First Date

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening sky had turned purple when you saw Yonghwa standing alone in the deserted park. You approached him and his eyes sparkled the moment his eyes landed on you.

“Where are we going for dinner?” You smiled as he took your hands in his.

“Here.” Yonghwa replied simply.

You raised your eyebrows and was about to question him when he led you to the side of the park where a blue and white checkered picnic mat was laid out.

“We haven’t had a real date before so let us have our first date tonight.” Yonghwa said as he pulled you down gently to sit on the mat.

You gaped at him, “Really? Aren’t you afraid that someone might see us?”

Yonghwa chuckled, “It’s turning dark soon. No one comes here when it’s dark.”

Your eyes landed on a basket beside Yonghwa as he opened it and retrieved the contents. He started bringing out sandwiches, kimbap and a box of cut up fruits.

“I made everything myself.” Yonghwa declared proudly.

You laughed at his expression and cheekily replied, “Well, I hope it won’t poison me.”

“Yah, how can you say that? I spent a few hours preparing these.” Yonghwa complained lightly.

You smiled and replied in a pacifying tone, “Okay, mianhe.”

Yonghwa grinned and leaned towards you, “Kiss me and I’ll forgive you.”

Your eyes widened at his bold gesture and blushed heavily.

“Come on.” Yonghwa cajoled as he smiled cheekily.

“Yah…” You muttered shyly. “Someone might see us.”

“Then quickly kiss me before anyone sees.” Yonghwa replied.

Your eyes darted around the park and after ensuring that it was empty, you quickly leaned in and pecked Yonghwa on the lips.

He drew back with a satisfied smile as you quickly cleared your throat and pretend to busy yourself with unwrapping the sandwiches. The sky was quickly turning dark and the park lamps provided some light for the both of you.

Yonghwa handed you a kimbap and you chuckled at how messy it had turned out. The contents were not sticking to the rice and everything was falling out.

“Yah, in my defense, it was my first time making them. I even had to call my mother and ask her how to make them.” Yonghwa said.

You popped the kimbap into your mouth. Surprisingly, it tasted quite good. 

“It’s nice.” You said after swallowing and reached out for a sandwich.

Yonghwa smiled as he started on a sandwich. 

The sandwich turned out to be decent too and you blurted out before you could think, “You would make a pretty house-husband.”

Your comment made Yonghwa look up and as you saw his lips twitch, you realized your mistake and blushed heavily.

“I mean…” You trailed off.

“I know what you mean,” Yonghwa interrupted as he smiled. “You’re proposing to me, aren’t you?”

You were about to open your mouth to retort but he continued, “You know, I usually prefer to be the one to pop the question but since you’ve already asked…”

“I wasn’t proposing!” You quickly replied as your face became increasingly hot.

Yonghwa laughed at your flustered expression as you glared at him.

“Yah, stop teasing me.” You muttered and nibbled on the sandwich.

“I like it when your face goes red like that.” Yonghwa replied. “Especially when I know that I’m the one causing it.”

You felt yourself blush even heavier and pretended to cough and swatted him on the knee, “Stop talking and start eating. You talk too much.”

Yonghwa grinned and complied. 

The food was soon gone and the both of you put the empty food boxes back into the basket. Yonghwa then pulled you down and the both of you lay on your backs and stared into the inky night sky. A few stars dotted across the sky and you sighed blissfully.

“Thank you for tonight. I really like it.” You said softly just as Yonghwa pulled you against his chest and wrapped his arms around you.

“I was still worried you wouldn’t like it.” Yonghwa laughed.

“Why?” You asked.

“Well, most first dates take place in restaurants with good food and here we are in a park at night with lousy kimbap.” Yonghwa replied.

You draped your arm around Yonghwa’s torso as you replied, “I don’t care for restaurants and I think the kimbap you made was delicious.”

“Delicious enough to make me a house-husband?” Yonghwa teased as you chuckled.

The night wind started picking up and you snuggled closer to Yonghwa. You could hear his heartbeat and the faint smell of his cologne.

“I wish everyday could be like this.” Yonghwa said softly. 

“Me too.” You agreed.

Yonghwa sat up suddenly causing you to sit up as well as you stared at him.

“Do you want to listen to my new song?” He asked excitedly as he took his guitar that was lying beside the basket.

“Sure.” You said.

Yonghwa smiled, “I wrote this song for you.”

Your eyes widened as he started strumming and then he started to sing.

Those big doe eyes that looks up at me
Those sweet pink lips I want to kiss
Your smile is brighter than the sun
You’re the only one for me

That childish laugh from you
That sweet voice calling my name
I’m captivated by you
You’re the one I want
Just one look and you make my heart race
You know I’ll follow you wherever you go
Anywhere, just to see your face

People say I’m a lovesick fool
But they’re just not as lucky as us
As we found love between us

Yonghwa finished the song and you could only stare at him.

“What do you think?” He asked, putting down the guitar.

Truthfully, the song was the best song you have ever heard. It was sweet and you were smitten by Yonghwa’s singing voice. You were incredibly touched that he wrote this song for you and you weren’t sure why but you found yourself getting a little teary eyed. 

You quickly averted your eyes away from him and asked, “Do I really have a childish laugh?”

Yonghwa seemed surprised at your question, “Yah, is that all you have to ask after the song?”

You wanted to tell him you love the song but you were embarrassed how much the song affected you.

“I’m sure I don’t have a childish laugh.” You muttered.

“Yah, do you not like the song?” Yonghwa asked, surprised.

You could see he was a little hurt and you felt bad immediately.

“No, no.” You said hurriedly. “I just…”

“Just?”

You cleared your throat, “I really like it actually.”

“Really?” Yonghwa asked skeptically.

You could see he was incredibly doubtful of your words and you knew what you had to do. You leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips, surprising him.

“Thank you. That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.” You said softly against his lips.

You drew back to find a red-faced Yonghwa and you laughed loudly.

“You do have a childish laugh.” Yonghwa said in which you glared at him immediately.

Yonghwa chuckled as he dug his hand into his pocket and took out a guitar pick.

“I know you’re nervous about the music award performance so you can have this.” Yonghwa said as he dropped the pick onto your palm.

“Huh?” was all you could reply as you stared at the red metallic looking pick on your palm.

“This is my lucky pick,” Yonghwa explained. “I used it when I auditioned for FNC and I use it every time during CN Blue’s concerts.” 

You suddenly realized the value of the pick and handed it back to him, “I can’t take it. It means too much to you.”

Yonghwa pushed the pick back to you, “Take it. Just don’t lose it, okay?”

You stared at Yonghwa, “W-Well, okay, I’ll return it to you after the performance.”

Yonghwa smiled, “I’ll take it back when I really need it. In the meantime, it’ll be in your care.”

You nodded and grasped the pick tightly in your hand feeling incredibly touched by Yonghwa’s gesture.

The night went by smoothly with Yonghwa playing the guitar for you and finally the both of you decided it was time to leave two hours later.

“Can’t we stay a little longer?” Yonghwa whined.

“It’s almost eleven,” You replied as you shook your head. “I have to meet Jonghyun for practice at seven tomorrow morning.”

“That’s ridiculously early!” Yonghwa exclaimed. 

You shrugged, “That can’t be helped. I have an interview at noon and the only time I have left would be in the morning.”

Yonghwa sighed as he picked up the basket and the both of you made your way back to the dorms.

“We can always have a second date after this.” You smiled.

“I know,” Yonghwa replied. “But we’re always busy so who knows when will the second date be?”

You knew he was right and you felt the same way. It wasn’t easy for the both of you to spend time alone and tonight Yonghwa had prepared so much just to give you the perfect first date. You felt guilty to call the date off early as you glanced at Yonghwa’s dejected face.

“W-Well,” You said slowly. “Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?”

Yonghwa stared at you in surprise and you saw the look on his face slowly changing to a cheeky one. You realized his train of thought and you almost choked.

“Not in that way!” You hissed. “I mean just sleeping on my bed… Nothing else!”

Yonghwa laughed at you as you glared at him.

“Forget it,” You muttered, embarrassed. “It was a stupid idea.”

Yonghwa stopped laughing immediate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter