Kit-Kats

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The both of you broke apart for air and then you let out a heavy sigh.

Widening his eyes at you, Yonghwa asked, “Was it that bad?”

“No, of course not!” You said frantically and blushed. “I’m just thinking about Jonghyun.”

Yonghwa stared at you, silent, and you could see that this was a major problem for him as well.

“I don’t think we should tell anyone about us.” You said.

Yonghwa gave a small nod. “I think so too. Jonghyun… he might not take it well.”

“I’ll just let him know that I don’t have any feelings for him at all.” You said.

Yonghwa sighed as he pulled you into a hug. “I wish we could tell at least Jimin, Jungshin and Minhyuk but we can’t. Sorry to be putting you through this.”

You smiled, “It’s okay. Besides, we’re not allowed to date so the lesser people who knows about us, the better.”

Yonghwa smiled grimly, “Sometimes I wish I wasn’t in this industry.”

You pulled back from him and smacked his arm, “Yah, don’t say things like that. We wouldn’t have met if you weren’t in the entertainment industry.”

Yonghwa laughed, “You’re right.”

The sun was rising as the both of you turned to stare into the horizon. Neither of you uttered a single word as the both of you watched the sunrise in comfortable silence.

After a while, Yonghwa turned to you and said reluctantly, "I have to head back to Seoul before anyone else sees me here."

You nodded and gave a small smile. Yonghwa pulled you into his arms immediately and sighed.

"How I wish we could stay longer like this." He said wistfully.

You noticed several morning joggers were having their run and you pushed him off gently.

"Me too," You said. "But you have to go. We'd be in trouble if anyone spots us together."

Yonghwa nodded as he pulled his hood up and waved at you.

"I'll see you back in Seoul later then." He said.

You nodded and waved goodbye to him as you watched him jog away. You watched him disappear around a corner and then headed back to Jonghyun's parents' apartment.

You opened the door to find both his parents already awake and you bowed hastily as they beamed at you.

"Omo, you're up early!" Jonghyun's mother exclaimed. "Where did you go?"

"I went to the beach to watch the sunrise." You replied.

"You could have asked Jonghyun to go with you." Jonghyun's mother said.

You smiled, "It's okay. I didn't want to wake him up."

Just then, there was a knock on the front door and you knew that it was the staff, ready to start filming for the day.

=====================================================

The rest of the Busan trip whizzed by pretty quickly. After the staff had arrived, they had filmed both you and Jonghyun shopping for groceries at the nearby supermarket and the both of you preparing lunch for his parents. After lunch, it was time to bid his parents goodbye and his parents had kept telling you on and off camera that they would really like to see you back again.

You, Jonghyun and the rest of the crew were now in the train back to Seoul and you slept all the way as you didn't manage to catch a wink the previous night.

"Wake up," You heard Jonghyun say. "We're reaching in 15 minutes."

You stirred awake and yawned. Looking at your phone, you noticed that it was already six in the evening.

"Manager Kim just called to tell me that we're getting the rest of the day off." Jonghyun said.

"Great," You said sleepily. "I really need to head back and sleep."

"Why are you so tired?" Jonghyun asked, amused.

Stifling another yawn, you replied, "I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Oh right, you went to the beach early in the morning." Jonghyun replied. "How was it?"

"It's beautiful." You smiled happily, thinking about the beach, Yonghwa's confession and the kiss all at the same time.

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and laughed, "You look like you really like that beach."

You laughed and nodded. It wasn't really the beach but it was what had happened at the beach that had made you incredibly happy. You took your phone out from your pocket and noticed a text from Yonghwa.

Taking a quick glance at Jonghyun who wasn't paying attention, you opened the text.

From: Jung Yonghwa 16:32
I heard from Manager Kim that your train will reach at six. I can't wait to see you later. :)

You smiled to yourself as you quickly replied him.

Me too. :)

"You seem really happy today." Jonghyun remarked as you slipped your phone back to your pocket.

Clearing your throat, you answered, "I guess hearing that I got the rest of the day off really makes me happy."

Jonghyun laughed and agreed as the train pulled to a stop. The both of you gathered your belongings and when the both of you got off the train, you noticed Manager Kim and Yonghwa hurrying over. Yonghwa! What was he doing here? Manager Kim was supposed to be the only person picking the both of you up.

You darted a quick look at Yonghwa but he merely greeted both you and Jonghyun with a friendly smile.

"Hyung, why are you here?" Jonghyun asked, surprised.

"That punk," grumbled Manager Kim, referring to Yonghwa. "Jonghyun ah, can you believe he told me he wanted to come when I was already halfway here? He made me go all the way back to FNC to pick him up."

"Why?" Jonghyun asked, raising his eyesbrows as the four of you made your way to the parking lot.

"He said he wanted to eat those limited edition flavoured kit kats that were only available in airports." Manager Kim said and rolled his eyes as he pointed to the huge plastic bag Yonghwa was carrying.

You stared at the bag in disbelief. You never knew Yonghwa love those kit kats so much. Yonghwa said nothing as he tore open a kit kat wrapper and continued snacking.

"We could have bought them for you." Jonghyun said.

Manager Kim nodded vigorously, "That's what I said, but this punk said the kit kats were too precious, he wanted to get them himself."

"It is." Yonghwa chipped in as Manager Kim rolled his eyes.

The four of you reached the FNC van and Jonghyun headed in first. You were about to go next when Yonghwa gently nudged you aside as he quickly climbed in after Jonghyun. You raised your eyebrows but said nothing and climbed in after Yonghwa.

The three of you sat quietly with Yonghwa in the middle with his kit kats as Manager Kim rambled on about everyone's schedules as he drove.

"What do you think of acting in a drama, ______-ah?" Manager Kim asked.

"I've never tried acting but I think it'll be fun. Why?" You asked.

Manager Kim chuckled, "You know the Hong sisters right?"

You nodded immediately. Who wouldn't know the famous Hong sisters? They were known for their dramas in the Korean entertainment industry. Yonghwa had also worked with them before.

"They're interested to cast you in their upcoming drama." Manager Kim announced gleefully.

You widened your eyes Manager Kim continued, "Of course you'll have to go for the audition. But if you manage to get the part, your face will definitely be known throughout Asia!"

You turned to both Yonghwa and Jonghyun excitedly but your smile deflated when you noticed Yonghwa busy texting away on his phone. He didn't seem to care and you felt a pang of hurt.

Jonghyun smiled, "Way to go! Let me know when you get the script, okay?"

You tried your best to smile at Jonghyun and nodded just when your phone vibrated. Unlocking your phone, you saw a text from Yonghwa.

From: Jung Yonghwa 18:50
Congratulations! I couldn't do that in person as I would look suspicious in front of Jonghyun and Manager Kim. You can do well. Fighting! :)

Before you could hit reply, another text by Yonghwa came in.

From: Jung Yonghwa 18:51
Yah! What's with the disappointed face? Do you really think I wouldn't care? Of course I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter