viii.

100 Days of Chanel

100 DAYS OF CHANEL                                    8


 

 

 

 

The movie was most likely over when I walked inside her small dorm. I noticed how the usual sheets on the beds were replaced a soft yellow comforter and small Polaroids were plastered on her walls. Small decorative lanterns were on the ceilings. I had to admit, it was more festive than my room by a long shot. Chanel had taken a seat on the hardwood floor with her back against the side of her bed. She pat she empty spot next to her, gesturing me to sit next to her. I kindly place myself next to her with my suit jacket in my lap. She was sitting cris-crossed, taking a sip of her juice. I watched her as her plump lips pressed against the plastic container. I bit my bottom lip slightly, just staring at the sight.

 

 

“How was the party?” Chanel asked me, and I quickly snapped out of it. She was looking at me now. “It seemed a bit quick for a type of party like that.”

 

 

“Well Yoseob and I left early...” I didn't want to go into the details that happened earlier. It wasn't either mine or Chanel's business either. “I had work in the morning so, it was best to leave early.”

 

 

“I understand,” Chanel says, placing her drink down. She gazes at me and grins. “Dongwoon, when's your birthday?” I looked at her, curious on why she asked something so random. And to be honest, I had almost forgotten my birthday for a moment.

 

 

“It's in three days. June 6th.” Chanel's eyes widened. “Yeah I know. I'm turning 21.”

 

 

“A-are you doing anything? Like a party?” I shake my head no. And really to be honest, I didn't want one. I wanted my night to consist of a couple of drinks, my friends and now suddenly...Chanel. But of course, my birthday always consisted of either Doojoon or Junhyung dragging me out into a nightclub somewhere in Seoul just to celebrate. The night club life was a bit of an over rated experience. And for me, I would rather be with Chanel instead of going to a club any day.

 

 

“I really wanted to stay in this year, y'know. Like have a small little get together in my dorm.”

 

 

“Well, that would be nice. But what about a house party?”

 

 

“House party?” I think for a second, it's a bit less wilder than a night club. My experiences with house parties in high school were a bit of a blur. “Um, maybe. Why? You have one in mind?”

 

 

“Well...” Chanel gave me another flirtatious glance. “There's a guy around campus who throws one usually every year. I went to some when I was in high school. He usually invites a lot of people that go here and other schools. You should go! I'm going.”

 

 

“Maybe, I'll think about it.” Chanel pouts and it makes me smile a bit. She grabs my hand and begins playing with my fingers. I hold my breath in slightly, gazing at her the entire time.

 

 

“You should go anyway, I would really like it.”

 

 

She guides my hand down to her bare thigh and stop I my tracks. Chanel had the same look on her face from the other night, curiosity and eagerness. I swallow quickly, trying to cure my dry mouth. Her eyes traveled down to the small exposed area of my chest. It was as if that night was replaying itself all over again. I actually had a second chance with her. Silence had filled the room again and I glanced down at Chanel's finger tracing circles on my exposed chest. Her bare plump lips poke out and I bite and mine in response, thinking about how soft they were. And my mind goes blank as I lean in closer to her.

 

 

My arms maneuver themselves so I'm grasping Chanel's soft face. She looked eager and curious. But I in a small portion of breath to get me back to where we stopped. Her short cautious breaths ceased and as soon as I began to brush my lips against hers—

 

 

A loud vibration shakes the bed, and I turn my head, eyes staring at a ringing iPhone. . Chanel looks away and stares at the phone in her hands. A wave of annoyance spreads across her face and she sighs. I look down and sigh. Picking up my suit jacket, I stand and wait for Chanel to reply back to whoever she was talking to. She then stood up and fiddled with her fingers, looking down. I could tell she looked ashamed. It was the most likely reason we were here in the first place. Kissing, that's it.

 

 

“I gotta go,” I say, walking to the door. Chanel follows me and grabs my hand.

 

 

“I'm...I'm sorry,” she breathes out, looking at me. Only giving her a faint smile, I assure her everything's fine and I walk out.

 

 

Ж

 

 

And when the day of my birthday came, I had gotten a text from her. It wasn't early in the morning, it was more when I was on my way to the so called party Chanel told me about with Junhyung, Gikwang, Hyunseung and Doojoon. Usually when college parties went down, they always took place at someone's home. SNU was actually very strict about the no party policy on their campus. The moment we arrived at the apartment complex, I could understand why.

 

 

Several lines of cars were parked along the narrow roads, and the top floor of the apartment building was brightly glowing, showing the dancing shadows in the balcony windows. I looked up and see people walking out to the balcony, drinks in their hand. “Dongwoon, you're finally 22 right? You can drink as much as you want,” Junhyung slapped his hand down on my arm hard and I glared at him. My goal wasn't necessarily to get drunk, I was hoping to see Chanel here.

 

 

The moment all of us step inside the large apartment complex, college students were holding red plastic cups in their hands and staring at all of us. I walk in slowly, taking in the large sight of people dancing and mingling in the home. Loud bass of hip hop music pumped through my chest and I gazed from left to right, eyes piercing and watering through the smoke filled rooms. I stuck by Junhyung's side as he went over and greeted the maker of this party, the one and only Kim Jongdae.

 

 

Kim Jongdae was the usual guy girls loved. He was one of the best soccer players on SNU campus and the comedic person also. His sense of charm and humor always captivated women left to right. Although, I've only met him a couple of times last year, I was kind of sad to hear that this was his last year here. He was leaning against the wall, hand in pocket and staring at his successful party. I noticed his cheetah print button down, covering his white t-shirt and skinny black pants and Vans. Although this guy wore some daring stuff, girls seemed to love him.

 

 

“Jongdae!” Gikwang exclaims and wraps an arm around the older one's shoulder. He had a red plastic cup in his hand and his hair was slightly stuck to his face with sweat, most likely from dancing. Junhyung, Hyunseung, Doojoon and I follow behind the excited, fan boying Gikwang. “I haven't seen you all around campus!”

 

 

“I've been on the low,” Jongdae replies, sipping a little of his drink. He sets his eyes on me and grins. “Who's your friend?”

 

 

“Dongwoon,” I say and he shakes my hand.

 

 

“He's the birthday boy,” Junhyung says, nudging Jongdae in the arm with his elbow. The other man took a long drink from his cup and snapped his finger to a nearby girl standing next to him. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail and it bounced around as she danced to the loud techno music. As Jongdae tried to steal a glance at me, he whispered in her ear and she giggled softly. Her eyes traveled up and down me and her small dimples were exposed on her cheeks.

 

 

I didn't know what was going on, and I knew for a fact that something was planned without my consent. Gikwang had walked off in the large apartment, mingling with the brunette and blonde girls swaying their hips side to side. Hyunseung and Junhyung walked off, only leaving me, Doojoon and Jongdae.

 

 

“Happy Birthday, man!” Jongdae had said in perfect English and I nodded politely. I was bit embarrassed to even thank him back in English with my heavy thick accent. He wrapped his arm around me and handed me a fresh cup of something. I held it in my hands and stared at the brown liquid swishing around. “Yo!” Jongdae had began to yell to the whole crowd now, and he had got their attention. “Give it up to my boy Dongwoon! It's his birthday!” Jongdae had lifted my arm in the air this time and I began laughing. Everyone had lifted their cups in the air and “wooo!” at the sudden news.

 

 

I drink from my cup and taste the strong liquid go down my throat. New music began to play and I immediately recognized it.

 

 

 

Pretty girls, I ask em do they smoke?
Ask em what do they know?
Ask em can we go? Pretty girls..
Sunshine in the air, perfume everywhere
Girls are everywhere

 

 

Taking a sip of my drink, I feel a slender arm intertwine with mine and they pull me out onto the dance floor. I didn't know what was going on, but as soon as I began dancing with the girl and she turned around, I grinned from ear to ear. Chanel wrapped her arms around my neck and began dancing ily toward me. She grinned and turned around shaking her body into mine and I guide my hands to her hips, grinding against her. Smiling again, she turns around and continues dancing.

 

 

The music ends suddenly and transits to another. “Happy Birthday!” She exclaims and hugs me. I smile again and wrap my arms around her. It was as if nothing happened a couple of days ago. I was glad nothing was too awkward between us anymore. I was more happy when Chanel and I were just friends and the small silence between us was good. “I'm so happy you made it! A friend of mine told me you were here and I wanted to surprise you.” We both had walked up to the kitchen counter and poured ourselves another drink. Chanel was drinking a cold margarita and I was drinking a smooth Grey Goose. I knew it was bad mixing drinks but what the hell.

 

 

“You look nice,” Chanel compliments me and touches my shirt. She swallows the drink in her hand down and I watch her. Her hair was down and wavy this time. She flipped her hair back and gazed at me.

 

 

We both decided to dance together for the remainder of the night. She grind her body against mine and I bite my lip in excitement. Chanel's intoxicating scent was making me want to pull her close to me and keep her in my arms. Several couples were dancing around us, enjoying the music as much as we were. And as time passed by, I was loving my birthday even more. My vision was blurred and I could tell that I was tipsy. My throat burned of the strong alcohol that had went down.

 

 

Chanel had pulled me by my arm and dragged me out to the balcony that I saw when I first saw the apartment. I was bigger than I had imagined when you were actually standing out there, but really then I wasn't paying attention. After standing outside and inhaling the fresh air, I was trying to come back to my senses for a little while. Chanel had leaned against the railing, gazing down at the busy night life. Her hair tousled in the warm summer air, which was crisp and new. I took a step near her and leaned against the railing, bending over slightly.

 

 

I wasn't sure how long we stood there together, just watching the cars drive by but I knew it was long enough. “I...I had a fun time tonight.” She smiles at the words I say. I begin laughing. “I know I sound a bit corny when I say this but, you kind of made my birthday.”

 

 

“No I didn't!” Chanel playfully hits my arm and I smile. “I did?” I shake my head yes in return. “Thank you.”

 

 

I take a deep breath and words began spilling out of my mouth unconsciously. To me, it felt like things were now or never with Chanel. And to be honest, us being friends would still keep me satisfied. A kiss didn't matter to me. Only being next to her was. “I'm sorry about the other night, I hope...I hope things aren't—“

 

 

Chanel had then stood in front of me, pushing me up straight and placing her hands on my chest. “They aren't.”

 

 

Everything had taken me by surprise. My pulse had began to run full fledged and my breathing ceased. I shut my eyes, falling deep into her soft lips to where it only felt like us in the world. I regained my posture and she s her arms around my neck while I pulled her delicious frame against me. My hand lingered around her small waist and I could taste the familiar taste of her strawberry drink. Chanel had leaned back a little, lips still close as she caught her breath. Her warm, short breaths tickled my cheek and I stared back into her eyes.

 

 

Feeling more confident as I ever have in my entire life, I place both hands on her hips and pull her in some more, earning a small giggle from her and kiss her again. I knew she could taste the aged Gin across my tongue. I managed to hold back a groan while her small tongue sneaked in and played with mine. Chanel stopped herself and smiled.

 

 

“Happy Birthday."

 

 

And for the first moment in my life, I felt like Chanel needed me as bad as I needed her.

 


 

 

*gets down on both knees* I'm so sorry! School is a killer already! I've been so busy and haven't been able to update as frequently as I used to! But I'm going to try again! I'm sorry for the super late update! Please subscribe, upvote, comment this story! I would really appreciate it! I love all my subscribers! <3