Too Sweet Potatoes

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words to note: Mianhe – Sorry; Chongmal Mianhe – Really sorry

-------------------------------------------------------

 

The tears continued to trickle down your face as you sat on your bed. After Yonghwa had chased you out of his dorm an hour ago, you have returned to your dorm and tried calling him but his phone was shut off.

You did not know what to do as you stared into the darkness of your room. Jimin was still out so the dorm was too quiet for your liking. Wiping your tears away, you slowly let sleep consume you.

==========================

You didn’t know how long you had slept but your eyes flew open when you felt your mattress depress. The room was pitch dark but when you squint, you could see the silhouette of a man sitting beside you. Could it be the stalker from earlier today? Your eyes widened in horror but before you could open your mouth to scream, a familiar voice quickly spoke out.

“It’s okay, it’s me.” Yonghwa said as he took your hand in his.

You took a moment and let your eyes focus and saw Yonghwa looking at you.

“I thought you were…” You trailed off.

“The sasaeng fan?” Yonghwa replied.

“What time is it?” You asked sleepily as you sat up and pushed the hair out of your face. “Why are you here?”

“It’s four in the morning,” Yonghwa said softly. “Mianhe. I heard what happened from Manager Kim. Chongmal Mianhe.”

He looked so apologetic you forgave him immediately.

“It’s okay.” You replied.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there.” Yonghwa said as he pulled you into a hug.

“It’s not your fault.” You replied softly. “Besides, I’m okay.”

The both of you stayed silent for a moment before you pulled back and asked, “How did you get in?”

“Jimin let me in.” Yonghwa replied sheepishly.

You raised your eyebrows immediately and stared at him, “Won’t she find you odd?”

“She did.” Yonghwa admitted. “I had no choice but to tell her about us so that she’ll let me in.”

“What?” You widened your eyes. “Why? Why didn’t you wait until tomorrow morning?”

Running his fingers through his hair, Yonghwa sighed, “I couldn’t wait until tomorrow morning. I was so horrible to you earlier and I felt really bad.”

Despite now that Jimin knows about your secret relationship with Yonghwa, you felt yourself smile at Yonghwa’s words.

“Jimin promised to help us keep the secret.” Yonghwa added.

“I know she will.” You said.

A text came in as your phone beeped. Who could be texting you at this hour? You grabbed your phone that was on the corner of your bed and unlocked it to find a text from Jonghyun.

From: Lee Jonghyun 04:08
I hope you’re sleeping well and the incident this evening didn’t scare you too much. I know you’re probably asleep but I just wanted to tell you this.

“Why is Jonghyun saying all these?” Yonghwa said as he peered over your shoulder.

You quickly put your phone away and faced a very jealous looking Yonghwa.

“He’s just being nice.” You replied hastily.

Yonghwa did not seem convinced but decided to drop the topic, “Let’s not talk about this anymore.”

You were more than happy to stop talking about Jonghyun as you lay back in bed.

“Let’s have dinner tomorrow night after my practice with Seohyun.” Yonghwa said.

“Sure. I’ll be practicing as well so we can meet at seven after my practice.” You replied and yawned.

Yonghwa smiled and then stood up from your bed. He bent down to kiss you on the top of your head.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight.” He said softly and left after watching your eyelids flutter close.

=======================================

You were in one of the FNC practice room the very next morning at 9am with Jonghyun as the both of you brainstormed on what to do for your duet.

“What do you think of playing the guitar together?” Jonghyun asked.

“To what song?” You asked.

“We can do an acoustic version of your new rock song. This will help to publicize your song. What do you think?”

Your eyes brightened immediately, “I think that it’s a great idea!”

Jonghyun chuckled at your child-like behavior, “Good, it’s settled then.”

Picking up his guitar, Jonghyun started strumming and testing out the best way to sing your rock song. You remained silent as you simply stared at him concentrating. He was so immersed he didn’t even notice you staring until a knock on the door made him look up right into your eyes. You looked away quickly, embarrassed to have been caught staring at him.

“Hyung,” Jungshin called out to Jonghyun as he entered the room. “President wants you in his office right now.”

Jonghyun nodded and then turned to you, “I’ll be back in a while.”

You nodded and watched him leave the room.

“Noona, how’s the practice coming along?” Jungshin asked as he sat down beside you.

“We just came up with the idea of doing an acoustic version of my new song.” You replied.

“Ah, that sounds good,” Jungshin smiled. “But you two have to hurry though. I went over to talk to Yonghwa hyung and he’s having so much progress with Seohyun.”

“Is that so?” You replied and realized that your voice had sounded hollow.

Thankfully Jungshin didn’t notice and rambled on, “Don’t you think that Yonghwa hyung looks good with Seohyun? Every one of our friends says that. Even the girls from Seo Nyuh Shi Dae all says that. I personally think that Seohyun actually likes hyung. I watched them practice for a while and noticed that Seohyun kept looking and smiling at hyung. They were having so much fun practicing together it would be such a waste if they weren’t together.”

Jungshin’s words made you feel ill and you stood up immediately.

“Yah, noona, where are you going?” Jungshin asked as he stood up and followed you as you left the room.

“Sorry, Jungshin ah, I need to go to the bathroom.” You replied as you hurried to the bathroom.

Upon reaching the bathroom that was nearest to you, you quickly the tap and splashed water on your face. You gazed at yourself in the mirror and sighed. You looked troubled and dejected. Jungshin’s words echoed in your mind and you wondered if everyone truly wants Yonghwa and Seohyun to get together. Jungshin even mentioned that they were having fun practicing. And what was that thing about Seohyun staring at smiling at Yonghwa? You felt your skin grow cold just from the thought of that. Seohyun… She is just too pretty and sweet. How can you compete with someone like her?

You tore your gaze away from your reflection and walked out of the bathroom to find Jonghyun right outside.

“Are you okay? Jungshin told me you looked unwell.” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

You looked up and nodded, “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Jonghyun asked. “You look listless.”

You forced a smile on your face and nodded, “Come on, let’s get back to practicing.”

Jonghyun nodded and the both of you walked back to the practice room.

=====================================

It was 7pm and you heaved a sigh of relief as Jonghyun packed up his guitar and gathered his music scores. The both of you had spent the last 9 hours cooped up in the room practicing the guitar and singing your new song. Jonghyun had given you the easier parts of the guitar and the song had turned out to be really beautiful with the help of Jonghyun’s singing voice.

“Thanks again for helping me publicize my song.” You said gratefully.

Jonghyun smiled, “No problem, I enjoy trying out new songs.”

The both of you left the room and Jonghyun asked, “Do you want to check out Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun’s progress? I need to hand something to hyung.”

You nodded and he led you to the room which was at the next block. Before th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter