'll come with you. I'll go and pack right now" I ran up the stairs and into my room.

 

I grabbed a bag and started putting clothes into it. All i could think about was Kris with that girl. She was pretty, really pretty. Blond, tall and hot. What kind of guy doesn't like that? No wonder Kris wants her to live here...

 

But i was still hurt. What if Kris had really fallen for someone else? What if he was tired of me and the kids? I wasn't into the idea of letting Kris live with another woman, but what i could do? I need to be with my kids, and i trust Kris, but... the thought of something happening between them while i'm not here... I shook my head.

 

"Don't think about that, Mi Hyun" I said to myself.

"Mommy! We're done!" Hana and Dai ran inside with each of their bags. I smiled and zipped my bag. 

"Then let's go".

"Is daddy coming with?" Dai asked me. 

I looked down at him. "No, he's not. It's just going to be us three, but we will go back in a few days, okay?"

"Okay! Race you downstairs!" Dai said to Hana before running out".

"Hey!" Hana stormed out after him.

"I sure hope i'm right..." I mumbled to myself before walking out of the room.