Chapter 3

Bittersweet Change: Escape

 

Kris walked happily down the stairs and smiled when he saw me picking up the kids toys. He grabbed the toys out of my hands and put them in a box. "Isn't this nice?" He asked. "No kids, just you and me" He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He immediately lost his smile when he saw my face. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing" I flashed him a smile, but it was a pretty fake one.

"Oookaaay" He lifted me up in his arms and sat down on the couch with me in his lap. "Are we in that part of the relationship where we start lying to each other? Come on, puppy. It's me you're talking to, what's on your mind?" He asked as he my hair.

"A lot. You, the kids, EXO. I'm just worried... that one day i'm gonna wake up and i'm gonna be back in Japan in that orphanage".

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "If i had known about you sooner, i would have come and rescued you from that place. But trust me, i will never go anywhere without you".

"But... what if you find someone else? Another pretty wolf girl?"

"Babe, the only other female wolf i know that is pretty except you is our daughter" He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "No one is prettier than the two of you. So stop thinking like this, okay? I won't leave".

"Fine... but what about yesterday? I know i didn't dream that, it was really you, Kris. Well, obviously not you, but it was your face and all".

He shrugged. "Maybe you just don't remember sleeping. Or maybe you're stressed out? Do you need to rest? I read somewhere that pregnant woman needs a lot of rest".

"But i'm not pregnant anymore".

"Doesn't it count after you've given birth too?"

I laughed. "No, Kris. It doesn't" I put my hands on his cheeks and kissed him. "Kris?" I asked against his lips.

"Mmm?" He asked with his eyes closed.

"Do you know what we haven't done in a really long time?"

"What?" I could feel him smile against my lips and i smiled back.

"Hunting" I jumped off him and put on my shoes, leaving Kris on the couch, confused.

"What?"

"Come on! I really wanna go, Kris. It's been so long. Please?" 

He sighed. "I can't resist you. Alright, let's go".

 

We walked out and changed into our wolf forms.

 

"Now, just remember. Don't leave the territory".

"Kris, i know that already".

"I know that you know, but you can never be sure around here" He smiled. "Let's go".

 

The hunting lasted for about one hour and i wouldn't even call it hunting. Kris, being a lovestruck idiot scared our prey away. Eventually we both gave up and lied down in the grass in our human forms in each other's arms.

 

"Don't you think it's weird that our kids have no powers yet?" I asked as i listened to his steady heartbeat.

He my hair. "It will come, so don't worry about it. What you should worry about is being alone in the woods with the big bad wolf" He grinned at me.

 

I rolled my eyes and was about to say something when i heard Lay scream, or howl. I looked down at Kris and he had a painful expression on his face.

 

"Something is wrong" He stood up and ran as quickly as possible. I followed him until we came back to the house. I sighed in relief once i saw that the kids and EXO were all right. Our kids ran over to me and held onto my shirt.

"We found a human while hunting!" Dai said to me. 

Kris patted his head. "Go inside and stay with mommy, okay?" He looked at both our kids who nodded. Kris looked at me. "You too, stay inside".

"But Kris-"

"Stay" He said before walking over to EXO. I sighed and did what he told me to do. I sat the kids down with some toys, but all that was on my mind was what was going on outside.

 

A human in the woods? That's just too rare. No one ever goes in these woods, they're all afraid of the wolves and there are warning signs everywhere, so no human would ever come here, unless they have a death wish.