iv.

100 Days of Chanel

100 DAYS OF CHANEL                                                                           4


 

 

 

 

I stepped inside the music building, my work bag on one shoulder and my phone in my hand. Right off top I notice Yoseob engaging in a conversation to whom it seemed like a young girl in her teens. Lifting an eyebrow, I begin to walk past them and I must have caught Yoseob's attention because he began calling my name endlessly. I turn around and notice the short girl staring at me. As I walked towards them I hear Yoseob say, “This is one of my good friends Dongwoon. Dongwoon this is Eun Ae.”

 

“Hi,” I say, just staring. “You're one of Yoseob's friends?”

 

“Ah yes,” she says, smiling at him exposing her deep dimples. “He was telling me about the piano lessons you give to certain age groups. Thirteen to eighteen right?” I nod, agreeing with her. “Well I, um, was wondering could you give me lessons even if I was twenty one. I would really appreciate it if you could. H-here's my number if you're interested in teaching me!” I could barely understand her talking because she was talking so fast. Eun Ae bowed respectively. Holding the small white card in my hand I gazed at it, then switching my gaze to Yoseob.

 

“Listen, I know what you're thinking!” Yoseob puts his hands up innocently. “But Eun Ae found out about the business and began looking for teachers who still do it.” He leaned over the counter a bit and lowered his voice. “Since you look sixteen, possibly we can get you in.” I stared at him and shook my head slightly. “Dongwoon?”

 

I hesitated. I knew this was wrong but the idea of having extra money in my pocket was better than ever. Eun Ae looked so innocent and so vulnerable that no one would even suspect a thing. Her big eyes and long hair made her look twice as young as she actually was. “Fine. Just tell me when you get the paper work in.” I walked off towards my room.

 

I sigh and place my things on my desk and flick the light switch on. Seeing that I was jeopardizing my job over this small lie, I had to sigh again. I stared at my grand piano just sitting there. Ruffling my hair, I then sat down and stared at the white piano keys. Pressing one slightly, I then began playing a classic song by Beethoven, Moonlight Sonata. Relaxing my tense shoulders, I let my fingers flow and I closed my eyes.

 

Chanel appeared in my mind. Her smile, her beautiful natural hair and almond shaped eyes made my my heart do an unusual turn. For the past couple of days I've felt like I've been closer to Chanel than I had ever thought I would be. She was the type that would be envied by other females and loved by other guys. Well, that's what I think. If she ever had the time to even think about me being a potential...something I don't know...then I would be so shocked. I'm not the best when it comes to relationships. I'm just Dongwoon. I'm just...me. Unrequited love was my first thought when I began to like her and I couldn't shake the fact out of my mind that maybe something could happen. Dammit Dongwoon, you know that can't happen.

 

Slowing down the melody of the song, I eventually stopped. I placed my hands on my forehead, propping my elbows on the keys making a loud horrible sound. “Ugh, what am I thinking?”

 

Ж

 

I grab my keys from my pocket and found the correct key to open my dorm. Me jiggling my keys eventually stopped when I heard a conversation next door to me. The voice sounded like Hyunseung's, but I couldn't put m finger on it. I stood still for a moment, meddling. I know I shouldn't have been doing this but I couldn't resist eavesdropping.

 

 

“...I don't know if the timing would be right I mean he's not gonna take it well. Well yeah... guess he'll understand. I'm not that ready to confess, Soo Mi. Why? Because it's not that easy to confess to someone that will judge you! It's not like he's open minded. You don't know him like I do...”

 

Startled, I quickly studied the ground, trying to put together what I was hearing. Quickly forcing my key into the lock I stepped inside and slammed the door. I leaned against it and took a deep breath. My ears were playing tricks on me. They had to be. If I started to assume my mind would be jumping in the forbidden dark corners of my twisted mind. Hyunseung was one of my best friends. I couldn't make a complete judgment like that.

 

Looking around my room, I saw how messy my floors were and I decided to clean. Even though it was almost eleven, I needed to get some things off of my mind. I placed my black bag down on the floor against the wall and switch on the television, making myself comfortable. I begin picking up trash and dirty clothes off the floor. I take off my shirt and threw it on my small twin sized bed. Suddenly, I heard a knock at my door.

 

I walk over cautiously and opened the door. Hyunseung was on the other side, gazing at me. I noticed his eyes lower slightly and I could feel him staring at my topless chest. “Um,” he began, clearing his throat. “There's someone who wants to see you.” Before I could ask who, Chanel pops up behind him and waves. I freeze and I instantly hide behind my door. Hyunseung forms a peace sign towards me and walks back into his room.

 

Chanel stares at me curiously and smiles. “Sorry to interrupt you.” She stood there with her arms behind her back. “...I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go the Chuncheon International Mime Festival with me next weekend?” I stared at her and noticed how her usual attire, which was usually stylish, was basically sweatpants and a hoodie. I tried to cover my topless chest but it was no use. Chanel began fiddling with the string of her navy blue SNU hoodie. A look of sincere apology appeared on her face. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have came so late. I probably should have asked in class tomorrow.”

 

“Oh, it's fine. I was just...caught off guard a little.” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Want to come inside? These walls are kinda thin.” She grinned and stepped inside, gazing around the room. I bit my bottom lip, blaming myself for not cleaning up earlier. “Sorry for the mess.” I nervously laughed. “I was looking for something.”

 

“It's fine,” she replied, taking a small seat on my unmade bed. “The festival was next Saturday just to let you know. I had just remembered that the tickets I bought for my friend and I...well she can't really go still. She has to go to a funeral.” Her head was down and her long hair was past her shoulders.

 

I remembered Chanel saying her friends mother was very sick. Hearing the sad news made me stand back for a moment and frown. I could see that Chanel was somewhat hurt about the situation. “I'm sorry to hear that.” I walk over and pick up the wooden chair sitting at my commuter desk. I set it in front of Chanel and sit across from her.

 

“But anyways!” She perked up and tried to smile again, although it looked a bit more melancholy than her usual one. “I have an extra ticket if you wanted to come. If not well, I'll just go by myself and sell the other one.” I grinned at her.

 

“Of course I would go with you. I wouldn't want you going alone at all. That would be find of dangerous.” And that was when I noticed Chanel smile beautifully. Not a touch of sadness was seen and I knew that I most likely had made her night. “So that's all you had to tell me, huh?” Chanel stood up from the bed.

 

“Well...” Her flirtatious side peeked out of her. “We still have that book cafe plan going on tomorrow, right?” She began walking to the front door. I followed her. “I mean if you still was interested.”

 

“Yes! Yes. I'm down for anything...” Chanel turned around backwards and gazed at me. I swallowed hard and looked into her eyes. I notice a small touch of redness spread across her face and tried to cover my shirtless body again. I had completely forgot I was almost half in front of her. “I mean, I'll do everything for you—I-I mean—“ Chanel interrupted me with her laughter.

 

“I get it Dongwoon.” She lifted her arm and squeezed my arm muscle and I slightly flinched at her soft touch. “Nice pecks. See you tomorrow.” Chanel winked and turned around walking away. I waved back and smiled. Leaning into the doorway, I watch her walk off until I couldn't see her anymore. Then, I see Doojoon walking out of his dorm. He noticed Chanel and then saw me, obviously shirtless. My eyes widened and I slammed my door. Locking it, I put all my weight against it.

 

Silence. There was silence.

 

BANG

 

BANG

 

BANG

 

Until a loud bang almost made me jump. “Dongwoon!!” Doojoon's loud obnoxious voice filled my ears. I bit my bottom lip and clenched my fists. “Open up!” The annoying banging became louder. I sighed and grabbed the doorknob. Opening it slowly, Doojoon stood there. He put his hand on his hips and then looked back, pointing his finger to the empty hallway. His eyes trailed up and down my shirtless self. “...Who was that?”

 

“Who?” Doojoon made an annoyed face and rolled his eyes.

 

“The black girl. She came out of your room. You were shirtless.” I started laughing. Doojoon was obviously confused and he crossed his arms. “There wasn't anything going on was there?” Laughing again, this time nervously, I slowly begin to close the door of my dorm room. I sighed and slid down the door, closing my eyes. I needed rest, for the better.

Ж

 

Today's session was long and intimidating. Instead of the usual lessons of schizophrenia and phobia, it was just a basic study hall. The group was silent and the constant sounds of pages shuffling were filling my ears. Professor Gho was standing at his podium and shuffling papers around. I noticed him sip some of his green tea. I twirled my mechanical pencil in the air between my fingers and I gazed down at Chanel.

 

Her long brown hair was spilling over her turquoise button down. I knew I was gazing long and hard, but I had an advantage. Gazing back into my books, I began writing down notes and trying to memorize the excessive work that was going to be on this final. Stealing glances at her, I bite my bottom lip. I sigh. I couldn't even concentrate. Stealing yet another glance back at Chanel, I noticed her staring at me. I could tell she was surprised and she pulled a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. I smiled back. I had to concentrate. The finals were one of the biggest things to happen to me this year. I couldn't let a beautiful face keep me occupied.

 

After class, I collected my things and didn't even decide to wait for the guys. Chanel was waiting for me. I noticed her friends were there this time and they gazed at me. I felt like I was being judged, but I've been getting a lot of those looks from a few other people here lately. Chanel stood up and grabbed her tote bag.

 

“Bye guys, I'll be back later,” she said in English, giving a small finger wave and grinning. The two girls, who I know now are Jennifer and Regina, waved back and winked at both of us. “C'mon,” Chanel said to me, grabbing my wrist.

 

This was a first. I felt my face getting hot and I looked away from her. I knew she was eager to get to the book cafe, but I didn't know this much. I stared at her perfect manicured fingernails and sensed a small tighter grip to my wrist. Her hand covered my watch and I think she sensed this because she looked down and quickly snatched her hand away. “I'm sorry,” she began, smiling. “I wanted to get out of there. They were starting to become smothering.”

 

I chuckled and agreed. “Yeah I could see the winks and the kisses.” And I actually did. The only thing I was worried about was if anyone but me saw the two girls. Her cat eyes grew into a surprised expression.

 

“Oh my gosh, you saw that?!” She covered . “They're such big goofballs, I swear.” I could sense Chanel was embarrassed. Her slightly blushing face was absolutely adorable. “They don't understand a simple book cafe date. The word date must have gotten to them.” My eyes widened a little.

 

“A date, hm?” She looked up at me and smirked. “I didn't know a date consisted of book reading.” I managed to make her laugh this time. Her laughing caused her to walk into me and lean her head against my arm. To my surprise she remained close to me and I wrapped an arm around her and rested it over her shoulder. We continued walking down the halls towards the stairwell, which led to the top floor. “I'm actually pretty excited about the mime festival.”

 

“I heard the performances are amazing! Who knew mimes that don’t even talk are such an interesting thing to watch?”

 

Walking towards the stairwell entrance, I opened the door for her and she swiftly walked in first. Walking in behind her we both begin to ascend up the stairs. “I figured the elevators were going to be cramped. I didn't want you to be uncomfortable,” I say. “Is this fine?”

 

“Oh it's perfectly fine.” Chanel gave me her usual smile and continued walking up the stairs.

 

The moment we arrived at the front door of the book cafe, students were pouring out of the place. Some were just messing around while most were carrying books in their hands. The place was crowded as expected. No seats were even available for Chanel and I to lounge on. That didn't stop her though. Chanel cutely walked up to the horror and science fiction section set of books. I followed her, maneuvering through the small crowds of people. My eyes focused on her reading.

 

Hanging out with Chanel these past couple of days were some of the best days of my life. I wouldn't have ever though she would take the time out to even hang with a guy like me. I mean what was so special about me anyways? She peeked her eyes over the top part of the book she was holding and winked at me. My face was flushed. I could feel it.

 

“Didn't know you was into this kind of stuff,” I said. Chanel closed the book and placed it back on the shelf.

 

“You don't like it?” A disappointed look washed over her face. I quickly shook my head.

 

“No, I love it.” A beautiful smile appeared on her face after I said that. “I like a couple of horror stories myself.” Picking up a book, I opened it and skimmed through some of its contents. “I scare myself though. I remember reading something when I was younger and I couldn't even go to sleep that night.”

 

“You just gotta know it's not real, of course.” She picked up another book. “I noticed after I left your dorm last night, I heard some familiar yelling.” My eyes widened a bit. “I didn't get you in trouble did I?” I chuckled nervously.

 

“Um, not necessarily. Doojoon is just a person who meddles that's all.” I placed the book in my hands back on the shelf. “I enjoyed your company.”

 

“I'm glad,” she replied. Right when I was grabbing for another book, Chanel tried to grab the exact same one. We both turned our heads to each other. She stared at me with a flirtatious grin. Her hand grazed over mine and she brushed her thumb over the face of my watch. Holding my breath, I saw her stare at my facial expression.

 

Chanel giggles and says, “You're so cute when you blush, Dongwoon.”

 

Oh yeah? Well you're cuter.


Comment, subscribe and upvote! Tell people about this story too! I would appreciate it! Everyone loves a nice love story :) I love all my subcribers very much, your comments motivate me :) New update soon!

<3