Strawberry Shortcake

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Yonghwa had retreated into your room and closed the door, you opened your dorm door and Jonghyun stepped in.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked, concerned.

“Yes, I’m fine.” You replied.

“Here, I bought you a cake in case you are hungry.” Jonghyun said and handed a small box to you.

“Kamsahamnida.” You said and accepted the box.

Jonghyun smiled and then raised his eyebrows when his eyes landed on the dining table.

“Is someone here?” He asked. “Am I interrupting?”

You turned around and spotted two sets of bowls and chopsticks and wanted to smack yourself for being so careless.

“No,” You quickly replied as Jonghyun’s eyes roamed around your dorm. “No one’s here.”

“So why is there an extra set laid out?” Jonghyun asked curiously.

You forced a laugh, “I was just about to call you and invite you down for dinner since you didn’t have any, thanks to me.”

Jonghyun laughed, “I hope this will not be the dinner date that you owe me.”

“No, of course not.” You smiled and sat down as Jonghyun took Yonghwa’s seat.

You were thankful that you managed to come up with a lie but you were worried how long Yonghwa have to stay hidden. You tried your best to answer Jonghyun’s questions as the both of you ate. You were so distracted you barely ate as all you could think of is Yonghwa stuck in your room.

Dinner with Jonghyun finally ended and you were hoping he would take his leave but instead, he asked, “Do you mind if I take back the guitar I lent you? The string has snapped on the one I’m using now and I have a performance tomorrow. I’ll pass it back to you after I had mine re-strung.”

“Sure, it’s in my room.” You replied absent-mindedly as you cleared the bowls from the dining table.

Jonghyun started walking towards your room when you suddenly remembered that Yonghwa was hiding inside.

“No, wait!” You shouted and dropped the utensils you were holding with a clatter.

You ran after Jonghyun and flinched when he opened your room door. It was empty… You widened your eyes and looked around the room as Jonghyun picked up the guitar beside your bed. You had a suspicion that Yonghwa had hidden in your closet as it was the only thing big enough to fit him.

You quickly faked a yawn and said, “I’m really tired. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

Jonghyun nodded and smiled, “Sure, remember to eat the cake. It’s your favourite.”

“What?” You looked up at him. “What do you mean?”

Jonghyun laughed, “It’s a strawberry shortcake.”

Your eyes widened, “How did you know that was my favourite? I never told you before.”

“Your fans were very helpful. I posted the question on twitter and many of your fans filled me in.” Jonghyun replied.

“Isn’t that… not very good?” You replied worriedly. “I mean, we’re not really dating. If you post that, people might think that…”

“That I like you?” Jonghyun asked.

You said nothing as you stared at him.

“It’ll be fine. I mean, it is the truth that I like you and I’m okay with letting everyone know that.” Jonghyun replied seriously.

“D-Don’t say things like that.” You replied, avoiding his gaze. “You’re not supposed to say that anymore.”

Jonghyun sighed, “I know but I can’t just stop my feelings for you like that.”

“Didn’t you say that we’ll go back to how things were before?” You asked softly.

“I know I did,” Jonghyun replied. “But it’s difficult.”

You said nothing as you thought of Yonghwa hiding in your closet witnessing the scene before him.

“Rest well,” Jonghyun said softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

You stared at him as he walked out of the room and then you heard your dorm door open and closed.

“He’s gone.” You said and the closet door opened and Yonghwa stepped out.

“I think we should tell Jonghyun that we’re dating.” Yonghwa said, displeased.

“I don’t think we should.” You replied, staring at Yonghwa.

“Why?” Yonghwa demanded.

“It’ll affect our performance for the music awards and our We Got Married segment.” You replied seriously.

Yonghwa clenched his jaw and looked away.

You reached for his hands and held them as you said, “Mianhe, I don’t want this either but if we tell him, he might react badly and I’m afraid that it’ll affect you, Jimin, Jungshin, Minhyuk and even Jonghyun himself.”

“How so?” Yonghwa asked.

You shrugged, “What if he decides that he doesn’t want to perform with me on the awards show? FNC have already agreed and if Jonghyun backs out or performs reluctantly, people will start to say how unprofessional he is.”

Yonghwa sighed, “You’re right. I didn’t think of that.”

“And maybe his feelings for me will go away soon,” You said. “Wouldn’t that be better?”

“I don’t think it’ll go away that easily.” Yonghwa replied bitterly. “I’ve never seen him act like this to any other girls before.”

You said nothing as you looked at Yonghwa. A horrible feeling has settled in your chest as you felt stuck in between Yonghwa and Jonghyun. You took Jonghyun’s feelings for you with a pinch of salt, believing that it would soon go away but Yonghwa didn’t seem to think that it was the case.

“Mianhe.” You said softly.

Yonghwa sighed, “It’s not your fault.”

“I’ll cook more noodles for you,” You said apologetically. “Jonghyun ate your share.”

“I know. I heard that.” Yonghwa said with a small smile.

The both of you headed back to the hall and Yonghwa sat at the dining table while you prepared his ramyoen in the kitchen. You could see him from where you are and he looked busy, his head bent over a paper as he scribbled away.

“What are you so busy with?” You asked from the kitchen as you stirred the noodles in the pot.

“I’m writing a song for Seohyun.” Yonghwa replied, his head still staring at the paper.

You looked up from your stirring and the grip on your chopsticks tightened.

“S-Seohyun-ssi?” You asked. “Why?”

Yonghwa replied. “It’s for the music awards performance.”

Your grip on your chopsticks lessened a little as you asked, “Why do you have to write a song for that? Aren’t you guys going to sing the banmal song?”

“We thought of that initially but I think that the fans might prefer a new song from us.”

You did not reply as you turned off the fire and carried the pot to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa looked up, “What are you and Jonghyun doing?”

You handed Yonghwa a pair of chopsticks as he started eating.

“We’re doing an acoustic version of my new rock song!” You said excitedly as you took a seat opposite Yonghwa.

Yonghwa smiled as you rambled on, “Jonghyun said that I can get to publicize my song this way. I never would have thought of that! But I hope everyone will like it. Oh, that’s silly, I’m sure they will. I believe Jonghyun can do a great job!”

“That’s great,” replied Yonghwa as he leaned towards you and stared into your eyes. “But do you know that a boyfriend doesn’t like it when his girlfriend keeps going on about how great another guy is?”

“Eh?” You raised your eyebrows as you felt yourself blush with his face so close to yours.

Yonghwa said softly, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter