Chapter 2

Bittersweet Change: Escape

 

"Why am i always the one to clean up after them?" I mumbled as i picked up the kids' toys. Kris and EXO had taken them out to do some more hunting and teaching them wolf things while i was stuck inside here in the house. Once i was done picking up the toys, i went into the kitchen and sighed.

 

The whole sink was filled, just waiting to be cleaned and whose job was that? Mine. "The joy of being a housewife" I said as i walked over to the sink and started cleaning. A few minutes passed and i was so into the cleaning that i didn't notice the person sneaking up on me. I shrieked when i felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. I sighed in relief as i put a hand over my heart. "Kris!"

He smiled. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you, honey" He pecked my cheek and raised a brow at the dishes. "Need help?"

I nodded. "Can you dry?" He silently walked over to them and started to dry them. "So where's the kids? With EXO?"

"Eh... yeah".

"How long?" He shrugged, totally focused on the plate he was drying. "Hmm..." I continued washing them and smiled. "When we're done here, wanna have some fun?"

His eyes widened and he glanced at me sideways and gulped. He fixed himself and went back to focus on the drying. "N-no".

"No?" I raised a brow at him. "Since when did you pass on a quickie with me? You're not getting tired of me, are you?" I giggled and hip bumped him, but he remainded like a statue, just drying the dishes. My smile disappeared and i put the plate back in the water and walked over to him. "Kris? You okay?" I lifted my hand to some of his hair away from his face, but he backed away from my hand. 

He put the glass down and wiped his hands. "I'll go back to the kids" He turned around and left the house. I glanced after him.

"Okay... that was weird" I shrugged it off and went back to the dishes. 

 

One hour later i was resting on the couch when i heard the door open and the house got filled with loud noises. 

 

"Me first! Me first!" I heard Dai yell before hearing small steps running up the stairs. I sat up from the couch and saw Kris closing the door with a smile on his face. He walked over to me and pecked me on the lips.

"I'm home".

"Yeah, i can see that" I got up from the couch. "What was that about today though? Why did you disappear like that?" I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're... not really tired of me, are you?"

"Huh?" He looked at me confused. He put his hands on my waist. "How could i ever be tired of you?"

I looked down at my feets. "Well... you've never passed on having fun with me before..."

He chuckled. "Why would i ever do that?" He pulled me closer to his body. "Are you asking right now?"

I shook my head. "No, but i asked you that today when you asked if you could help me clean the dishes. You then suddenly just stormed out of the house".

He raised a brow at me. "Did i ask if i could help with the dishes? And turned down ?" He shook his head. "Mi Hyun, does that sound like me?"

"No, but it was you. That's why i thought..." I played with the buttons on his shirt, slowly ing them, one by one. "You were tired of me".

He smiled and kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his warm and comfortable chest that i loved so much. He kissed the top of my head and rested his head on top of mine. "You're my mate, Mi Hyun. There is no one else for me. You're the girl... no, the woman of my dreams, the mother of my kids. You'd think i would get tired from that?"

"You were the one who said that mates don't always love each other".

He pulled away so he could look at my face. "You don't love me?"

"You know i do. But..." I bit my bottom lip and looked down. "Do you love me?"

He sighed and lifted my face up so i had no choice but to look at him. "Of course i do" He said softly. "I love no one but you. There's no one i love more than you. Well, except our kids" He grinned. "You three are my life. Without all of you, my life would be so empty" He lied down on the couch and pulled me down with him. He moved some locks out of my face. "You must have dreamt it all, because there is no way i would turn down a goodie time with my puppy" He shifted places so he was on top of me and took of his shirt that i had managed to . He leaned down and smirked. "I'd like that quickie right now, please".