xiv.

100 Days of Chanel

100 days of chanel                                                                               14


 

 

 

 

I was slammed against the wall, my t-shirt wrinkled, my cheek bruised and staring in the eyes of Yongguk himself. His eyelid was cut and bruised badly and he was puffing out air like mad, he was careless. I knew he was seeing red everywhere, because the moment he let go of me, I dodged his punch that went straight through the wall. I stand there, astonished at him as he struggles to wiggle free through the debris and I knew for a fact someone was going to come up soon and wonder what all the noise was about. Chanel was standing there, watching the whole thing and I see an expression that I thought I would never see. Calmness. She was standing there, eyeing Yongguk like everything he did was the usual. A nonchalant look with a tinge of sadness was on her face as I kept looking.

 

 

“Yongguk,” she says, touching his arm. I stand there, watching the two. “Stop it.” He turns his head back towards me and only scowls, finally releasing his hand from the wall and charging toward me. Chanel grabs him by his arm and pulls him back, yelling. “Stop!”

 

 

“I saw you!” Yongguk begins yelling at her, his voice sends chills down my spine and I grow angry because he's taking his anger out on her. Her small hand is still on his wrist and he yanks it away. “I ing saw you with him!” I see her crying now and tears are falling endlessly.

 

 

“I know, I—“

 

 

“How the hell am I supposed to trust you?! After you laid up with this guy—“

 

 

“Stop it Yongguk!” I walk towards them and he looks at me, eyes dark with anger. “Don't blame it all on her, only yell at me. It's...it's my fault.” He only his head to the side and he looks back at her. She looked hopeless and ashamed. My whole body was tense and I could feel the sense that she was staring. I look at Chanel and her arms are crossed, her head down.

 

 

So this was it. It was all true. How could you be so stupid Dongwoon? They were together. But...she had to know all along, and she let it end up like this. I was blind towards everything and she knew. Chanel knew.

 

 

“The is going on?!” I turn and see an angry Junhyung, Gikwang and surprisingly I see Doojoon. His eyes were fixated on Yongguk and the hole in the wall. Junhyung charged at Yongguk, but I stopped him, not letting things get worse. “Why the are you starting again?! Can't you get the ing hint?!”

 

 

“Tell your friend to get the hint!” His deep voice fills the hallway and more people run in, watching the scene.

 

 

Clenching my fist, I swallow hard. I heard people whispering my name and saying rude comments such as, “He wasn't in love with her was he?” and “He's wasting his time! He could get kicked out.” Humiliation overcomes me and I feel like punching a wall myself, I'm mad at everyone. I'm pissed off because of her. She lied about everything. And I guess I was a toy after all because Chanel isn't saying a word and isn't fighting with him. She's letting him take control.

 

 

Her sad face doesn't phase me anymore. I don't acknowledge anything she says. Everything that comes out of is pure garbage. “Dongwoon,” she whimpers. I look away, not even attempting to look at her face. “Dongwoon please....” And I thought she was the one.

 

 

“Tell him!”

 

 

“I'm sorry I...I shouldn't have lied to you. I shouldn't have...just don't hate me please.”

 

 

“Dongwoon don't listen to her. I bet she's not even sorry,” Doojoon chimes in. I had forgotten he was behind me and he walks up, eying both of them. “If she's lied to you this much, what makes you think she's telling the truth now?”

 

 

 

Yongguk's grip on her was very firm and I didn't say a word. Words couldn't describe the situation at the moment. I felt like this couldn't happen to me, and that Chanel was truly the one I was going to fall in love with. I was a target for her, I had to be. From the moment we talked in Starbucks I had to be a target. I was only in her interest when her boyfriend left.

 

 

 

“Let's just say you can't hide !” Yongguk says to her. “Tell him about how long we've been together, how many times I've met your parents. Then you're just gonna cheat on me while I was in L.A., who does that?” Seeing the embarrassed look in Chanel's eyes I didn't feel any remorse. It was all on her.

 

 

 

Wiping the corner of my mouth, I see a small amount of blood on my hand and I look up to see him arguing with her again. The crowd behind me was chuckling and giggling now and my insides burn with embarrassment. A way to get yourself noticed—get into a messy love triangle with a girl with a hot headed boyfriend. Both of our eyes meet and he cracks his knuckles, waiting for the first punch. I stand there, not wanting to continue this even further.

 

 

Chanel's boyfriend only laughs and he smirks at me, “Aw, the poor guy is sad now, doesn't wanna fight. Didn't believe me when you had the chance.” I only stand there, hands ready and eyes focused. “Chanel never wanted you, you were just a side line. Isn't that right?”

 

 

Side line.

 

 

 

I lunge at him, not caring who saw me because I had snapped and Yongguk had hit my limit. Screams were all around me and all I saw was him trying to hit back. I had him on his back and I was on top of him, punching everywhere I could. “Dongwoon!” I hear my friends calling me but I was ignoring him. Everything was happening so fast until I feel a pair of arms grab me hard and yank me off Yongguk.

 

 

“He's done alright, let it go. Let it go...” Gikwang was on one side of me and Junhyung on the other. I shrug them off and walk backward, looking at the weak body on the floor. He was coughing and holding his stomach gasping for air. I turn around and look at all the people who were standing there. Hyunseung, Nicole, Jongdae, my friends and random people on campus. The looks on their faces were shocked, mortification and disappointment. The dorm president was there too, clearly furious at the whole thing.

 

 

I wipe my mouth and see the maroon fluid running off my hand, in more amounts this time. Taking a deep breath and begin walking, eying his body on the floor. Chanel looks up at me and her eyes are filled with tears, threatening to fall. I ignore her and turn around until the last thing I hear is a scream, “WATCH—“

 

 

 

Ж

 

 

Dongwoon! Oh my god, please wake up! Please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Get some water!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Apply pressure...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes were too weak to open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...can you hear me?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My mouth was dry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have to get him to a hospital! He's not waking up!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I couldn't move my body.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...he's breathing.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...he's waking up! He's waking up!”

 

 

 

I groan, trying to rest my elbow on the soft cushion under me. A pair of cold, soft hands touch my face and I try to open my eyes. I could feel one of them was swollen, I just didn't know which one. A pair of small, brown eyes met mine and I blink, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. “Dongwoon, speak, please.” Then I knew Nicole was trying to slap me awake. “Please saying something!”

 

 

“He can barely talk right now, Nicole. Stop expecting him to say something.” Trying to sit up, it's like the punch hits me again and I collapse right on the bed, wincing at the horrible pain. “Dongwoon, it's me Junhyung. Can you hear me?”

 

 

Attempting to sit up again, I feel hands sit me up in bed and prop me up against a pillow. An ice pack was placed on my cheek bone and I lift my arm up, taking it away from Nicole. I was in my dorm room, and it was packed with everyone. Gikwang, Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Junhyung. Nicole was sitting on the bed, her hand caressing my face and staring at the damage that was done.

 

 

“Wha—“ I stop and feel the pain taking over me.

 

 

“Yongguk sneaked up behind you and hit you...hard.” Junhyung had taken a seat at my study desk.

 

 

“Someone had called the cops, they saw him arguing with Chanel as they stood in the hall.” Doojoon said. “The dorm manager is pissed. He doesn't know who made damage to the wall so he's just going to handle this situation with us and not tell the President about this. I took the blame and I'm paying for everything.”

 

 

“Doojoon—ah!” Nicole holds her hand against the ice pack and I let my hand down. I wanted to argue with him and say no. I should be taking all the blame, this was my fight after all.

 

 

“Don't even think about it. I know what you're thinking. Let me deal with this alright?”

 

 

Not saying a word, I lean my head back and groan in annoyance. I couldn't believe that I had gotten in a fight about her. All the months I had went through with her, I was being lied to this whole time. Taking a deep breath, I manage to move my body off my bed and sit on the edge. Nicole stands up and takes a spot in the back of the room. Junhyung takes a seat next to me on my bed. “Hey, don't sweat it alright? A guy always gets in a fight about a girl once in his life. Don't get caught up about her.”

 

 

“And don't get worked up about that .” Doojoon says while rolling his eyes. Looking up at him, I see him grinning and we give each other a handshake before he has to run off. “I gotta go to a meeting in Incheon. I'll be back later...maybe for dinner.” I look at Junhyung, Hyunseung and Gikwang and they all look equally satisfied with his dedication.

 

 

“See you,” I say, watching him as he walked out. That left Nicole and the others.

 

 

“Um, you need anything?” Junhyung asks, getting up from his seat.

 

 

I had noticed his behavior had changed since the last breakout with him and Hyunseung. But I still had noticed Hyunseung keeping a minimum distance away from the guy. He was quiet and reserved as usual, and he occasionally looked at me. He was probably looking at the scars. I didn't know if they talked or not, maybe it was better if I didn't know.

 

 

“Maybe you should get a little bit of rest,” Junhyung says, standing up from his seat. Hyunseung just watches him. Nicole stands in the same area she was in. “Me and everyone else will be back in here later.”

 

 

“I'll bring food,” Gikwang adds in. “Just get some rest alright? You need it.”

 

 

I nod and watch as all three exited the room, leaving Nicole. We only stare at each other and she doesn't say a word. She pulls a strand of hair behind her ear and only crosses her arms, face still expressionless. I knew a tinge of happiness was in her, knowing that me and Chanel were over. There had to be. Maybe it was fate, maybe she was destined to be alone in my room. Maybe it was fate for me to be in this type of situation. I guess it was fate that Chanel and I were over, done. I was destined not to live under a lie. As time went on, she just looks and doesn't say a word. And that's the way she leaves my room, no words.

 

 

But how can I say Chanel and I were over, when we really never started?

 


 

A/N

Hi everyone! This chapter is kind of short (in my opinion) and I've decided to seperate it into two parts. If I wrote it all in one chapter it would've been too long and I didn't want to do that to you all! A lot of confessions and stuff being brought up in the next chapter :3 Almost towards the end! I'm so happy that I've gotten the amount of feedback from this story! From the comments, to the subscriptions, to the upvotes I really really appreciate it! As always please, comment, subscribe and upvote! <3