Goodbye

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I just realised AFF actually censored some words from my previous chapters which really annoys me. So I apologise if you actually noticed some missing words. I'm going back to fix it now.Sorry about it again!

Words to note: Annyeong - Hello/Goodbye 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Manager Kim sent you straight back to your dorm after his talk with you and as soon as you entered, Jimin enveloped you in a hug.

“I just saw everything on TV!” She cried. “Why did you have to lie to the media? Why didn't you tell them the truth?”

“Yah, you're crushing me.” You joked and pulled away.

You looked into Jimin's watery eyes as she stared at you.

“Why did you do that?” She asked again.

You forced a smile which turned out to be a grimace instead, “It doesn't matter.”

“It's because of us, isn't it?” Jimin asked. “You didn't want to bring us down with you, right?”

You said nothing as you made your way back to your room. Jimin followed behind you as you dragged out your luggage and opened it up. You started putting all your stuff in and she stared at you.

“What are you doing? Where are you going?”

“I'm going back to our old apartment.” You replied.

“Why?” She asked frantically. “Did the President chase you out?”

You stuffed all your clothes in and then turned to empty your drawer of make-up, “No, he didn't. I just need to get away for a while.”

“Why?” Jimin asked again.

You sighed and then turned to her, “My career is over. I shouldn't be staying here anymore.”

“B-But, we need you here.” Jimin protested weakly.

You smiled and hugged her, “Don't worry, you'll be fine.”

You watched Jimin blink back her tears as you stuff the last of your personal possesions in the luggage. Just then, you heard frantic knocks on your door and then a familiar voice shouting.

“Open up! We need to talk!” Yonghwa shouted.

Jimin leapt up and made her way to the living room and she opened the door to let Yonghwa and Jonghyun in.

Just as you finished zipping your luggage close, the two boys appeared in front of your room.

“Why did you do that?” Yonghwa asked immediately as he walked towards you.

You took a step back away from him and replied, “There's no why. I think it's the best way out for everyone.”

“Did someone force you to say that?” Jonghyun asked.

You shook your head immediately, “No, I did it willingly.”

“Why?” Yonghwa repeated.

You smiled and avoided his gaze, “Don't worry. It's fine.”

“That's not even an explanation.” Yonghwa replied angrily.

You said nothing and then Yonghwa turned to Jonghyun, “Could you give us a moment?”

Jonghyun nodded and left the room after closing your room's door. Yonghwa was still staring at you and you could only look down. You were afraid to look at him, afraid that once you stare into his eyes, your resolve to end this would be broken.

“Don't you know what you just did just ended your career?” Yonghwa said as he took another step towards you.

Again, you backed away in silence.

“Tell me why you said all those things earlier.” Yonghwa demanded. “Why did you say those crazy things?!”

You finally looked up with a steely gaze, “Yonghwa-ssi, whatever I said doesn't really concern you, does it?”

Yonghwa stared at you, “What?”

You laughed, “I told you clearly last night. It's over between us. I don't have to explain anything to you. You're nobody to me.”

You saw Yonghwa flinch at your last sentence and you felt your heart ache.

“How can you just say that?” Yonghwa asked.

“Why not?” You replied and sat down on your bed. “I don't think we can ever work out. So please stop wasting my time and yours.”

You didn't know if you and Yonghwa could ever work things out. But for one, you were certain that every minute with Yonghwa was never a waste of time for you. But you needed him to leave you alone. He needs to go back to his music and you just have to disappear from his life. Staying in his life would do his career no good as everyone would once again label him as someone who stole 'Jonghyun's girl'. And a part of you believed that Yonghwa would be able to find someone else... someone who is much suited for him than you ever will be.

“Is that really how you feel?” Yonghwa asked, his voice slightly quivering.

“Neh.” You replied firmly.

“Fine, I got it.” Yonghwa replied and without another word, he turned and left your room.

You heard him leave your dorm and then Jonghyun entered your room.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked softly. “I saw hyung's face and he didn't look good.”

You shook your head as tears started falling. Jonghyun went to you and wrapped his arms around you immediately.

“I can't stay here anymore. I need to leave. I don't want to see him anymore.” You cried.

“Shh, it's okay,” Jonghyun whispered. “Where do you want to go? I'll bring you.”

“To my old apartment.” You whimpered.

Jonghyun nodded, “Then I'll bring you over right now.”

You broke apart from Jonghyun and he picked up your luggage. The both of you left your room to find Jimin waiting in the living room.

“Are you leaving now?” Jimin asked.

You nodded, “Neh, Jonghyun will be going with me.”

“Do you want me to come along?” Jimin asked.

You shook your head, “No, you have recording later. Just continue what you have to do. I'll call you later, okay?”

Jimin nodded and you left the dorm with Jonghyun.

 

=================================

 

It had been a week and you had avoided the internet and TV and even heading outside. You had a feeling your confession was still a hot topic and you didn't dare to step out at all. You haven't heard from Yonghwa as he had not texted nor called you. A small part of you was disappointed but you knew it was for the best. Jimin and Jonghyun had been taking turns accompanying you and bringing you food. Manager Kim, Jungshin and Minhyuk had dropped by several times too.

Your doorbell buzzed and you opened the door to let Jonghyun in. He had brought dinner over to eat with you.

“So what have you been up to lately?” You asked as the both of you sat down at the dining table.

“The usual. Going for lots of interviews and recordings.” Jonghyun replied.

“Is anyone still asking about us?” You asked curiously.

Jonghyun smiled, “Manager Kim has told the producers and hosts that I will not be answering any personal questions. Same for hyung.”

“Ah.” You replied as you dug your chopsticks into your rice. “That's good. People should concentrate on your music instead of stuff like these.”

Jonghyun nodded and then looked up at you, “Have you talked to Yong-”

“Is this salmon?” You interrupted Jonghyun. “It tastes really good.”

Jonghyun sighed, “You can't keep avoiding talking about hyung.”

You glared at Jonghyun, “Yah, Lee Jonghyun, are you here to bum me out?”

“No, it's just-”

“Then stop talking and start eating!” You waved your chopsticks at his food.

Jonghyun let out another sigh and nodded. You had been avoiding the topic of Yonghwa lately. Whenever Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter