Chapter 10

Bittersweet Change: Escape

“I love you, Puppy, I always will.”

 

“I love you too, Kris.”

 

The voices were playing all over the forest, echoing through the trees. I was pacing around, trying to find the source.

 

“I love you, Puppy, I always will.”

 

“I love you too, Kris.”

 

The closer I got, the more I could identify the voices. I could tell it was Kris, but I couldn’t figure out the other voice. The more I followed the voices, the harder my heart was beginning to hurt. I was already feeling a sense of despair and hopelessness, almost as if I was being warned not to approach the noise. But my feet wouldn’t quit moving, and I found myself watching behind a tree, seeing Kris holding on to someone.

 

“I love you, Puppy, I always will.”

 

“I love you too, Kris.”

 

Kris held on to her, hands around her waist, kissing the top of her head. I couldn’t make out the face of the girl because she was hidden in the crook of his neck. I took a deep breath and slowly walked over to them. As soon as I took a step, the girl raised her head, revealing herself as Makoto.

 

I sank to the floor, screaming, “Kris, how could you?!?!” That didn’t stop him though, they kept repeating those two sentences, while Makoto evilly grinned at me, proud of what she has done. I tried to regain myself and run over to push them apart, but once I got to my feet, they were gone, out of my sight.

 

“Aww, poor poor Mi-Hyun. If only your precious Kris loved you enough to stay with you, then you wouldn’t be in this predicament as you are now.”

 

The menacing voice was rumbling through the forest, and I could easily tell who it was. I was going to run, but my feet were planted to the ground.

 

“You should have done something when you had the chance, but you’ve lost your mate. Now, you know how I feel.”

 

Right in front of me, Jonghyun stood tall in his wolf form, snarling at me with those sharp teeth of his. I could see his eyes burning with anger, wanting to come at me and tear me to shreds. Jonghyun stretched himself out and pushed himself off his back legs, charging at me with full force.

 

His pounce threw me flat on my back onto the crusty, cold dirt floor. I groaned in agony from Jonghyun’s paw stomping on my ribs.

 

“Say goodbye, Mi-Hyun. You can join hell with my love.”

 

I felt blackness starting to shadow me as the sound of my ribs were cracking much louder like fireworks. As I screamed my last scream, “You should have chosen me Mi-Hyun, I would have been there for.”

 

I opened my eyes from the sound. That voice. Why is it so familiar?

 

“Finish her Jonghyun, she deserves it for leaving me alone.”

 

Jonghyun snickered, “With pleasure.”

 

“AAAHHHHH!”

 

 

“AAHH!”

 

I sat up from bed, panting heavily as I tried to return my heart-rate back to normal. I looked around the room, realizing it was already morning. I shook again when Kris appeared right in my face, “Mi-Hyun, are you okay?!” His hands were on my shoulders, trying to keep my body from shaking.

 

I looked around him to see Luhan and Tao, worried painted on their faces. I put my head down, trying to recollect my sanity. That dream, it was so vivid. I thought I was going to die. But that’s not what was bothering me, it was seeing Kris and Makoto together; Kris holding her lovingly, not caring that he had cheated on me.

 

“Mi-Hyun, please talk to me, are you okay?’

 

I didn’t lift my head, but I murmured, “Yeah, just a nightmare is all.”

 

It felt more than a nightmare, almost like a vision of what could come. Even the impact of Jonghyun’s paw on my rib, I could still make out the pressure on my body.

 

Kris lifted my chin with his finger, giving me a peck on my lips, “Well, you’re awake now. That nightmare is long gone. It can’t hurt you anymore.”

 

“I know. Let me just get myself ready. The nightmare’s over, I’m awake now.”

 

I threw the covers off and got to my feet, but when I stood up, my knees were wobbling. I stumbled into Kris’ arms, capturing me just in time. Before Kris could react all crazy, I put my hand up, “I’m fine. I’m probably still a little bit shaken.”

Kris kept staring into my eyes, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. I just fake-smiled, trying my best not to let my thoughts go running amuck or else Kris could just read my mind and figure me out so well.

 

Kris sighed, “Alright. I’ll be waiting downstairs for you.”

 

Kris kissed me a bit harder on my lips before releasing himself. Luhan walked over and gave me a soft hug, leaning his forehead on my shoulder, “I hope you’re okay Mommy, you gave me a mini heart-attack when I heard you shriek.”

 

I patted his head, “I’m alright Luhan, but thanks for your concern.”

 

Tao walked over as well and joined the hug with Luhan and I. “Well, if you ever have a nightmare again, my room and bed is always open for you. I’d be more than happy with keeping you safe.”

 

Tao winked at me, around the same time Kris grabbed him by the back of shirt and pulled him away from me. He pushed him towards the door, snarling, “The only bed she’s sharing with is me or the kids. If I even see you trying to lure her into your room, I’ll rip your throat out and feed it to the birds. Got it?!”

 

Tao frantically shook his head before speeding back downstairs. Luhan was so nervous, he speed-walked out the room. Kris gave me a wink and a smirk before closing the door behind him.

 

I went to the bathroom to freshen myself up. I couldn’t get the nightmare out of my mind, so I had to somehow block it away and keep it locked up. I just want to forget that dream ever happened and focus on more important things, like how much I love a jealous Kris.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dai and Hana were playing with their coloring books. EXO were either playing video games, talking to each other, or playing some boardgames. Meanwhile, I was wrapped in Kris’s arms, my head leaned back on his warm chest, listening to his melody of a heartbeat.

 

Kris kissed the top of my head, whispering into my ear, “We need to do this more often. I’ve missed this “us” time.”

“Well, maybe later on, we can send everyone off and have that.”

 

I felt Kris’s heart skip a beat as he whispered again, “Alright. It’s a deal.”

 

Kris sat up and announced, “Okay everyone, I think EXO, excluding me, need to take my lovely children out for a while so Mommy and I can spend some alone time.”

 

I squeaked, “Kris!”

 

“So EXO, can you do me that favor?”

 

The boys all turned to each and nodded their heads. Suho went over to the kids and told them to get their stuff so they could have a day with their EXO uncles’. Before the kids were about to leave, the front wooden door opened. Makoto stepped inside, her hair a little disheveled.

 

“Morning everyone!”

 

We all stared at her, one eyebrow up, wondering why she randomly popped in just now.

 

“Sorry if I look like a mess, I went out for a run this morning, my hair getting all messed up from the wind.”

 

Kris lifted me off from him and got up from the couch, “It’s okay, Makoto. Fresh air is always good. EXO were just about to head out with the kids, why don’t you join them?”

 

“Oh, what about you and Mi-Hyun?”

 

I then stood up, “Actually, Kris and I are just going to have some quality time together. Just him and I. Kris and I. No one else.” Could I have been more obvious?

 

“Oh, well I was going to suggest that since today is really sunny outside, maybe we could all have a swim day out in the lake. I checked the water, it’s perfect!”

 

Hana ran over to me and pleaded, “Oh please, Mommy and Daddy, that’s sounds like fun!”

 

With Suho’s hand in his, Dai agreed, “Yes, please, can we all go swimming?”

 

I was about to open my mouth so I could explain how everyone else should go, but, “That’s a great idea, Makoto. Everyone get suited up!” Kris interrupted.

 

You’ve got to be kidding me. All of EXO, Makoto, and the kids took off so they could get ready. Kris grabbed my hand and rushed me upstairs to get ready. I did not want at all to go swimming, especially with Makoto around for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPLISH! SPLASH!

EXO were acting just as childish as the children were; playing chicken-fight and throwing water at each other. I was happier than before because Makoto decided not to join. She revealed that her time-of-the-month came by so she wanted to take a well-needed rest. That was good news to me because I didn’t want Kris to see her in a bikini. I don’t need competition.

 

So, I had my legs wrapped around my Okami’s waist as he gave me light feather kisses on my neck. I missed his touch. Kris squeezed the back of my thighs, making me squeal at a minimum sound. I put my forehead on his, pecking him over and over again on those soft, supple lips of his.

 

“Well, hopefully next time, we can have that one-on-one time. I really need to get a taste of you again, my Puppy.”

 

I blushed, “Hopefully soon. Once everything goes back to normal.”

 

“I promise Baby, things are going to be okay-“

 

“KRIS!!!”

 

 

 

 

I never get the time to do this by wall profile of each subscriber, so I want thank everyone of you who are followng along, upvoting, commenting, and subscribing to Bittersweet Change: Escape. As always, I'm thankful that CK0330 bestowed her story to me, and I'm trying as best as I can to make her sequel worthwhile. Thanks for the support, and keep reading on :)