xi.

100 Days of Chanel

100 days of chanel                                                                                11


 

 

I laugh, trying to process the comment made about Chanel. I don't think Junhyung took him seriously either because we were both laughing, trying to lean into each other without falling. Ignoring his angry words, I turn around and order my straight black coffee while handing the cashier my money. She instantly poured the liquid in a paper cup and placed the top on with ease. Picking it up, I take a sip and walk away from the line and Yongguk.

 

 

“This guy can't be serious right?” Junhyung follows me and sips his drink. I turn around a bit and look at the guy, seeing if he was still standing there. He was looking at me, eyes imprinted with anger and I furrow my eyebrows and continue walking with him. “What's that guy's problem?”

 

 

“He's a psycho that's what he is,” I say and take a sip of my coffee. I was certainly awoke this morning, but it wasn't because of the coffee.

 

 

“Chanel must have fans around campus. Jealousy at it's finest.” I shake my head at the thought. A guy jealous of me? I didn't know Chanel would be the prize, especially since people around here either treat her like a regular person or ignore her blatantly.

 

 

“It's just some guy interested in her Junhyung he'll get over it.”

 

 

“What are you two anyway? You go out with her or somethin'?” Looking away, I press the elevator button trying to ignore what he said to me.

 

 

My cheeks were burning in embarrassment. I didn't know what the hell to say because we weren't going out and we weren't official or anything. Junhyung only looks at me and I look away again. The elevator ride was quiet and when the doors opened, before we walked away Junhyung mumbled to me, “Women are complicated, huh?” I smile, because he was right.

 

 

“I still don't understand why he was saying something belonged to him. Like she's an object or something.”

 

 

“Hey, that's how some guys get when it comes to females.” Junhyung leans against his door and sip his coffee. “They get desperate with them and try to keep them under their control at all times. He could be a jealous lover or something I don't know.” My body tenses and I bit my bottom lip. Is this why Chanel was avoiding my serious question? “Don't get so worked up on it alright? That guy looked crazy as in the first place.”

 

 

“Yeah, you're right.”

 

 

“And get with that girl, man. It's about time I finally saw you with some new chick since college.” Junhyung chuckles and I just roll my eyes, ignoring that comment. I didn't want to think about that now, and I certainly didn't want to any time soon, now that Chanel was in the picture.

 

 

Ж

 

 

 

I had went to work that afternoon and expected to see Yoseob leaning against the counter in the main lobby as usual, be he wasn't here and someone else had replaced him. Holding my bag, I walk slowly, trying to figure out where he was and then after, I just go on to my room. The building was more crowded than usual and I had to teach a group of kids today, teaching them how to sing a song for their elementary school play. It has been a while since I had done a singing class, it was always mostly piano.

 

 

A smile crept on my face as I helped all of them learn their lines. All six children sat in a semi circle in front of me and I sing a little line and watch how they all repeat, singing in their adorable voices. Then they finally sing the whole song to me so I could hear all of them. The parents observing me in the classroom clapped their hands and the little children smiled. And before I even knew it, class was over and it was beginning to turn into nine o'clock.

 

 

A women who looked relatively in her thirty's stopped me while I was cleaning up. A smile was on her face as she said, “You have such a way with kids, it's amazing!” She grins more, holding her child in her arms. “Thank you so much for the class today.”

 

 

“You're welcome, anything I can do for the kids.” Smiling, I bow to her and she walks off with the other parents exiting the room and building.

 

 

I shuffle papers and I place them in my bag. I was still wondering where Yoseob was today but I couldn't worry about it any longer. I may call him once I get in my car and leave. Checking the room, I grab my bag and place it on my shoulder, flick off the lights and walk out of the classroom.

 

 

As I walk out into the hallway, I look down and check my phone. No new messages. I bit my lip, deciding if I should text her first but then I decided not to. I didn't want to seem nosy about everything. Chanel and I had been talking everyday non stop since my birthday. Looking up, I see Yoseob talking to the person in charge of his shift at the moment. His brown hair looked slightly wet and his attire was basically grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt and Nike shoes. Stopping in my tracks I watch him and he then looks ahead of himself, staring at me.

 

 

“Hey,” he manages to say. Yoseob walks toward me and runs his fingers through his hair. “Sorry I didn't tell you about the absence today. I was called in with Cube and I supposedly start my training now.”

 

 

“Oh, so how was it? I bet it was hard.” Yoseob nodded and began to chuckle softly.

 

 

“Yeah it is. Really difficult.” He didn't say anything after that and I notice the awkward silence between us. He wasn't as talkative as he used to be. I kinda missed it.

 

 

“So,” I began. “how are you going to balance that, work and college?” The smile on his face disappeared and he placed his hands in his sweatpants’s pockets.

 

 

“I, um...I can't.” Slowing down my movements, I try and let Yoseob explain. I knew he could read the confused expression on my face, he was looking guilty as well. “That's actually why I came here...to quit my job. I just wanted to get my last check from here.”

 

 

“So wait you planned to do it this day and you didn't even tell me?” Annoyed and slightly angry because my only friend that was working with me decides to quit, I look down at the floor. I shouldn't be getting angry at this. He was only trying to pursue his dream and his job was obviously one of his obstacles. “It's...it's fine. Go ahead.” Stepping over to the side, I let him walk past through to our boss's office.

 

 

“Dongwoon.” My eyes focus on him as I turn around and he looks just as disappointed as I am. “I'm sorry.” He turns and walks away, disappearing in the back. And I do the same, leaving the building.

 

Ж

 

 

 

Slowly walking towards my dorm room, I massage my temples in frustration. Yoseob actually left and didn't even explain much to me why. I knew being a trainee was going to be difficult, but quitting your job? I shake my head, and right when I was about to turn the corner to room I stop and hear Hyunseung and Junhyung's voice.

 

 

 

Hyunseung had been acting a bit different the past couple of days. He was quiet and never added in his two cents to everything anymore. He was actually the smartest person in our honest in my opinion and the most fashionable, but after a while he started to become...dull and unhappy. His voice sounded distant and I stayed around the corner, listening intently on their conversation. I know it was wrong but when I stopped, I had to double take what I had heard.

 

 

 

“...What did you even wanna talk about?” The distant voice of Junhyung could be heard. A small moment of silence then happened. I was about to begin walking until I heard something else. “I'm waiting.”

 

 

 

“...for a little bit.”

 

 

What is it?”

 

 

 

“I...um...I just needed...off my chest.” It harder to hear them now. Hyunseung's voice lowered and gathered into a whisper. Was this supposed to be a secret? Was this the reason why Hyunseung was being quiet around all of us? He was hiding something? “I didn't want to make things more awkward than they can be.”

 

 

“...are you talking about?” I could hear him stop and wait for a moment.

 

 

 

“Well, first...do you ever know what happened to that couple that got...beat up for being gay?”

 

 

 

“They both ended up dying...”

 

 

"Oh.”

 

 

“What are you getting at?” I hear Hyunseung clear his throat and take a deep breath. I wanted to see their faces but I didn't want to get caught.

 

 

 

“...I sometimes...think of you more than just a friend, Junhyung.”

 

 

 

“What—“

 

 

 

"I...kinda...like you.”

 

 

 

I freeze and stare at the ground before me. He had just confessed to him. Hyunseung was...he was...

 

 

 

"Get the away from me.”

 

Before I even know it, Junhyung storms around the corner and stops when he stands face to face with me. He takes a deep breath and looks back at Hyunseung, who looked heartbroken and mortified at the sight of me. He glares at me and bumps my shoulder as he storms down the hallway, almost punching the wall during. My eyes gaze over at Hyunseung, who was on the brink of tears. I was in complete denial. This couldn't be real.

 


 

:O Sorry for the late update! Many things had popped up! Sorry since this is kinda of a short chapter. Comment, upvote and subscribe please! I appreciate all the feedback so far and the upvotes and new subscribers! Thank you so much!! <3333