The Misunderstanding

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, you, Jimin and CN Blue were in the practice room where Manager Kim was explaining about the music awards event.

“So, after CN Blue’s songs, Yonghwa will be singing a duet with Seohyun,” Manager Kim said as he went through his list. “And right after Big Bang’s performance, Jimin and _____ will go next and then it will be the Panda’s couple duet.”

“What?” You jerked up in surprise as everyone else in the room also stared at Manager Kim, surprised.

“Unbelievable, right?” Manager Kim chuckled. “The production team just told me that they are interested to see the Panda couple perform together.”

“Woah,” Jungshin said excitedly. “To make two appearances in the awards show is really awesome.”

Your heart started beating excitedly and when you caught Jonghyun’s eyes, he gave you a cheerful smile in which you returned happily.

“So, the both of you have to get ready to see each other very often.” Manager Kim said.

“Eh?” You looked up at him.

“You have to practice your duet with Jonghyun,” Manager Kim explained patiently. “And this is the biggest music awards show of the year. You wouldn’t want to screw it up.”

“Right, of course.” You nodded.

“Yonghwa-ah, you will have to meet up with Seohyun a lot too.” Manager Kim said.

You darted a look at Yonghwa to see his troubled expression again as he nodded at Manager Kim.

“Okay then,” Manager Kim said as he clapped his hands in delight. “Go practice for the show now, kids, fighting!”

Manager Kim left the room and everyone started talking and congratulating you.

“Noona, congratulations!” Minhyuk and Jungshin exclaimed.

You thanked them as Jimin beamed at you proudly.

You stole a glance at Yonghwa as he gave you a small encouraging smile. When no one was looking, he mouthed the words ‘fighting’ as you smiled back at him.

The group dispersed with CN Blue in a corner discussing their performance as you and Jimin practiced your dance moves in front of the mirror.

As Jimin danced next to you, she suddenly whispered, “Don’t look, but I noticed Jonghyun have been staring at you this whole time.”

“Eh?” You gasped and stumbled as you fell to the ground with a thud.

“Omo, are you okay?” Jimin helped you up as the CN Blue boys rushed over.

“Are you hurt?” Jonghyun asked worriedly as he knelt down immediately and touched your ankles. “Did you sprain your leg?”

“I’m fine.” You mumbled as you felt your face burn by his actions.

You shifted away from Jonghyun as he stood back on his feet. Looking up, you noticed Yonghwa’s cold gaze on you and Jonghyun.

“I can bring you to the doctor if you’re hurting anywhere.” Jonghyun offered.

“N-No, I’m fine, really.” You said quickly as Yonghwa walked back to the corner and started tuning his guitar.

Why was he so cold? You couldn’t help but feel an ache in your chest as you scolded yourself.
Of course he would have to act like he didn’t care. If he did, wouldn’t the secret of both of you be exposed?

You felt slightly better as you comforted yourself. After assuring everyone else that you are perfectly fine, the boys went back to Yonghwa as you and Jimin continued practicing.

You couldn’t concentrate as you could still see Jonghyun looking at your reflection through the mirror occasionally. Yonghwa was quiet and did not respond to s unless a question was directed at him.

Two hours went by and as you took a short break, Manager Kim burst into the room excitedly.

“Yah, your first fan presents and letters!” Manager Kim smiled as he handed both you and Jimin a box each.

Your eyes lighted up as you opened your box to find letters and gifts from the fans.

“Can I read the letters now?” You asked, excitedly as Manager Kim nodded.

Jimin and you started sifting through your own boxes and you quickly browsed through the letters. Most of the letters were from high school students who swore they would support you forever and some boys even professed their undying love. Most of the girls wished you and Jonghyun luck as you laughed and giggled through these letters. You came to the last red envelope and opened the letter inside. What you saw made you pale as you stared at the letter that was clearly written in blood.

I never knew the meaning of my existence until I saw your face in my TV one day. Then I realized that you were the one for me. And I will be the one for you… I will see you again, my love.

“How are your fan letters?” Jimin asked as she bounded over.

She took one look at the bloody letter in your hands and screamed, “What the hell is this?!”

Jimin’s outburst startled Manager Kim and CN Blue as all of them hurried over immediately.

“Can’t believe this is happening…” Manager Kim muttered furiously as he took the letter away from your hands and then turned to you apologetically, “I didn’t know there will be a letter like this since you’re still a newbie… Normally this bloody fan letters only happens to the more popular idols.”

“Noona, are you okay?” Jungshin asked worriedly.

“Here, drink some water.” Yonghwa said as he handed you a bottle.

You accepted it and drank as everyone stared at you, worried.

“I’m okay,” You said as you forced a smile on your face. “Really.”

“Maybe it’s just a one time thing.” Jimin said with a smile. “It’s probably nothing.”

“Yea, it’s probably nothing.” You echoed.

You could see the worry in Yonghwa’s eyes as he stared at you and you felt relieved. At least he doesn’t look angry with you anymore.

Manager Kim cleared his throat, “Well, let’s forget about this and get back to practicing!”

Everyone bustled off and before you could leave, Manager Kim pulled both you and Jonghyun back.

“I’ve arranged a Panda sign meeting for both of your fans tomorrow afternoon. It’s a good chance for you two to thank them for the support they’ve given you.” Manager Kim said.

“Where is it at?” Jonghyun asked. “I have an interview at 7pm here at the FNC building.”

“Yah, of course I know that,” Manager Kim replied. “The fan signing will be here at FNC.”

Both you and Jonghyun nodded and Manager Kim pushed you both back to practicing.

It was almost eight when both you, Jimin and CN Blue finished practicing for the music awards show.

“Shall we eat dinner before going back to the dorm?” Minhyuk asked.

Everyone including you and Jimin nodded. After showering, you and Jimin met the boys at the lobby and everyone set off.

“Where should we go?” Jonghyun asked.

“Barbeque beef would be nice.” You muttered to yourself as you swallowed hard at the thought of the juicy slices of beef.

Jungshin and Minhyuk laughed and agreed immediately.

“It’s been so long since we’ve eaten that!” Jungshin said.

“Hyung, are you okay with it?” Minhyuk asked Yonghwa who shrugged.

All six of you arrived at the nearest barbeque shop and seated down as several young customers stared and whispered excitedly.

“Are we supposed to eat out like that without informing Manager Kim?” Jimin asked worriedly as she waved back to some fans.

“It’ll be okay as long as we don’t cause any trouble.” Minhyuk assured her.

The meat and dishes arrived and then everyone’s attention was on the food instead of the fans.

“Here,” Jonghyun said next to you as he placed a piece of meat in your bowl.

“Yah, yah, yah, why so unfair, Jonghyun?” Jimin teased.

“Because you’re not noona!” Jungshin laughed as Jimin laughed with Minhyuk.

Yonghwa was sitting opposite you and you noticed the displeasure on his face.

“Stop teasing, Jonghyun and I are just friends.” You scolded Jungshin and Jimin lightly.

The both of them merely laughed and you sighed. You nibbled on your rice just as a giggling group of girls approached your table.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” They greeted nervously. “We’re fans of the Panda couple.”

Jonghyun looked up and smiled and you quickly followed suit.

“Are the both of you really dating?” One of the girls asked excitedly.

“I mean, since the both of you are always together even off camera.” Another chipped in.

Jonghyun smiled, “We’re dining as friends.”

“Then what about the ice cream incident?” One of them asked.

“Also dining as friends.” You said.

They looked slightly disappointed and one of them smiled, “Well, it’s okay, we’re still going to support the both of you.”

“Thank you,” came you and Jonghyun’s automatic reply.

“We hope the both of you will be dating for real.” One of them said excitedly. “When that day comes, please reveal it to the public, okay?”

Jonghyun laughed and nodded as the girls waved goodbye and left.

“Wow, the Panda couple might even surpass the Goguma couple.” Jungshin remarked. “I have no idea you guys are so popular.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.” You replied. “The Goguma fan base is huge and I can’t compete with Seohyun-ssi.”

“There’s nothing much to compete,” Jungshin replied. “It’s just that maybe both you and Jonghyun hyung have better chemistry than Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun.”

Jungshin’s comment earned him a loud smack on the table as Yonghwa slammed his chopsticks down. Everyone turned to look at him, surprised.

“What?” He asked. “I’m done with dinner. Are you guys finished yet?”

“Of course not! We barely started! Look, my ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter