Busan

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You let out a sigh of relief as you exited the recording studio with Jimin. It had been three days since your debut party and you haven’t spoken to Yonghwa since. You were extremely busy recording another new song with Jimin and it had just wrapped up today.

“I’m going to hit the gym,” said Jimin as the both of you walked along the corridor. “Do you want to come along?”

You shook your head. “I can’t. I'm supposed to attend a radio interview with Jonghyun later.”

“Oh look, speak of the devil!” Jimin laughed as she pointed to five figures just right ahead.

All the members of CN Blue were together with Manager Kim and it looked as though Manager Kim had just finished briefing them. You felt your footsteps grow heavier as you slowly approached the group.

“Yah, great to see the both of you here!” chirped Manager Kim happily.

Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk smiled at you and Jimin cheerfully as Yonghwa simply stared at you. You managed to give the three guys a small smile in return.

“Noona, have you heard?” Jungshin asked excitedly. “You’ll be going to Busan in three days!”

“Huh?” You gasped at him.

Manager Kim laughed, “Sorry, I was just about to tell you. The producers of We Got Married has arranged for you and Jonghyun to take a trip to meet his family.”

“What?” Both you and Jimin exclaimed in disbelief.

“W-Why?” You asked.

Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, Jonghyun replied, “They thought that it’s the right time since many fans have jumped to the conclusion that we’re really dating.”

“W-Why would they think that?” You spluttered.

“From the ice cream incident of course!” Manager Kim chipped in. “Seriously, why were the both of you out alone? Are you guys really dating?”

You expected Jungshin and Minhyuk to laugh but no one did as everyone except Yonghwa and Jonghyun gazed at you with curious expressions.

“Of course not!” You said hurriedly.

“You know,” Minhyuk said thoughtfully. “Initially I was only joking around about noona and Jonghyun hyung, but from the looks of it now, it really looks like the both of you have feelings for each other.”

You fell silent as you remembered Jonghyun’s confession from the other day.

“So how long do they have to be in Busan?” Jimin asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“They’ll be staying over for a night.” Manager Kim said and then turned to both you and Jonghyun. “And the producers instructed that the both of you have to sleep in Jonghyun’s old bedroom.”

This time, both you and Jonghyun stared at Manager Kim in surprise.

“Isn’t that taking things a little too far?” Yonghwa spoke up suddenly, his face serious.

“They won’t be sharing the same bed, of course,” Manager Kim said quickly. “Jonghyun will offer his bed and take the floor. Jonghyun-ah, you’re okay with that right?”

Jonghyun nodded as Yonghwa interrupted, “Why can’t she sleep somewhere else?”

"Come on, it's just one night. Besides, the fans will love it and this will boost their popularity! It's a win-win situation!" Manager Kim said jovially.

"I'm sure Jonghyun's house have a guest room available. Besides, Jonghyun doesn't like anyone invading his personal space." Yonghwa retorted.

Manager Kim along with Jimin, Jungshin and Minhyuk raised their eyebrows at Yonghwa’s odd behaviour but Yonghwa ignored their looks as he stared at Manager Kim, waiting for an answer.

“My parent’s apartment isn’t that big.” Jonghyun said. “I don’t mind sharing my room.”

Yonghwa’s gaze drifted back to Jonghyun and you thought you saw a slight tension between them as they continued to stare at each other. You didn’t like this as you cleared your throat.

“I’m okay with the arrangements,” You mumbled, avoiding both of the boys’ gaze which was now on you.

“Great!” Manager Kim clapped his hands in delight and then turned to Jimin, Jungshin and Minhyuk. “Come, the FNC President wishes to speak to the three of you.”

Manager Kim then left with the three of them, leaving you, Jonghyun and Yonghwa alone. The three of you had gone silent and you could sense the awkward atmosphere. You haven't talked to Jonghyun much lately as his confession from the other day had scared you a little and you did your best to avoid him as much as you can.

"There's still two hours left until the interview," You said uncomfortably. "I'll meet you then, Jonghyun."

You were about to leave when Jonghyun reached out and held your wrist. Startled, you turned to look at him.

"Have you been avoiding me?" Jonghyun asked gently.

Yonghwa was still present and your gaze went to him unknowingly. It didn't seem like Yonghwa was leaving as he simply stared at both you and Jonghyun.

You pulled away from Jonghyun's grasp gently as you forced a small smile, "Of course not."

"You're feeling uncomfortable right?" Jonghyun asked regretfully.

You said nothing as Jonghyun continued, "Or are you in love with someone else?"

You didn't know why but his question made you look up at Yonghwa. He caught your eyes and you quickly looked away, regretting your mistake of looking at him.

"I don't know," You replied. "I just don't feel like talking about this now."

Jonghyun nodded, "I understand. But I'll be waiting for an answer."

Without another word, Jonghyun gave you a small smile as he left. You turned around to leave but as you walked along the empty corridor, you noticed Yonghwa falling in step beside you.

"Are you really okay with sharing a room with Jonghyun?" Yonghwa asked.

"Why not?" You replied, without looking at him.

"Yah, are you serious?" Yonghwa asked angrily as he turned to you.

You deliberately shrugged and it seemed to annoy him further as he pulled you to a stop.

"You can't share a room with him." Yonghwa said firmly.

"Nothing is going to happen. Besides, it doesn't concern you, does it?" You replied him coldly.

Yonghwa swallowed hard and then he finally said, "Fine, you're right. It's none of my business. Whatever happens between the both of you has nothing got to do with me."

"Of course." You said curtly.

"Good." Yonghwa replied coldly as he stalked off.

==========================================================

It was almost nine when you and Jonghyun had reached your dorms after the radio interview. You suddenly remembered that you were running out of batteries for your alarm clock and decided to walk to the nearest convenience store which was 15 minutes away.

"Aren't you coming up?" Jonghyun asked as he held the dorm building's door open for you.

"I'll head up later. I just remembered I need to buy something from the convenience store," You told Jonghyun. "Go ahead."

"Do you want me to go with you?" Jonghyun offered. "It's pretty late."

You shook your head, "It's okay, it'll be quick and you have to be up early tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" Jonghyun asked.

You gave him a small smile, "I'll be fine. Kamsahamnida."

Jonghyun nodded and proceeded into the building as you walked towards the convenience store. The night was cool and you picked up your pace as you hurried along the quiet street. You finally reached the store and headed in and bought the batteries.

You exited the store immediately after your purchase and hurried back to the dorms. You weren’t sure if you were imagining it but you had the feeling that someone seemed to be watching you.

Your heart thumped loudly against your chest as your pace quickened. You could hear slight footsteps behind you. You whipped your head around but noticed that there wasn't anyone in sight. Were you just imagining things?

Nonetheless, you were still freaked out as you felt goosebumps on your arms. The footsteps seem to be getting louder with every step you take and finally, you couldn't take it anymore and started running as fast as you can towards your building.

You turned your head and gasped when you noticed a hooded figure running towards you from a distance. Panicking, you ran as fast as you could and almost cried with relief when you know your building is nearing. You ran round a corner and screamed when you felt yourself colliding into someone.

Was it the hooded person? You stumbled slightly and looked up quickly to find Yonghwa staring at you. Relief flooded over you and you've never felt so happy to see him.

"Yah, are you okay?" He asked peering over your shoulder. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

You took a huge gulp of air and turned your head around. The street behind you was deserted. The hooded figure was gone.

"Was someone chasing you?" Yonghwa asked immediately.

"I think so." You said as you continued to stare at the empty street behind you.

"Was it a reporter?" Yonghwa asked.

You shook your head as the both of you walked towards the dorms.

"I don't think so," You replied. "That person was in a hood. A reporter wouldn't have chased me down the street."

Yonghwa looked at you and you could see the worry in his eyes.

"It's probably just a random jogger." You said with a hollow laugh. "I must be going crazy."

"Maybe... But you still have to be careful." Yonghwa said seriously.

You nodded as the both of you entered the building.

"Get Jonghyun to accompany you next time if you're walking down that street. It's pretty dark there." Yonghwa said.

"Jonghyun?" You echoed, raising your eyebrows. "Why him?"

"Shouldn't you ask him since the both of you are going to sleep in the same room soon?" Yonghwa asked stiffly.

You glared at him, annoyed, "Yah, why are you still going on about that?"

"Isn't that true?" He replied. "Doesn't sleeping together make him your boyfriend?"

"What?" You exclaimed. "We're doing that for the show! Besides, we're not going to sleep on the same bed!"

"What d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter