Is This Over?

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You made your way out of the FNC building immediately after you ran off from Yonghwa and Seohyun. You spotted a cab and flagged for it immediately. After telling the driver the address of your dorm, you leaned back onto the seat and exhaled.

You knew you should not have ran off like this but you felt overwhelmed and just wanted to get away. Just then, your phone rang and you looked down expecting to see Yonghwa's name flashing but it turned out to be Jimin instead.

“I just wanted to check with you if you left our new song lyrics on your table.” Jimin said as soon as you picked up.

“Oh, it's not,” You replied. “They're in the drawer.”

You heard shuffling from Jimin's side and then she said, “Okay, found it!”

“Jimin-ah,” You said softly.

Sensing that you were in distress, she answered immediately, “What? Did something happened?”

“No, don't worry,” You quickly explained. “I just need to talk to you about something.”

And then you told Jimin everything about your insecurities with Seohyun and how everyone kept commenting on what a wonderful couple they would make and what happened earlier.

“Well, I can understand your insecurities since they do seem to have a little bit of history...” Jimin replied slowly. “But I think it's wrong of you to run off just like this.”

You stayed silent as Jimin continued, “Honestly I don't think it's fair to Yonghwa when you just ran off like this. It isn't his fault Seohyun-ssi popped by and I'm sure he didn't want that either.”

You let Jimin's words sink in and then realised that what she said was right. Yonghwa didn't deserve to be treated like this by you.

“Jimin, I'm calling Yonghwa to apologise now. Thank you for the advice!” You said gratefully and hung up.

You quickly called Yonghwa and clenched your fist nervously waiting for him to pick up. After a few more rings, you decided to call again but again, he did not pick up. You decided to send him a text.

Are you busy? I'm sorry about leaving like that.

You waited for his reply impatiently and after two minutes, you sent him another text.

Mianhe. Chongmal mianhe... Forgive me??

Again no reply. Your cab came to a stop and you realised you were already in front of your dorm. You paid the cab driver and got out. Standing in front of the building, you stared at your phone waiting for Yonghwa's reply. Every minute felt like an hour as you continued staring at your phone. You decided to call him again and waited as it rang. Upon the fourth ring, the line went dead and you realised Yonghwa had just rejected your call.

You blinked a few times and then decided that he probably pressed on the wrong button. Again, you called him but this time, upon the second ring, he rejected your call again. Feeling incredibly hurt, you could only stare at your phone.

“Are you okay?”

You lifted your head up to find Jonghyun standing in front of you with a concerned expression.

“I saw you from my room upstairs. You've been standing here for a while. Is everything okay?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

“N-Neh,” You muttered and shoved your phone into your pocket. “I'm fine.”

Jonghyun stared at you, “I can tell you're not. You don't have to lie to me.”

Forcing a smile on your face, you replied, “Really, I'm okay.”

The both of you remained silent as you could not understand why Yonghwa would be rejecting your call. You could understand if he was angry with you but to reject your call was another thing. You couldn't let this rest so you decided to swing back to FNC to explain things to him.

You flagged for a cab much to Jonghyun's surprise as he asked, “Where are you going?”

“Don't worry, I'm okay.” You smiled and boarded the cab before he could say anything else.

The cab finally arrived at FNC and you sprinted your way to the music room. Upon reaching the door, you hesitated as your hand rested on the door handle. What if Yonghwa was too angry with you to listen to your explanation? After contemplating for a moment, you decided to go ahead and opened the door slowly.

What you saw at that moment made you froze as you could only stare at the two people in the corner of the room. Seohyun appears to be lying on the floor on her back and right above her was Yonghwa.

“It has always been you, oppa.” Seohyun said breathily and then leaned up to kiss Yonghwa.

Your hand flew to cover your mouth as you quickly fled from the room. Your mind was in a whirl as you ran out of FNC and boarded a cab. Why were they kissing? Did Yonghwa reject your call because of Seohyun? What happened before this? Does this mean that you and Yonghwa had... broken up?

Before you could stop yourself, you started sobbing uncontrollably. The cab finally stopped in front of your dorm and you got out shakily. Entering the building, you made your way up the stairs as your tears continued to fall.

You passed by CN Blue's door and was about to take the next flight of stairs up to your dorm when the door opened and Jonghyun stepped out.

Upon seeing your tear stained face, he widened his eyes and rushed towards you, “What happened? Are you hurt?”

The pain in your chest was too much to bear and you sank against the wall as you continued sobbing.

“Please don't scare me,” Jonghyun begged. “What's wrong?”

You could only shake your head as you drew your knees in and hugged yourself tightly into a ball.

“If you don't want to talk about it, at least come inside first. Don't sit here like this.” Jonghyun said softly.

You thought of going back to your dorm but you knew Jimin would be in and right now, you didn't feel like talking to anyone. But where else could you go?

Jonghyun seemed to be able to read your thoughts as he said, “No one's in our dorm except me.”

You got up from the floor and nodded and then followed Jonghyun back to his dorm.

“Jonghyun ah,” You said softly. “Can you tell me everything you know about Yonghwa and Seohyun-ssi?”

Jonghyun looked surprised at your question but replied anyway, “I honestly don't know much about them. I think they were close when they filming last time but I don't think anything happened between them.”

You stayed silent and Jonghyun pulled you down to sit on the couch.

“What happened? It's hyung, right?” Jonghyun asked.

You nodded as tears started leaking from the corner of your eyes again.

“Tell me what happened,” Jonghyun said as he took your hand in his. “You can trust me.”

His last sentence made you cry all the more harder and before you knew it, Jonghyun pulled you into his arms as you cried noisily into his chest.

“I saw him kissing her.” You cried out.

You could feel Jonghyun's hold on you tighten as he tried to speak in a calm voice, “Are you sure?”

You nodded against his chest as you cried harder. The pain in your chest seemed to be increasing and you didn't know what else to do except to cry. You didn't know how long it had been but Jonghyun remained silent as he continued to hug you tight and your hair in a comforting manner.

“What's going on?” A voice startled the both of you.

You leapt apart from Jonghyun and realised that Yonghwa was back and he looked furious. He was staring at both you and Jonghyun and you knew he had witnessed the both of you in a tight embrace. Seeing Yonghwa's face brought back the memory of him kissing Seohyun and you felt humiliated as you looked away from him stubbornly.

Jonghyun made no reply to Yonghwa and you could sense that he was very angry with him too.

“Come to my room,” Yonghwa ordered. “We need to talk.”

Your reply was immediate, “No.”

Yonghwa seemed taken aback by your defiance as he stared at you furiously, “Fine, let's talk here then. Why are the both of you doing this behind my back?”

You finally stared straight into Yonghwa's eyes and let out a hollow laugh, “Are you seriously asking me that?”

Yonghwa clenched his fists tightly as he stormed towards you. Jonghyun stood up immediately as though to protect you from Yonghwa.

“Get out of the way.” Yonghwa seethed.

Jonghyun made no movement as he glared at Yonghwa. The two men stared at each other and then realising that Jonghyun had no intention of moving away from you, Yonghwa grabbed Jonghyun's collar.

“I said, get out of my way.” Yonghwa threatened.

You had never seen Yonghwa act like this and he was starting to terrify you. Jonghyun shoved Yonghwa's hands away and it seemed to enrage Yonghwa further. You widened your eyes as you watched Yonghwa throw a punch on Jonghyun's face as Jonghyun staggered back.

Before you knew it, you had leapt up from the couch and ran straight to Yonghwa and slapped him on his face. The loud smack took everyone by surprise as Jonghyun widened his eyes at you and Yonghwa stared at you, shocked.

You had never hit anyone in your entire life and you could feel your palm smarting.

“Jung Yonghwa,” You said, your voice wavering. “You are the worst.”

“Worst?” Yonghwa echoed in rage. “You were the one who was hugging Jonghyun behind my back!”

With a shaky voice, you answered, “And why do you think is that?”

Yonghwa stared at you, confused and then shook his head in disbelief, “I cannot be bothered to play guessing games with you. If the both of you like each other so much, then why don't we break up so you can be with Jonghyun!”

You stared at him, “That's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter