Chance

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you returned to Jimin's room, you took a moment to calm yourself down. You never expect to see Yonghwa tonight and there he was, as handsome as ever. You didn't understand what he meant earlier when he asked you if that was all you have to say to him. What did he expect you to say? The both of you broke up on bad terms and when you left for Tokyo, he never showed up at the airport. You knew it was perhaps too much to ask, but back then, you held on to a little glimmer of hope that perhaps he would come rushing to the airport and ask you not to leave. Of course, that didn't happen and you knew everything was over for good.

Jimin came back a while later but you did not reveal that you had bumped into Yonghwa. You then spent the night with Jimin talking about the usual girly topics and eventually, the both of you turned in at four in the morning. You woke up three hours later to leave for home as you knew Jimin had a full schedule on that day.

 

================================

 

Sunday rolled around and it was the day of CN Blue's concert. Jimin had handed you two concert tickets on Friday night and had begged you to come watch her perform as she will be one of the performing guests. You were hesitant to attend but with her desperate pleas, you agreed. She had told you to bring along a friend so you wouldn't be alone but the only friend you were the most comfortable with would be Jihoon.

You eventually texted Jihoon and asked him if he would like to join you for a concert and he agreed immediately. Jihoon arrived at your apartment to pick you up and the both of you headed to the concert venue.

“Wow, this CN Blue must be really famous. Look at the crowd.” Jihoon said.

Jihoon was not into Kpop so he was not familiar with CN Blue at all. The both of you joined the queue and entered the hall. Moments after you were both seated in the front row, the concert started. Fans were jumping and screaming and then the four boys emerged. You sat quietly on your seat as your eyes only focused on the leader.

“Hey, isn't that the guy from the coffeeshop on Friday?” Jihoon shouted into your ear through the noise after recognising Jonghyun.

You nodded and he continued, “So you know them personally! No wonder you have these VIP tickets!”

You spotted Jungshin's eyes wondering and then when his eyes landed on you, he grinned and you smiled back. It seemed like Jimin had told him you were coming.

Two hours later, the concert ended on a high note and you were prepared to leave when you received a call from Jimin.

“Congratulations on your performance.” You said after picking up the phone.

Jimin laughed, “The concert was good, isn't it? I had so much fun! Come backstage and see us!”

You hesitated then replied, “W-Well, I was about to leave.”

“Come on,” Jimin cajoled. “Jungshin and Minhyuk are dying to see you again. They haven't seen you yet! You want to see them too, don't you?”

“Oh, alright.” You finally gave in and hung up.

You and Jihoon then showed your backstage passes to the security and he let the both of you in. The both of you wandered the halls a little as many of the staff bustled past. You finally located CN Blue's room and stood outside.

“What's wrong?” Jihoon asked. “Aren't you going to enter?”

You were extremely hesitant because you knew Yonghwa would be inside and you were not prepared to see him again.

“Are you okay?” Jihoon asked, concerned.

You let out a shaky breath, “Not really.”

“What's wrong? Tell me. You know you can trust me.” He replied worriedly.

“The truth is, I dated one of them a while back and we didn't exactly end on good terms and I'm actually...” You trailed off.

“Scared?” Jihoon asked.

You couldn't help but nod. Jihoon gave you a small smile and took your hand in his and gave your hand a squeeze.

“Don't worry. I'm here.” He said.

You felt comforted by the warmth of his hand and nodded. You let go of his hand and eventually knocked on the door. After the third knock, the door opened and you were greeted by a beaming Minhyuk.

“Noona! You're finally here!” He exclaimed and dragged you into the room.

Minhyuk hasn't changed much but Jungshin had a new hairstyle which gave him a more mature look. Your eyes then drifted to Jonghyun who was sitting on the couch and he smiled at you warmly. Your gaze then landed on the person you dreaded most to see. Yonghwa was sitting beside Jonghyun, his eyes fixed on you. You quickly looked away as Jimin came forward.

“Have a seat!” Jimin told you and Jihoon.

Jihoon and you then took a seat opposite Jonghyun and Yonghwa.

“Noona, is this your friend?” Minhyuk asked as he smiled at Jihoon.

“Neh.” You replied.

“So... how did you and noona know each other?” Minhyuk asked Jihoon.

You raised your eyebrows at Minhyuk's question but Jihoon simply answered, “We know each other from work.”

“So, does noona have a boyfriend now?” Jungshin piped in.

“Yah!” You glared at the two boys.

Jihoon laughed and then replied, “I'm waiting for her to give me an answer.”

Your eyes widened at Jihoon's words as your face turned hot.

“Y-Yah, stop all these talk!” You stammered. “If not I'm leaving.”

Jimin smacked Jungshin on the arm and the two boys fell silent. Their gazes were still on Jihoon, apparently surprised by his bold confession.

“We're going out for some drinks later,” Jonghyun broke the silence. “Do you want to join us?”

You quickly shook your head, “I have work tomorrow so I need to head back home.”

“Noona, come on, join us!” Minhyuk cajoled.

You smiled but shook your head, “Mianhe, Minhyuk ah, I really can't. We have a big meeting on Monday and I can't afford to be tired.”

Minhyuk pouted. You smiled at his childish behaviour and then made the mistake of accidentally shifting your gaze at Yonghwa's direction. He was still staring at you and you quickly looked away. He had not spoken a word since you entered the room and he was starting to make you feel uncomfortable with his staring.

“Noona, can we meet up again before we leave?” Jungshin asked.

“When are you leaving?” You asked.

“In two days.” Jungshin replied.

“W-Wll, it's a weekday so it's going to be difficult.” You replied slowly.

“Just for a quick dinner after work?” Jimin pleaded.

You hesitated for a moment and then replied, “I'll let you know again. If I'm swamped with work, then I can't go.”

Jonghyun nodded, “Okay, but try to meet us again, okay? It'll be quite a while before we come back to Tokyo again.”

You nodded and then said, “I'll try but no promises. Anyway, it's time I should go.”

“Already?” Jimin asked, disappointed. “Hang out with us a little longer.”

You shook your head, “I can't.”

Jonghyun stood up immediately, “Do you want us to send you home? We can talk more on the way.”

The thought of being in the CN Blue van with Yonghwa was enough to make you run in the opposite direction. What if he was sitting beside you or behind you? You can't have him being so close to you. You knew it was incredibly stupid to feel this way but you just couldn't help it.

“It's okay. Jihoon will send me home.” You replied.

You looked at the disappointed face of Jonghyun and then gave him an apologetic smile.

“Anyway, you guys did great out there. Congratulations on the successful concert.” You smiled.

“Come on, let's go.” You said to Jihoon.

Jihoon nodded and the both of you left the room.

“You did great in there.” Jihoon said softly as the both of you made your way down the hall.

“I was really nervous.” You admitted.

“You dated that leader, right?” Jihoon asked.

You nodded and Jihoon continued, “How did you get to know them?”

Jihoon had no idea about your past as a singer and you laughed, “I'll tell you everything one day when there's time.”

After the both of you left the concert hall, Jihoon told you to wait for him by the roadside as he went to get his car. You wrapped your arms around yourself in the cold as you waited for him patiently. Your thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter