vii.

100 Days of Chanel

100 DAYS OF CHANEL                                                                             7


 

 

 

I push him hard against the brick wall ascending outside. Full force. Gikwang winces and bends over, touching his knees. I didn't care what he was feeling right now, I want to beat his ing brains out. He stood up straight only to be grabbed by the shirt collar and pinned against the wall. Rage was taking over me and his face was pissing me off. I stare at him, trying to contemplate why in the would he do that to that young woman. Gikwang only clenched his jaw and breathed heavily. My grip loosened and he slid down the wall.

 

“What the hell is your problem?!” I snap, pushing him again. “She came to me at one in the morning, Gikwang...wondering where you are! She was desperate, trying to find you.” He didn't say a word. “And when she saw me her face sunk, disappointed again that she couldn't find you! Pregnant with a baby, who's father is no where to be ing found!”

 

“Shut the hell up!” Gikwang yelled, pushing me. “I don't want any of the others finding out at all. I'm not trying to get kicked out of here!”

 

“That's all you care about?! You getting kicked out of here?! You're making no sense right now!” I walked closer to him, lowering my voice to almost a whisper. “Gikwang, you have another life here on the line. Someone that's apart of you and you're not taking this seriously.” He only shook his head and turn around, walking away. I stood there in bewilderment. Is this guy serious? I run my fingers through my hair and turn my back, facing the small array of seats and chairs for lunch. I shook my head.

 

Walking back inside the side door of the dorm building, I notice Junhyung in arms with another female. He was whispering in her ear and the girl smiled, exposing a dimple. Focusing on them I see Junhyung look up and see me. I step back and he kisses the girl warmly before letting her go. I open the door for her and as me and her locked eyes, I gasped.

 

It was Eun Ae.

 

I knew she saw me. I stared at her and she quickly walked past, not wanting to make things even more awkward. Yoseob doesn't know. He doesn't know about any of this. It broke my heart seeing Yoseob being manipulated like this. Junhyung calls my name and I look forward. Walking more inside the building, he stares at the redness of my hands. They were still red after the rough session with Gikwang earlier. His judging eyes gaze up at me. The intimidating sound of him chewing gum, made me furrow my eyebrows and I wanted to keep walking until he stopped me.

 

“What's up with you?” He dug his hands in his pockets. “You look like you just pissed off at something.”

 

“I, uh, I'm not pissed. Just a little stressed,” I say. I tried to conceal my knuckles but putting my hands behind my back. “I was going to try and take a light jog today but the weather this morning looks a bit yucky.”

 

Junhyung chuckled while pulling out a cigarette from the carton in his basketball short's pocket. I followed him back outside and noticed how he leaned against the brick wall I had Gikwang up against. I swallowed hard. My adrenaline was rushing. My usual calm self was pacing back and forth, playing with my fingers and barely listening. Junhyung's judging eyes stay on me and he takes a long drag of his cigarette.

 

“You've been studying too much,” he says. He pulls out his phone and begins fooling around with it. “I see how you take your classes seriously. I mean, I do too but...you worry too much.”

 

“I actually feel really confident,” I reply, gazing at the floor. “It's...” I hesitate. Should I even bring up the situation that happened last night with Junhyung? Everything was so risky now and I was finally realizing that this wasn't a fun college life with parties, fun festivals and sorority clubs...college was preparation for the real world. But everything was happening so fast. It was as if the bad things coming from the world are sinking in around my friends, maybe me too. I started to realize this when Junhyung finally spoke up, finishing my sentence.

 

“It's about that black girl?” I quickly glance up at him and he stares while taking another long hit. “You know you can't listen to douche bags like Gikwang and Doojoon, right?”

 

“I know...I know. I just...I almost kissed her last night.” This makes Junhyung stop his actions for a moment. He flicks the ashes of the burnt bud to the ground and he disposes the cigarette into the accommodated dispenser next to him. “It was just instinct. I didn't but...I almost did.”

 

“You really like her don't you?”

 

I bit my bottom lip. I actually really did. Being around Chanel for almost a month was breathtaking and I loved every second of it. Even just remembering everything that happened yesterday was amazing and I couldn't get my mind off of it. But, I didn't think about what ever happened after the date. I didn't want to. Just recalling what almost happened was too embarrassing. I was making a move on her I shouldn't have and now we were awkward with each other.

 

“You shouldn't listen to people who think you should go out with someone else instead. She's only a girl...” Junhyung began watching as rain sprinkled down onto the surface of the ground. “If you really love her, maybe I don't know if you love her hell.” He gazed at me. “But if you do, don't worry about what other people say. Love is blind and...your love obviously doesn't care about a shade of color, Dongwoon.”

 

I was shocked. Coming from a guy like Junhyung, I wouldn't expect him to give me advice on relationships. He was always so distant. The women in his life came and went and I wouldn't have ever thought he would take the time to sit and talk to me about that. I wasn't sure if Junhyung was starting to become soft, but I knew that something was up.

 

“Thank you,” I just say in return, not really knowing what else to say.

 

“No problem.”

 

And just like that, we both walk inside the building and ascend to our dorm rooms.

 

 

Ж

 

I flip a couple of pages of my textbook left to right, and copy down notes into my composition notebook. I was studying, which was mere torture to my drama filled mind at the moment. My room was silent, other than the occasional flips of pages. I go over my work and re-read what I wrote. Putting my mechanical pencil down, I sigh. Sundays were studying days for me. Although the exams were coming up very shortly, I only picked one day out of the week. I already felt prepared for the exams, but something was creeping in the back of my mind saying I wasn't going to do well, I always had that feeling.

 

I dropped my pencil suddenly when I heard my phone ring next to me. Gazing at the contact, it was Yoseob and I immediately answered it. “Yeah?” I say, closing my textbook.

 

“Dongwoon! Could you do me a huge favor please?” Yoseob sounded desperate for a moment.

 

“Um, sure.”

 

“Could you come with me to dinner with my parents? It's sort of like a dinner party.” I don't say anything. I only sit there in my seat, confused on what was going on at the moment. Going to a dinner party surrounded by some of the wealthiest men and women in South Korea was a bit intimidating, especially if you didn't have enough money to fit the credentials. I sigh and check the time on my wall clock. 4:45. I was sure Yoseob most likely sensed that I was going to be a nervous wreck if I go. “Listen, I need someone to come with me. I was thinking of just visiting, talking about some business, eating then we leave.”

 

“Uh, don't you think this doesn't...involve me? I really don't want to start any trouble and I wouldn't want to make the atmosphere awkward,” I say, uncertain on how to approach the situation. I stand up from my seat and head to my closet, looking through the clothes I had and biting my lip harshly over the lack of suits. “Plus I don't have a nice suit other than—”

 

“Quit being a pretty boy and pick a suit!” Yoseob hissed into the phone, I jerk away and groaned in annoyance. “Look all I need you to do is arrive there at around 7:30. I'll text you my address afterward. I just really need you right now to come to this party!”

 

I sigh hard into the phone and then finally say, “Fine. I'll go. But don't say I didn't warn you.” Then after that I hang up and stare into my closet again. “I definitely need to go shopping.” And right after that, my phone rang again. Thinking it was Yoseob, I quickly answered it hoping he changed his mind. But it wasn't him, it was Chanel.

 

“Dongwoon?” She spoke lightly in the phone and I froze, trying to recollect my thoughts. “This is you right?” She giggled softly.

 

“Yes! Of course it's me. I was surprised by your phone call.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

Now you're in for it, Dongwoon.

 

“Um, because I wouldn't have thought you would call...just text.” Smooth.

 

“Of course I would call you. Talking on the phone is much more fun. But, the real reason why I was calling was if you wanted to come over to my dorm maybe? And study? Watch a movie after that maybe? I feel awful for leaving you like that after what happened last night...Plus I would feel better if you came over so you won't get in trouble by that meanie Doojoon.”

 

“Ah,” I stop. Dammit Yoseob! “I...I can't. I'm sorry.” I mentally slap myself and clenched my fist in anger. Really, to be honest, I wanted to punch a hole in the wall.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I promised my friend Yoseob I would go to a fancy dinner party for his parents tonight and...I'm sorry. I'd really rather be there with you than him but I made a promise. I'm sorry.”

 

“Oh, no no it's fine! I completely understand! Another time is great for me,” she exclaims. I hear some ruffling of papers in the background. “Give me a call when you're available okay? I'm sorry I called all of a sudden with some plans—“

 

“It's completely fine! I'll give you a call as soon as I'm free!”

 

“Thanks. I appreciate it! Have fun at the dinner party, Dongwoon.”

 

I thanked her and hanged up. I wanted to scream. I felt like this was my chance to finish off what started last night. And I knew for a fact that she didn't want it to end either. This whole dinner party with Yoseob was pointless. I knew it was. But he was my friend and I couldn't drop out on him because it's his parents, and his parents aren't the nicest people I know.

 

Searching for my black oxfords, I then begin to place my outfit together. I grabbed the midnight blue suit jacket and white button down shirt from their hangers and lay them across my bed. Then I grab the matching dress pants along it's hanger. I stood there in silence, contemplating on if this was a nice outfit. Then, it was settled.

 

Ж

 

I step out of my dorm, car keys in hand and iPhone in the other. Locking the door behind me, I turn around and head towards the lobby downstairs on the first floor. Checking the time again, I was on time. Once I reached the first floor, I the lobby was a bit empty other than an exception of a few people. I looked left to right and adjusted my tie. But then I had to do a double take. Wait a minute...

 

Chanel was sitting on one of the lounge couches with her friends. Stopping in my tracks, I checked the time to make sure I wasn't going to be late. I did have a couple of minutes spare. It was only appropriate to say hello after rejecting her movie night. I gazed at her. She was with Regina and laughing softly, the two looking at something on Chanel's phone. Walking over, I sensed that she saw me and looked up. Her eyes grew wide.

 

“Dongwoon!” She exclaimed. Giving her phone to her friend, she got up from the couch and walked up to me. Her eyes traveled up and down, gazing at my outfit. “You clean up well. Heading to the dinner party?”

 

“Yes I am, and thank you.” I bit my lip in vain and gaze at her casual attire, a beige tank top and jean shorts and a pair of pretty sandals. Her hair was down again and straightened like the other night. Her grin made my sad expression disappear and be replaced with a smile. “I still feel bad for turning down your offer tonight.”

 

Chanel giggles softly and waves her hand in the air, “Oh please, don't feel bad at all.” She stares at my tie. Then she starts to touch it and loosen it around my neck. Taking it completely off, she holds it in one hand and s some of the buttons on my shirt. I just observe her, eyes following her fingers and occasionally stealing glances at her. Chanel looks up at me and smiles. “Sorry. This is better. You look...ier.” Her hands glide along my chest and stop at the handkerchief in the small pocket on the left side of my suit.

 

“It's...it's fine. Thank you.” We both stand there silent, gazing. Flashbacks of last night were flooding back into my mind and I had to snap out of it before things got too awkward again. “Well, um, I gotta go.” Chanel grins and only wave back at me and begins to sit down on the couch again.

Ж

 

“There you are! I thought you wouldn't show up!” Yoseob says, exiting his black Kia Rio. He adjusted his black suit and checked the time on his phone. I stand there, staring at the white stretch limo pulling up to the front of the Yang household. He looked at my suit and nodded. “Nice suit.”

 

As we both ascend to the front door of the large estate, many older men exchanged cautious looks our way. I keep my eyes forward and tried not to cause any attention to myself or Yoseob. A small amount of people were lounging out in the front of the building. Wine glasses filled with white wine were held in their hands and the older woman standing there looked up at us. A few gasped, placing their small hand over their mouths. I look over at Yoseob and he quickly turned his head away. He opened the door himself instead of waiting for the so called butler to open it.

 

The inside was beautiful. I looked up at the tall ceiling and the large chandelier shining brightly below all the guests standing in the main hall. I followed Yoseob around and I knew he was looking for his parents. We both gained a couple of stares from people, but I figured it was because of Yoseob. He was a Yang after all.

 

“Wait, do your parents know you're coming?” I asked, trying to get his attention. Yoseob heard me, I knew he did, but he didn't answer I kept quiet, not wanting to upset him anymore. He was looking very upset, Yoseob was basically fuming looking for his parents.

 

Following him into the west wing of the large estate, we both stopped to a young looking female holding a wine glass in her hand. Her jet black hair was pinned into a high bun that were coated in sequins. Her long white strapless dress flowed down to the floor. Yoseob froze and stared at her. Her eyes were gazing back, surprised also.

 

“Yo...Yoseob?” She spoke quietly and then she looked at me, then back at him. “I thought...I thought you weren't allowed here again.”

 

“I'm here to see my parents,” Yoseob replies, very stern in his voice also. “Where are they?”

 

The young lady took a sip of her drink and perked her lips up, curling them into a smile. “And you actually think they want to see you right now?” Yoseob stepped back, lifting an eyebrow at the girl. “There was a reason why they disowned you, I suggest you turn back unless you want to be humiliated...again.”

 

My friend only chuckled and stepped toward her, close to her face. He looked disturbed and sadistic, like a psycho. An expression of fear washed over face. She clutched the glass with both of her small manicured hands. “Even though I loved you for being my ex-fiance, you're still a cold, evil, conniving , just like how I left you.” After that brief moment of intensity, Yoseob shoved her out of the way and began walking again. As I followed him I was in complete shock. Yoseob was colder than I imagined. The way he looked at people around him and the way he moved through crowds disrespectfully, I tried to figure out why he was acting like this.

 

And as soon as we stopped, I could see why.

 

“Mother, father...” Yoseob began, walking up to them. He had a more gentle and kind look on his face other than a couple of seconds ago. I stand over to the side and observe all three of them. Yoseob was a bit taller than his own father, who was holding a small glass full of a brown liquid. His very petite and small mother stood behind the powerful man, holding a small wine glass in her hand. Her long red dress was standing out among the crowd.

 

I slightly held my breath. The conversations in the room came to a halt once everyone saw Yoseob face to face with his father, Mr. Yang. The older man's face crumpled up in annoyance. Yoseob's mother stared at him with her large eyes. “Yoseob...?” She pushed a curly strand of hair behind her ear, walking closer to him. “What—“

 

“What are you doing here?” His father asked, interrupting her. Yoseob quickly looked around himself and saw how quiet everyone was now. All eyes were on him, waiting for an answer.

 

“I wanted to have dinner, and talk about things...specifically college. I had a favor to ask from you—“

 

“And you come here out of all times?” Yoseob didn't say anything after that, he glanced down at the floor. “If it's about money, leave. I have no time to worry about your financial problems.” A small chuckle came next to me and I saw it was a young guy, who was smirking at Yoseob. I actually was beginning to feel sorry for Yoseob and wanted to grab his arm and tell him to leave. “Leave, at once.” Yoseob clenched his fist tight and even tighter.

 

Then in a blink of an eye, he lunged at his own father.

 

I run, along with several guys following me and I grab Yoseob from behind. He tries to break free but I keep him in my arms, carrying him towards the exit of the large mansion. “You piece of ! You'll never have time for me!” All eyes were on us for sure. His mother looked hurt, I knew she was. I continue pushing him until we reached outside. The familiar girl that talked to Yoseob earlier was standing there, a small grin on her face. I let go of him and Yoseob quickly walked down the steps to his car. I followed him, closely behind. “I'm leaving,” he says, opening his car door. “I'm sorry I made you go through all of this. I just knew I probably would've did that.”

 

“It's...no problem. Just, sleep it off alright?” I looked at his face, and I could see Yoseob wasn't trying to cry. “Want me to follow you home?”

 

“No, I'll be fine. See you.” And with that, he stepped into his car and drove off fast. I stand there still, watching him drive off fast. Sighing, I look back at the brightly lit home and see people still standing at the front door, staring at me. I didn't want to stay there, so I drive off.

 

 

Ж

 

Walking inside the side door of the tall dorm building, the place was still brightly lit. People were still walking along the halls of the dorms going in and out. I had already ed my shirt a little more, the hot humid air outside was causing me to sweat and I wanted to get inside the air conditioned building as soon as possible. The moment I walked out of the elevator, I see Chanel at the snack machine. She was still wearing the same attire I saw her in earlier. Without thinking, I call out her name.

 

Her head turns my way and she grinned. “Hey, I thought you would be back later...did something happen?”

 

“Oh no, nothing happened at all. Just, a quick dinner party. A very quick one.” Chanel picks up a small drink from the vending machine and opens it. I watched her drink a small amount before she speaks again.

 

“Well...I was heading back to my room. I was watching a movie alone. I'm not sure if you wanted to come watch. It's a horror movie.” Smiling I nod and begin following her. “I'm sorry you feel if I'm so persistent on making you watch a movie with me. I still feel like I need to return the favor.”

 

“Return the favor of what?” By the time I asked her that, Chanel was already opening her door. And then for some reason, my body got hot and the look in her eyes looked very promising. I slowly took my suit jacket off, showing my partially exposed chest, still gazing at her. Chanel was walking in backwards facing me and I clicked the door shut...


WHOOO. I'm sorry for no update yesterday T.T I was busy trying to finish this long chapter! Also, I would like to point out that school is coming up for me and it may be very hard to update as frequently as I have been doing. But please I will NOT go on haitus. I will update as soon as possible. Please subscribe, upvote, and comment! I thank everyone who has commented and subscribed so far! I love you guys! <3