xv.

100 Days of Chanel

100 days of chanel 15


 

 

 

 

 

I was awake and sitting on my bed, gazing at the scratches and bruises forming on my face. Everything had went swiftly through my mind as I reflect back on today. The time at work, the fight, Chanel, and all my friends helping me when I was in need. I shift my head to the side, gazing at my face in the mirror and sighing. You lost the fight Dongwoon. And for a small moment, I laughed. I was laughing at myself and how naïve I was. It was almost comical.

 

 

Chanel made things complicated. Our relationship, our friendship and even the . By the looks of it, I knew that she intended that on purpose. I wondered if she was going to text me later that night and if she was going to apologize. Of course not, probably too awkward for her taste. She never liked owning up to things, these type of things were one of them.

 

 

I look up when I hear a knock on my door and I say come in, not caring who it was. Nicole opened the door cautiously, looking left to right in the room to see if anyone was there. In one hand, there was a hot tea that looked like it came from somewhere. She must have got it before she came. “Come in,” I say again, placing the hand mirror down on the bed. “Why are you back?”

 

 

“I just wanted to see if you were okay.” She handed me the hot beverage and I only stare at it. “It's only green tea. It helps enhance the healing of wounds.” I take a small sip and is taken back by the immediate bitterness. This was a reason why I always loved coffee. But, I felt I needed this and I drink it anyway.

 

 

I didn't understand why she was here and why she came back. Maybe she wanted to shove it in my face. Maybe she just wanted to say, “Are you happy now? You're heartbroken and it's not from me this time.” But I figured Nicole had to be more civil than that. We were adults here, we weren't in high school anymore. She only takes a seat at my chair in front of my study area and she doesn't say a word. Taking another sip, I wince at how it was scalding my throat and decide to slow down with trying to drink it all.

 

 

“I didn't come to make fun of you if that's what you're thinking.”

 

 

“Hmm...” I reply, eying her above the cardboard cup. I my lips, removing the bitter residue. “So, why are you here?”

 

 

“I don't want you to think I'm only here for one thing, and it's to win you back.” Not saying a word, I only look at her, waiting for her to explain more. “Yes, I do think us seeing each other again is coincidental and I know you hate me.” Nicole looks into my eyes now, uncertainty on her face. “But I know that I, and your friends won't abandon you like she did today—“

 

 

“Nicole I understand that you—“

 

 

“But you don't. I want to let you know that I still care about you, even though things between us are gone. I don't want you to act like I don't exist. Because I'll be here.”

 

 

A small knock interrupted us and I see my friends trailing in, takeout and movies in their hands. They all looked at Nicole, who was sitting down, looking at them. The atmosphere grew quiet and I only sipped the green tea in my hands, watching her. As they all positioned themselves on the floor, Junhyung, Gikwang and Doojoon began pulling out the side dishes. Nicole stayed, helping me place another cool cloth against my bruised face. Maybe she really didn't want anything from me. She only wanted to help.

 

 

Hours went through as we all talked about our lives and other things that either pissed us off, loved or regretted doing. We had watched all the movies in our stack and began watching regular television and reality shows on cable. Gikwang was discussing things that regarded Jeesun and the baby. She was due at the end of August and he was excited and frantic about the whole situation. Baby clothes, bibs, a crib and supplies were already given to both of them from both parents. Gikwang wasn't sure about marriage, but he didn't want others to think it was a shotgun one. He was actually falling in love with her this time.

 

 

Doojoon was one of the people who were soon talking about his lack of determination in his grades and soon fell quiet, making all of us stop for a moment. “I managed to keep my job,” he said, getting rid of the thick tension through the room. “I have enough to take a few summer courses to make up the year.”

 

 

“Well, congrats,” Junhyung says, a soju bottle in his hand. “I'm glad you're able to stay.”

 

 

“Yeah, it would've been lonely without you here,” I said, adding in.

 

 

“I'm not necessarily sure if I'm able to come back permanently, but I think it's a good possibility. I'm studying for the CSAT and hoping for a great score so, yeah.”

 

 

“Fighting!” Gikwang cheers, earning a laugh from all of us. His smile out shined everyone's.

 

 

“What about you Nicole?” Doojoon stared at her and waited for her answer. “You staying here or what?”

 

 

“Um,” she began, gripping the small cup of soju in her hand. “Yeah. I managed to stay and begin courses in the fall.”

 

 

“Congratulations,” Hyunseung says to her, grinning. Junhyung, Doojoon and Gikwang nod. Nicole turns to me and I smirk, tipping my cup towards her.

 

 

“I'm glad you're staying.”

 

 

Ж

 

 

Yoseob had called me to have a cup of coffee at Jiyugaoka. I was taken back by his sudden call, but I didn't want to turn down his offer. It would probably be a while until I ever saw him again. I wanted to know if he was going crazy over his trainee life yet and how well he was handling living with complete strangers. I know I couldn't do it.

 

 

The moment I first saw him, his hair was a light brown with bangs combed to the side. His hair had grown and his fashion sense had somewhat grown along the way also. Yoseob's arms (which were now tone) were exposed through a solid black sleeveless shirt. He wore a pair of sagging grey jeans and a clean pair of Air Jordan Retro 8's. Cube had changed his style for sure. I just hoped they had not changed his personality in the process.

 

 

“What happened to your face?' Was the first thing that came out of his mouth. His mentality over looks was more evident too. “Did you get in a fight?” His eyes were staring at the healing cuts and bruises on my face and arms. I had managed to wear a short sleeve t-shirt after a week of trying to conceal the scars from my boss by wearing long sleeve button downs. I knew he would have been concerned with my personal life if I didn't hide anything.

 

 

“Um, yeah.” I had to sip some coffee to help my mouth, which had went dry. “Just an altercation with Chanel that's all.”

 

 

“You fought Chanel?”

 

 

“No, no!” I sat straight in my seat. “No, not her. Her...boyfriend.” Yoseob's facial features darkened and he sank back in his seat. “It wasn't anything serious anyway—“

 

 

“You all didn't do anything did you?” I only stared at him then took another sip of my espresso. Yoseob only sighed. “Well, at least nothing worse happened.”

 

 

“Hmm, Nicole's back. She's being an intern at my job.” This almost made Yoseob spit out his drink. He coughed and sat up straight. “And transferring into SNU.”

 

 

“W-when?”

 

 

“Right after you left. How's training life by the way?”

 

 

He knew I was avoiding the conversation but he played along anyway. “A lot of work. I actually was told I was going solo in the next year. My vocal abilities were 'fantastic' as they say it.”

 

 

“Fantastic is just good in their terms.”

 

 

“Exactly. So, I've been going to Cube everyday. They say Ballads are my best asset. No extreme boy band dancing for me! At least they allowed me to stay in my own apartment and not live with a bunch of young teenage boys. I don't think it would be possible for me. They pay for all cost.”

 

 

“Well that's good right?” Yoseob nodded. “You don't think you'll ever consider coming back, huh?” The two of us were quiet for a moment and he shook his head.

 

 

“I'll be successful by then. Don't ever think I can't visit alright?” This put a smile on my face because I knew Yoseob was serious about his word. He'll try as much as he can to visit, even if he's famous. He'll get rid of his private life, just for the proper recognition.

 

 

Ж

 

 

“Woon.” I turn and see Hyunseung standing outside his dorm, keys in his hands. I stop in my tracks and greeted him, surprised he was in the talking mood today. His outfit was clean cut and sleek, like he was just getting off work. A pair of glasses laid on his face and he pushed him up, trying to get a better glance at me. He was quiet and mysterious ever since a couple weeks ago. I never questioned him about himself, it was rude anyway. “I see you're healing.”

 

 

“Uh yeah, slowly but surely.”

 

 

“I know of this product that keeps your skin from having an uneven tone. If you're interested I'll order you some. They sell it at my job.”

 

 

“Thank you. I appreciate it.”

 

 

“Love is so difficult, huh?” Raising an eyebrow at the sudden saying, I nod and agree with him. Hyunseung only looks down and grins softly. “Nothing is bad between me and him. If you're asking. Everything's fine. It's in the past.” A small weight was lifted off my shoulders and I sighed in relief. And for the first time in a while, I saw him smile.

 

 

I was glad. The real Junhyung and the real Hyunseung were slowly starting to come back. Things were beginning to return to it's original order. My group of friends were maturing and I felt like I was apart of the change too. I had always thought that change was bad and everything should be in an ideal order, but I soon came to find out that not everything has a basic routine. Especially in the situation of love.

 


 

I've been trying to update since forever! I apologize for not updating so often! School work is killer! Next chapter is possibly the last chapter of this story! I'm happy that many people like this story and that I've gotten all the subscribers I have! Please subscribe, comment and upvote! <3