Chapter 16

Bittersweet Change: Escape

I wake up to find myself under these soft bed sheets. Glancing around me, it takes me a while to realize this isn’t my room. Then it hits me, last night’s events. My frown is painted on my face while I stare at the pillow I was laying on. My tears are still a bit wet on the pillow while I have two dry tear lines on my cheeks.

 

As I get myself up from bed, I look at the clock and see that it’s still 7 in the morning. I don’t get why I’m up this early, but I can’t go back to sleep now. Since I left my house without really packing anything, I have nothing new to change in. That is until I find a note on the dresser written, “Here you go, Mi-Hyun. I made sure to grab some clothes for you since I am not sure how long you’ll be here. But take all the time you need, you’re always loved by EXO, especially me because I’m your favorite ^.^ Stay strong, FIGHTING! <3 Xiumin.” I quietly giggle from Xiumin’s cuteness and get myself washed and dressed up.

 

I don’t really feel like going downstairs and facing everyone, excluding Kris, after what happened last night. Just the thought of everyone’s prying eyes locked on me, it would just make things more awkward. Plus, I can already hear everyone thinking in their heads, “I hope Mi-Hyun is okay”, “I can’t believe Kris did that to her”, or “I feel so sorry for her.” If there is one thing I can’t really accept from people, it’s their pity. I am not a weak girl, and feeling sorry for me doesn’t help prove that.

 

To make sure I don’t wake anyone up, I transport myself outside so that I can take a nice morning walk outside. The winds are pretty chilly today so luckily I have a jacket to cover me from the cold. As I’m walking, I can’t get my mind off Kris. I’m just mindlessly walking without paying attention to the direction I’m going. All I can envision was how Kris looked when he freaked out at D.O. and I, but suddenly denied any of his wrong-doings. But the problem is, when I confronted him last night, why do I have this gut-feeling that he wasn’t lying? The look in his eyes and the thoughts of his mind, it was all complete honesty.

 

Yet it doesn’t make sense. Kris was right there in front me, saying his cruel words. When he did that before, it was only to me. However, the circumstances were different this time. D.O. was my witness. I wasn’t losing my mind like I was thinking so many times before. I just wish I could understand how he could that to me and somehow clear his conscience of it.

 

Before I walk any further, I realize I’m walking in the direction to Kris and I’s home. I’m about to turn around and leave when I see in a distance, Makoto up and early exiting the house. I think quickly and hide behind a tree. I see her jogging straight into the forest, almost like she’s up to meet someone.

 

What are you up to?

 

I decide to follow her to make sure she isn’t doing anything I would consider wrong. I transfer myself and haul my quickly to her direction but make sure to keep a safe gap so she doesn’t notice me. Finally, she stops right in the middle of the forest and just waits there. I stay right behind a bush and carefully scan her. I hear a little rustle in front of her and out comes……

 

KRIS?!?!

 

Makoto hops up and down and proceeds to leap in Kris’s arms, him wrapping his arms around her waist as he swings her around. This can’t be happening. That’s what Kris does to me. No, please tell this is just a dream. Just another nightmare like before. I’ll just blink my eyes and pinch myself, and I’ll be back in bed again. 1……………………2……………………3!

 

I shoot my eyes open, but no, I’m still stuck here. OH ! THIS IS REAL!

 

“I’m really sorry you and I haven’t spent any time together, I blame myself for that.”

 

Makoto giggles, “Aww babe, it’s fine. If only Mi-Hyun would stop making things so difficult, then you and I could finally be together like we want.”

 

He chuckles, “Well I promise you, when things get finished, Mi-Hyun will be all but a distant memory.”

 

“I love the sound of that, but not as much as I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Makoto.”

 

I’m screaming “NO!” multiple times in my head before I witness adultery in front of my eyes. Kris pulls Makoto in and gives her a strong kiss on her lips. I can see their lips part before I witness a glimpse of their tongues tying together. I cover my mouth to block the sounds of my cries, but the pit of my stomach has dropped to the ground. I want to throw up so bad. I have no choice but to transport myself back to the house. Perfect timing, I’m in front of EXO.

 

Kai gets up from his seat and walks over to me. He shakes my shoulders, but I’m still I’m lost in what just happened. “Mi-Hyun, talk to me, what’s wrong?!?!”
 

Through my choked-up voice, I whisper to him, “Makoto and Kris. I saw them. In the woods. Kissing….”

 

“You what?!?! That bastard cheated on you?!?!”

 

I nod my head, not daring to look him in the eyes. I don’t know why, but I feel so ashamed. Look at me, I’m such a fool. I should’ve seen it coming. All this time, the reason he acted the way he did. He wanted to push me away so he and Makoto could be together. But I guess that’s what happens when a stupid girl like me falls for someone like Kris.

 

I know Kai heard me because he responded, “Don’t you dare Mi-Hyun, it wasn’t your fault! I swear, with all my might, I’m going to rip Kris’ heart out with my own bare hands!”

 

I know I should be thankful that Kai wants to help, but I can’t accept his actions. I just tell him, “But I still love him. Don’t hurt him Kai…..” Suddenly, I just see blinks of Kai and the rest of EXO before I feel myself falling…..

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you always to all who have subscribed, upvoted, and commented on this story. Again, I have been so busy because work is so swamped this month, I keep getting called in on my days off to work. 2nd thing, I got to hit the gym hard because I don't like my weight gain, so I gotta diet and exercise like CRAZZZZYYY! But most important of all, semester exams are this week, so I got to ace those bad! Still, much appreciation for waiting on my slow updating. Soon as this weekend comes, I'll be working on chapters and getting updates back up again. Keep your faith in me and SARANGHAE <3