vi.

100 Days of Chanel

100 DAYS OF CHANEL                                                                           6


 

 

Chanel was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen in my life. Honestly. It was as if she came from a movie, wait no, a runway. Her gorgeous smile and light brown hair was silky smooth this time and her eyes were still in it's beautiful almond shape. God, Dongwoon it's like you're staring her down. But no, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Maybe everything was catching up to me now. The sight of Chanel was making me go over the edge.

 

My feelings were going over the edge.

 

And I know it sounds crazy, I know it's the most craziest thing I said, but I wouldn't mind becoming more than just friends going on an 'outing'. So many consequences and so many judgmental people around me but I don't care. I don't care at all. Ever since freshman year I had a crush on her. And this opportunity is the best opportunity in a lifetime. A date. With her. I just knew it from the moment I saw her today.

 

I was in—

 

“Dongwoon?” I hear her voice and her small hand trying to shake me out of my thoughts. My hands grip tighter on my steering wheel. “Are you alright?” Nodding quickly, I smile and drive through traffic peacefully. We didn't say anything. The car was semi quiet, although the sounds of music playing in the background. Breaking the silence, Chanel said, “I hope the show is good this time, last time I went the crowd got a little too rowdy.”

 

“I...I doubt it. It'll be fine.” Chanel smiled at me and I grinned back.

 

After parking, Chanel and I walked towards the large stage that held all the performances. The day was perfect. I looked up at the sky, gazing at the plump clouds that went by. The sun pierced my eyes and I shut my eyes tight. Chanel's slender arms wrapped around my left one, and I looked at her. She remained gazing forward, looking at the large crowd ahead of us. “I don't want to get lost,” she said softly. I swallowed down the lump in my throat and I intertwined my fingers with hers. I noticed her smile off of that.

 

It seemed as if the program had already started. But it wasn't anything amazing in particular. Many booths were alined along the streets and many people were amazed at the things. To be honest, I was quite perplexed by this. “I didn't know people made and sold things dedicated to mimes.” Chanel looked up at me.

 

“There's a lot of things you don't know,” she said softly, almost like a whisper. Looking down at her, she smirked. Then, she pointed her index finger to a booth across from us. “Let's go here.” Her hand is intertwined in mine and she drags me slightly. I walked faster and watched as she smiled and walked up to an array of berets hanging on metal racks. Chanel posed with a red beret on her head. “Stylish hmm?” I couldn't lie to her, even though the ridiculous French hat looked just how I described it, ridiculous, Chanel looked gorgeous in it also.

 

Stepping on her tip toes, she placed a hat on my head. It obvious to how close she was to me, but I love it. And to be honest, I think she did too. Chanel giggled and stared at me. I made a weird face, only to make her laugh more.

 

“Yah! Excuse me!” And it was as if the whole world had ended because the owner of the booth was yanking the hats off us and staring at us in annoyance. “Only wear them if you're buying!” Chanel clung onto me closer and my arms wrapped around her, as in defense. “I don't want any stealing!” The booth owner glared at Chanel as he said the last sentence and frowned.

 

“C'mon,” I said, guiding Chanel to another booth, but she stopped me.

 

“Let's just watch the performance okay?” I could tell she looked hurt from the booth owner's comment. I frowned and she just began walking toward the large Colosseum. People were seated, face in complete awe over the amazing mime performances.

 

Finding seats was a bit challenging, but we found two empty chairs near the far right corner of the first six rows. We caught the tail end of the previous performance, one that was involving fire and an umbrella. The things in these shows, man. Chanel had taken a seat and I had causally rested my arm on her. I wouldn't have thought it would've been noticeable, but as she looked at me with a small smile, I could feel my face getting warm.

 

A look of satisfaction was plastered on Chanel's face until her head quickly jerked to the right. Her forehead was wrinkled and a puzzled face appeared. I leaned forward, trying to figure out what was going on.

 

An older lady was picking and rubbing at her skin in amusement.

 

 

I held my breath slightly and witness Chanel yank her arm away from the older woman. The woman looked up in bewilderment and shock. I was beginning to become afraid, afraid of what would happen next, or if the wrong words would come out of someone's mouth. But nothing came from either. Chanel shrugged it off. Exhaling, I gazed at the old woman who then was looking at me with my arm wrapped around her. Her eyes were in shock. And for the short time we were looking at each other, the old lady grabbed her belongings and walked away.

 

 

Chanel scoffed and crossed her arms. Tugging her softly she looked at me, hurt obvious in her eyes. And without reacting, she rested her head on my shoulder. An older couple had turned around and stared at us, but then quickly turned around, murmuring to each other. By this point, I rolled my eyes and the only thing I worried about was if Chanel was having a nice time.

 

 

I could see the mime acting out a performance, almost as if it was a skit for a play. Movie set props were set along the stage and the cliché dressed mime was sitting in a director's chair. And the moment he started pointing at random people to come to the stage, my blood ran cold. His finger pointed to us, gesturing his hands for us to come over. I started shaking my head. Chanel was laughing next to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up from my seat.

 

 

Everything was happening in slow motion. The lights surrounding the stage were blurry. The crowd's applause were muffled. Get it together, Dongwoon. Get it together. My throat became dry and the sudden tremble of me facing a full crowd of people who were staring at me was...intimidating. “Dongwoon!”

 

 

 

 

Thump.

 

 

 

 

“Dongwoon!”

 

 

 

...Thump.

 

 

 

 

“...woon!”

 

 

 

All eyes were on me. Well, us.

 

 

“Dongwoon!” My mind snapped out of it and my eyes fixated on Chanel, who was still smiling and her hand intertwined with mine. My face tried to form a smile but it couldn't. My body wasn't responding. All the sounds and lights were coming together in harmony again. It was as if I was having stage fright all over again. The crowd was cheering my name, which wasn't surprising me since Chanel had probably told them. The mime that was sitting in his director's seat previously was guiding me over to a prop and putting something on top of my head.

 

Chanel had a pink feather scarf around her neck and she smiled towards the crowd, as if she was used to these type of crowds. The mime began acting out something and staring at me, like I was supposed to copy what he does. I watched intently, not really trying to mess up and look stupid. Repeating what he was doing, I earned a laugh from the audience and a smile from the actor. He strutted over to the other volunteers and Chanel.

 

I fiddled with my fingers, my eyes were gazing up at the eager audience. I stared at the props sitting on stage. Turning my eyes back to Chanel, she was strutting my way. What the hell? I knew I was missing something. My eyes shifted to the mime, who was obviously in character, and he was rolling an imaginary camera. Everything felt so unreal. I thought I was going crazy, seeing mimes and wearing this ridiculous top hat. I stood there, almost shaking as she came closer. I didn't even know what was going on.

 

She maneuvered her hand across my face, and moved her hairs side to side, gazing at the crowd. Was she dancing? I wasn't even paying attention to when she was being instructed what to do. My mind was wandering and panicking, panicking about the crowd sitting before me. Her hands glided across my chest and she giggled. Her face was turning crimson, and I knew Chanel was slightly embarrassed too. Although Chanel was the master of all masters of hiding her emotions.

 

And just like that the mime walked in front of us and bowed. Wait...what? I was completely confused by everything at the moment. And by the time I was starting to figure out what was going on, Chanel was dragging me off stage. She was laughing, hard. Her hand intertwined with mine again. “You are hilarious,” she says. I blink.

 

“What? What did I do?” My mind was blank and slowly trying to fill in the erased moments. Chanel's eyes widened.

 

“You started dancing? I could tell you completely spaced out back there.” We had both sit down back in our seats. “It was so cute, Dongwoon. You have potential to be on a variety show.” I shake my head quickly and try to hide my blushing face. Chanel only giggled and rested back into my arms, and I maneuver my arm across her, back to the position was were in before.

Ж

 

After a small quick meal at a family owned Ramen shop, Chanel and I had made our way back to SNU campus. The campus was actually full of life as we walked toward the west side of her dorm building. Students were standing along the parked cars in the parking lot. Many were sitting along the front gate and fountain. A fountain sits at the very front of Seoul National University. It's always active nonstop, even in winter when the temperature reach unbearable records. The large pool of water swayed back and forth as the tall shots of water were coming out of the large fountain. Chanel and I stood there facing the fountain for a little, admiring the shots of colored lights on the clear waters. I turned and watched Chanel's hair drape past her shoulders and hide her face.

 

I had finally decided that Chanel was a 'touchy feely' person. Her hands would creep up beside mine and linger for a moment, deciding whether they should interact. My fingers always traced her palms, and feeling how smooth and soft they were. I noticed how Chanel always kept her hands pretty and manicured with a brand new color of nail polish every week. And I saw her love of rings. We would walk in front of each other, as in me walking backwards and her walking forward with her hands tracing circles on my chest as she talked to me.

 

“What made you find my dorm room when you invited me anyway?” I ask her as we walk inside the lobby. The inside was a bit quiet. I pressed the up button on the elevator. My stared went back to her and she had an innocent look of wonder on her face. Her eyes looked up at the ceiling, around the area, then back at me.

 

“I couldn''t just wait until tomorrow to see you.”

 

And in that moment of time, I could feel the ocean waves full of feelings racing. My body was racing. I knew I was smiling. My whole demeanor was happy. I was happy because she could finally understand why it gets so frustrating not talking to her throughout the night. I had no form of contact with Chanel whatsoever except face to face. Not even a single email.

 

“Speaking of that...” Chanel began, pulling out a napkin and a pen from her purse. “here's my number.” I smirked and took it from her. “We can talk and make plans or study sessions for the Psychology Exam. I would really like a study partner.”

 

“Like I said, I'm willing to do whatever,” I reply confidently.

 

Chanel smiles and cutely sways back and forth with her hands in front of her, gripping her purse. It was a bit quiet for a moment, but just like two weeks ago it wasn't awkward. Our silence wasn't making the time we spent together unrefined and stiff. The silence between us showed how much of a good time we had, without even knowing it. Well, at least that's what I thought it meant. Her eyes wandered around the halls until they stopped in front of her door.

 

“I had a—“ I stopped and saw Chanel widen her eyes. We had both spoke at once. Nodding my head slightly at her, she slowly and gradually continued.

 

“I had a great...amazing time tonight.” A small grin creeps up on her lips. “I haven't had one of those in a long time.” I lift an eyebrow and she nods slightly. “Yeah, unbelievable huh?”

 

“It seems like you have so much fun...with your friends and others. I always suspected you had the time of your life.” She hesitates and shakes her head slowly. “No?”

 


“I've had the time of my life a couple of days now...” Her eyes were focused on the floor now, not me. And I know I would've done the same. Chanel had more confidence than me, of course. The things in my head would never come out of my mouth to her. Or even to anyone else.

 

And the two of us both stand there watching and gazing. Smiles were exchanged and soft blushes appeared. I lowered my eyes, studying her features more carefully. Chanel's tan skin, her exotic eyes, her long strained hair...I stared at it all. I stared and studied the small faces she made whenever we talked; a small smile to a grin with a lip bite—I a small portion of breath at the sight of that. Her plump cute lips that were masked with a glossy lipstick. I missed the bare set of lips I saw the other day with her gorgeous beauty marks, one on each lip. Also the marks on her smooth face.

 

And it were as if the carpeted floors were moving like a conveyor belt, I was moving close to her. My body was whisking away and my heart was racing. My breaths grew shorter, and her eyes closed slower. Slower...very slower. Slow motion. I could feel the sweet cautious breaths from her brush my cheek. My mind was gone, not responding to my body. Because my body had a mind of its own. I couldn't help it anymore. I was ready, I was ready for anything at that moment. The last thing I remember is shutting my eyes, so close to her incredible lips.

 

I could taste the sweet flavor of strawberry on her lips.

 

 

 

The very light brush of mine to hers.

 

 

 

Me furrowing my eyebrows, almost going in for an all kill.

 

 

 

Then a click, turn, and bang.

 

 

Chanel snaps, jerking back, obviously startled. My hands drop in an instant and we both turn around to the loud ruckus behind us. A drunk party animal, leaning against the walls, finding their way towards the restroom. I breathe out, disappointed and very frustrated. Chanel swiftly turns back around, her eyes a little wider than a couple of seconds ago. We stare at each other and the usual good silence turns into a sour one. It was awkward, embarrassing. She breathes out and attempts a smile.

 

“It's late,” she whispers. “Be safe going back to your dorm okay?” I nod and watch her as she walks up to her room door, pulling out keys. She turns back around. “I had a great time tonight. Call me tomorrow...okay?”

 

“Of course...I will,” I say, half-heartily smiling back. “Have a nice night.”

 

“You too.”

 

Then her door shuts. I clench my fist, imagining what could've happened. And then I walk on, knowing for sure that it weren't supposed to.

 

Ж

 

A small knock comes from my door at around one in the morning. I groan and rub my eyes, imagining who the hell needs me at 1 AM. I sat up in my bed, looking around my dark room, wondering if I was just dreaming. Another knock. I guess not. Grasping for a shirt on the floor in the dorm, I slip it over my chest. I switch on the light on my dresser and get up, dragging my feet against the hardwood floor. I had thoughts in my mind, wondering if it was her coming back to say something just to see my face. Doubt it. I also had thoughts of one of my friends coming to try and talk to me.

 

The moment I open my door, a small shout of “Gikwang!” filled my ears. I focus on the small petite woman in front of me. Her long black hair was long past her shoulders and her large animated eyes beamed. She was grasping her hands together and smiling. But soon it fell. “Oh, I'm so sorry.” The young woman bowed respectfully. “I was looking for Lee Gikwang...I know he lives around in this area of dorms. When I knocked on his door, he wasn't there...” My eyes wandered down to the very noticeable bump from her stomach. Most likely a baby...oh no.... “He told me that he lived a couple doors down from a friend, I'm sorry to interrupt you at such a rude hour.” My breaths grew louder and my whole mouth went dry. “You're able to get in touch with him better than me...”

 

This can't be happening. No, no...I'm dreaming...I'm dream—

 

“Could you tell him that I'm keeping his child?”


:D

I'll update soon, maybe ;D lol, no really i'll update as soon as i can, which will most likely be tomorrow.
Please comment, subscribe and upvote! I really appreciate it! And thank you too EVERYONE that has subscribed and commented so far you guys are amazing!! <3