ix.

100 Days of Chanel

100 Days of chanel             9                                                                                                                                      


 

 

 

Gikwang had most likely went to the OBGYN with a noticeably pregnant Jeesun this morning, and his face was washed over with a twinge of guilt. I had noticed the two when I was walking out of my dorm room and she was standing there, right in front of Gikwang's door and he was walking out. Jeesun was wearing a flowing summer dress, which was the color of a soft pastel purple. She was actually a beautiful girl, hair flowing down to her waist and milky skin that perfectly accented her cat shaped hazel eyes. Her face changed to ultimate happiness when Gikwang had walked out, and he had only showed her a small grin.

 

 

When I closed my dorm room and locked it with a click, the couple looked at me and I nodded to them, signaling a hello. “Hello,” Jeesun replied, bubbly in behavior. Gikwang only stared at me and then the two walked off. He had a manila folder in his hand and Jeesun was confidently holding her stomach, most likely trying to mock the women that lived on campus Gikwang had pursued.

 

 

I sighed and wished that he wasn't as stubborn as he was. But I obviously couldn't change that. But I had better things to do though, instead of sulking about Gikwang, which was have lunch with Chanel at Casa Nolita, in Gangnam. I straightened out my blue cardigan and headed out the main door of SNU's dorm building.

 

 

Driving down the streets of Seoul, I look out the window while at a stoplight. There was a couple walking down the street holding hands. I turn my attention back on the road and I grin. Just seeing couples in public showing affection for each other made me smile. It was unusual for me, since I didn't used to do that a while ago. And every time I saw a couple I thought about her. I didn't know what was going on between Chanel and I. A relationship, I don't know. Dating and seeing where it took us, I didn't know that either.

 

 

I mean, I had my hopes high.

 

 

When I had reached back to my dorm room that night of my birthday, a bit drunk and an aching headache coming on strong, I managed to smile through all of that. I had thought Kim Jongdae had thought of all of this, but then I doubted it. Chanel was there not because of him. And the usual bickers of my obnoxious friends were non existent. Maybe it was because they were drunk too.

 

 

Exiting my car, I stand in the parking lot of Casa Nolita, looking left to right. I blocked my eyes from the bright sunlight of mid-afternoon. Almost immediately, I noticed Chanel sitting outside under the restaurant patio, gazing at her iPhone through her dark aviator sunglasses. The moment I slammed my car door, she looked up and a large cheeky grin washed across her face. I smile back and was welcomed by a hug from her. Chanel's hair was pulled back into a slick ponytail this time and her outfit only consisted of a pair of blue jean shorts and a dainty white blouse that fitted her well.

 

 

“Hey you,” she says while taking off her sunglasses. I take a seat across from her and she places her phone next to her, face down. “I see you still look nice after your little birthday fiasco last night.” A male waiter had then placed a fresh glass of water on the table. Looking up, about to thank him, his eyes kept staring at the both of us, clearly surprised to not know what to say. “A couple of minutes please.” She then had sent him away nicely.

 

 

“Well...” I reply slowly after that incident. “...you invited me here, I tried to look my best.”

 

 

“Don't you always?” She smiles and takes a sip of her drink and slides an envelope towards me across the table. I gaze at it for a moment, then she nudges it to me some more “Go on, open it.” She was giving me a playful smirk and I take the envelope in my hands. “Don't even think about giving it back.”

 

 

My name was written neatly in Hangul with a small heart on the pastel yellow paper. My index finger breaks the seal on the back flap of the envelope. The moment I see the cash inside I place it down. “Chanel,” I say, breathing out, looking at her amused face. “You don't have to give this to me.”

 

 

“It's basically a tip, for teaching Chad. I really appreciate it. I noticed at his first piano recital that he was doing great. Quite amazing for a thirteen year old.” I look down at the opened envelope again. “I told you not to decline it remember?”

 

 

“A simple thank you is fine for me.”

 

 

“Please?” Chanel had did a small cute pout. I smiled, looking down at the table. I couldn't say no to her, not even if it was to save my life. “Just take it.” I take the envelope and place it in my pocket.

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

“No problem.” Chanel begins to lean in across the table and she uses her index finger to signal me to come over to her. “C'mere,” she says cutely.

 

 

Leaning in closer she plants a small kiss on my lips. I my lips, asking for another and she obliges. My hand travels to Chanel's smooth face and I caress her cheek, she smiles against my lips and pulls away quick. I could just feel my face getting warm. It was still a bit embarrassing, blushing over every little thing she does. Sitting there, her hand had now rested on mine and without even thinking I blurt out, “What are we?”

 

 

Chanel gives me a questioning look and I stare at her, looking for her honest answer. But before she could even answer, the rude waiter from earlier had already came back with his pad, awaiting our orders. I decided to let it go and I leaned back into my seat, her hand was now alone and I had begin to say to the waiter what I wanted.

 

 

After the small meal, Chanel and I had walked away from the small Italian restaurant, heading to our cars. She held my hand again, and her head was leaning against my shoulder. And for a small moment of time, I thought that we were an actual couple. I didn't want to ask again, it would've been too awkward for me to handle.

 

 

“Thank you for paying,” Chanel says to me as we halt in the middle of the parking lot. “I'm not trying to all your money out from you.” Chanel grins and I smile back.

 

 

“It's fine, I'm supposed to pay anyways.”

 

 

“I'm visiting my father here in Gangnam today.”

 

 

“Not too far, huh?” Chanel nods her head.

 

 

“Maybe later on we could get a drink. Only if you want...”

 

 

“Hmm...” I give her a playful smirk and she begins to giggle again. Her hands trail up my arm and they stay there. “I'll think about it.” Chanel pouts and I shake my head. “Of course I'll go.”

 

 

“Well, I have to go alright?” I nod, understanding and she walks closer to me.

 

 

Chanel's arms trail around my neck again and just like instinct my hands pull her closer to me. I lean in, my lips, and kiss her roughly. Her body smelled so good and it felt so soft. I wanted more. But I had to remember we were in public, right in the middle of a parking lot. I felt my hair being played with by her fingers and she pulled back playfully. Chanel backed up with her usual flirty smile and waved at me. “See you later Dongwoon.” I stand there, mind in a daze as she cutely struts to her light blue Kia Forte. Dongwoon, what have you gotten yourself into?

 

Ж

 

I stare at my friend in shock, trying to figure out when the old Yang Yoseob went away. Ever since the incident with his father's dinner party, Yoseob had been acting nonchalant towards a lot of things. The days at work were neutral, his conversations were no where near exciting as they usually were. It were as if Yoseob was shutting down on the inside, not wanting anyone knowing about anything. I felt sorry for him and I couldn't even imagine the things that went through his head about his parents.

 

 

His eyes looked glazed over, and his teeth were showing a bit much through his constant smiling. I wanted to know what was up with this guy. He fluffed his now light brown hair and smiled wide. Resting my hands on the piano keys I continue gazing at his new hairstyle. “You like?” Yoseob sat in a tall stool chair and waited for my reply, which I was still trying to think of one. “I got it done on Friday after work.”

 

 

“Why?” This was the question Yoseob didn't want me to answer. I could tell how his cheerful demeanor changed to a more serious one. He didn't answer me right away, all he did was look down. “Yoseob—“

 

 

“I...I made an audition.” Taken back by the sudden news, I shift my body from my wooden piano stool to his direction. Yoseob didn't look quite happy about it. I would have thought he would be telling everyone from left to right. “I was going to tell you but I decided to tell you with the new hairstyle.”

 

 

“I mean...what, what company are you signed to? When did this even happen?”

 

 

“A couple of weeks ago.” Yoseob stared back to the floor again. It felt like he was scared to tell me. “I'm with Cube, Cube Entertainment. I somehow managed to get through the auditions when they called me back two days later. I'm supposed to start training in a month or two. I didn't get clarifications yet.”

 

 

I sit there, mind still going a bit blank on what to say. I could tell being a trainee was hard, I didn't want one of my best friends to go through that suffering. Standing up from my seat, I walk towards him and give him a slight hug. Yoseob laughed, trying to push me away from him and I ruffled his hair. “Yah! Stop it! I'm trying to keep my hairstyle in tact!”

 

 

“Already have the idol personality, huh?” I joke, earning a laugh from him.

 

 

A small knock came from the door and suddenly, a small petite girl came walking in with a guy. My heart drops and I freeze, watching the two. It was Eun Ae and Junhyung. They were holding hands. My gaze switches to Yoseob, who was just standing there, staring. His expression was blank and stone cold.

 

 

“Hey Dongwoon,” Junhyung smirks and gives me his usual handshake. I wasn't fully enthusiastic to give him the handshake either. “It's been a while since I've seen you on the job.”

 

 

“Uh, yeah it has.” His eyes look over to Yoseob, who was staring at him. “Who's this guy?” Junhyung points at Yoseob, rudely. “Staring a bit much, isn't he?”

 

 

“Um, Dongwoon?” Eun Ae speaks softly to me and hands me a golden colored folder. I look on both sides of the folder and open it up with paper work and an envelope. “I'm sorry I can't take lessons from you anymore.”

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

“I just changed my mind...” Eun Ae trails off. Junhyung protectively pulls her into him and pops a cigarette in his mouth.

 

 

“See ya later, Woon.” Junhyung and Eun Ae walk out of the room. I swallow and turn back to Yoseob, who was staring at the floor.

 

 

Within a couple of minutes, Yoseob storms out of the room slamming the door behind him.

 

 

Ж

 

Walking back to my dorm room, I sigh and struggle to find my keys. I heard a loud shift on the opposite side of me, coming down the hallways. I lift an eyebrow and lower my hand away from the door knob. Walking back down the hallway, I see Doojoon throwing a trash bag out in the hallway. I walk towards his room, door opened slightly and see everything cleaned out. Doojoon must have saw me and he stopped in is tracks.

 

 

“I may have to leave soon.” It was as if we were having a normal conversation. Like nothing was wrong.

 

 

“What?” I stand there, shocked. He was carrying things so nonchalantly, not caring about anything. “You got another letter what's going on?”

 

 

“I can't afford the summer sessions. They're trying to kick me out, Dongwoon.” As much as I hated to think about it, Doojoon should have studied harder. I place my hand on my forehead and lean against the wall. Doojoon pulls out his suitcase and places it against the wall. I wanted to shake him and ask him why he never tried harder and earn better grades when there's people who would kill to be at this university.

 

 

“Hey, what's going on?”

 

Doojoon and I turn and see Hyunseung, Gikwang and Junhyung standing there, clearly unamused.

 


 


Another update woooo! I'm trying to update as soon as I can! I'm still so excited about my poster! Thank you for all the subscribers so far and the upvotes! I truly love it! And as always subscribe, upvote and comment please!