Chapter 12

Bittersweet Change: Escape

Makoto was still busy being locked up in the guest room, probably just trying to play the victim card. The kids were still resting, and I knew they would be up pretty soon. As for the rest of us, we were trying to figure out who else could have been in the house when we were all outside.

 

“It has to be someone who was in Jonghyun’s clan,” Tao interjected, “but it has to be someone we haven’t met yet.”

 

We all raised our brows to Tao. Kris questioned, “Why do you figure that?”

 

“Think about it. Kyung-Soon’s pack wasn’t the most strongest, excluding her and Jonghyun. The other wolves weren’t as quick as those two were. Maybe Jonghyun found a new member.”

 

Light bulbs were slightly shining above our heads. Tao’s hypothesis was pretty spot on, and it’s obvious Jonghyun could brainwash anyone into wanting to attack us. He and Kyung-soon were easy-talkers in deception.

 

Kris took my legs off his lap as he got up and began pacing. Reading his mind, I began to question the safety of our kids as well. I grabbed hold of Kris’s hand when I spoke to everyone, “Hana and Dai can’t stay here with the way things have turned. I know you guys can protect them, but-“

 

“We all need to train right now because it seems like we’ve got another battle on our hands. The kids need to be placed somewhere we know they’ll be protected for the time being,“ Kai interrupted.

 

“Okay, but where exactly?”

 

Suho raised his hand, “I know where. They can stay with Super Junior-M for the time being.”

 

“Super Junior-M?”

 

Kris cleared his throat, “Agreed. SuJu-M is a group of wolves Exo-M met when we were staying in China before locating back to Korea. They’re pretty much like allies and I know we can trust them.”

 

I thought about it for a moment before I nodded my head frantically. “Okay, I guess the kids have to take another vacation from home.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right outside the gate to the plane, boarding was being called for the flight to China. Since EXO-M still can’t leave the forest, Kris and the rest had to bid goodbye earlier. When they went in the car, I could see the pain in Kris’s eyes. He was trying so hard to fight the tears that were threatening to reveal themselves.

 

As for me, I’m trying to put this brave face on even though this goodbye feels so heart-wrenching. EXO-K mess their little hairs up before giving them big hugs as a sign of see you soon. Kai gave them both kisses on their cheeks before whispering in their ears, “I promise when you come back, everything is going to be a whole lot better.”

 

In my head, I spoke, “Don’t make promises we can’t keep.” Kai’s eyes looked sideways to me and he just shrugged his shoulders.

 

I took both kids in my arms, hugging them so tight, our hearts were touching. “Dai, Hana, you two behave yourselves okay?”

 

Hana spoke with her head down, “I don’t get why we need to leave already.” Her voice began to shake, “Why can’t we stay home?”

 

Dai just glared at the floor, “I hate this. We just came home, and now we have to leave Daddy and you too?.”

 

“I know, I know, but you two get to go on vacation. You’ll get to meet more family out there in China. And if you like it there, maybe all of us can vacation in China sometime!”

 

Dai stared straight into my eyes and blurted “You promise?”

 

I grabbed his and Hana’s hands and made pinky swears with their fingers, “Promise.”

 

I gave them one last hugs and kisses before seeing them off and disappear into the boarding gates. I screamed "I love you!" as I faintly heard their replies. Soon as I saw that door close, we left in a hurry. I spent the rest of the car ride back home bawling into Kai’s chest, wondering, “Why did I do this to them?”

 

Once we got home, it was decided that training was to begin immediately. We all stepped outside and began to go over the basics of fighting. Suho and Kris went on-and-on about what to do if so-and-so happens, when your powers are most useful, and what techniques are best for certain types of fights.

 

As I was trying to supplement all this information into my brain, Makoto interrupted the boys, “I think we should do hands-on training so we can get the idea even better.”

 

As always, Kris agreed to it. He decided to pair Makoto and I against each other. If you ask me, I might enjoy slamming her to the floor. We stood right across each other, both keeping our stances firm and feet planted to the dirt floor. Kris glanced at us both before announcing, “Go!”

 

Makoto rushed to me immediately, but I swished around her like a ninja. I grabbed the back of her arm and neck and pushed her to the ground. Just as I was about to pin her, out of nowhere, she jumped off the floor and appeared right behind me. My arms were pulled behind me and I felt the base of her foot right on the back of my tricep. Great, I lost.

 

Usually, once we’re pinned like this, we release from each other and go over what each person did right and wrong. I was getting ready to release myself from Makoto’s grip, but strangely, she wouldn’t let go. Immediately, the second I moved, I felt my arms tighten behind me as her foot was pushing tighter into my back. I began to groan in pain because it felt like she was trying to break my back and arms. I even started to hear a crack.

 

“Makoto, let the hell go!” I screamed. All of EXO got up off the ground and rushed over to us. Kai pushed everyone away and lunged towards Makoto. He grabbed her and threw her off me. His push landed her straight into Kris’s arms. I collapsed on the ground as the sting in my back was shooting me horribly. I yelped, “LAY!”

 

Lay crouched down to me as he began to heal me. The pain was slowly subsiding until I could finally stand up. Still, I could feel that sense of what could have happened if she didn’t stop.

 

Once I brushed the dirt off, I lost it with Makoto. “What the is your problem?!?! Did you not hear the rules?!? Why were you trying to hurt me?!?”

 

Makoto stood mighty proud in front of Kris, “I was just doing what Kris and Suho said to do. Obviously, some of us need more practice.”

 

I could hear in Kai’s thoughts that he was ready to attack this girl, but I didn’t want him to have the satisfaction. I was getting ready to launch at Makoto, when Kris stood in the middle of us.

 

“Mi-Hyun, it was an accident. She wasn’t trying to hurt you on purpose.”

 

“Kris, she heard the sounds of me aching. She should know when to stop!”

 

Lay interrupted, “Kris, Makoto could have broken her back and arms. Don’t you care?!”

 

Makoto got in front of Kris, hands clasped together, pleading, “I wasn’t trying to hurt her! You believe me, don’t you Kris?”

 

I scoffed at her pathetic attempt for pity, but Kris put his hand on her shoulder and nodded his head. “I am not going to get mad at Makoto when it was just an accident. If I should get mad, it should be at Kai for pushing Makoto so roughly!”

I put my arm out because Kai had stepped forward to start another fight with Kris. Instead, I just sneered, “Unbelievable! You’re going to blame my brother when she was the one who tried to seriously hurt me?!? You know what, I’m out of here!”

 

I turned around and speed-walked into the woods. Kris yelled, “Where are you going?!” I replied, “To get some fresh air because I’m tired of this bull-!”

 

 

SUHO’S POV:

“I can’t believe her! She’s been losing her mind left and right lately!” Kris complained. “I gotta go get her.”

 

I stopped Kris in his tracks, “No, I’ll do it. She’s obviously pissed at you, so it’d be best if I go.”

 

Without hearing what Kris would say next, I ran deep into the forest looking for Mi-Hyun. It was about five minutes until I finally heard a faint crying sound. I walked closer until I was right at the peak of the sound. I looked around, but Mi-Hyun was no where. Then, I felt a drip on the top of my eyelid. I looked up to see Mi-Hyun hidden in her knees, muffling her sobs.

 

I climbed up the tree until I was right next to Mi-Hyun. Without stopping, she moved herself into my arms, letting out the hurt that Kris had cursed her with. I wrapped my arms around her waist, comforting her as I leaned my head on hers.

 

She blubbered, “Why is he loving me less now? Am I not good enough?”

 

I lifted her chin up, “No, you’re worth more than anything. He doesn’t deserve someone as amazing as you: a caring mother, a wonderful friend, and a beautiful mate. That bastard should be lucky that you’re his mate.”

 

Mi-Hyun sniffled, “Thank you, Suho. Lately, I’ve just felt so alone. I’ve even been wondering sometimes, why did Kris and I become each other mates?”

 

“I honestly don’t know, but can I tell you something?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“If you had been my mate, I would never treat you as Kris as treating you now. No girl would ever make me forget the kind of treasure I had been gifted with. If I was your mate, I would show you how much I love you everyday.”

 

Mi-Hyun giggled, wiping the tears from her eyes, before saying, “I had that with Kris, until she waltzed in into our lives.”

 

I showed my discontent over her statement because it was true. Kris was glued to Mi-Hyun before Makoto came along. Each and everyday, I see their relationship beginning to unstick, and it was sad to witness. Looking into Mi-Hyun’s eyes, she was feeling an immense amount of heart-break that she didn’t deserve what so ever.

 

At that moment, I held Mi-Hyun close in my arms, as she lay on top of me. I breathed in her sweet scent and smiled to myself. I know I have to bring her back, but just right now, I wanted to feel what it’d be like if Mi-Hyun was mine. Even though we both know that will never happen.

 

“I know you and I will never be anything more Suho, but I am forever in your gratitude for being here when I need you. I do love you, just like I love all of EXO.”

 

“I understand. I love you too, Mi-Hyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry I haven't been quick on updates. School and Work have been killing me. However, I finally finished my English project and I only got three days of school this week because of Thanksgiving Weekend. Therefore, hopefully I can update a whole lot more this week since I'll have lots of free time. Also, next week, I'm taking a vacation to see my family, so I wanna try to update as much as possible once I'll be busy with the family. Still, thanks always for commenting, subscribing, and upvoting. See you on the next update, saranghae <3 ^.^