Pretence

Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, I guess that’s it then. Thank goodness the president didn’t punish the both of you.” Manager Kim said as all of you stood outside the president’s office.

Jungshin and Minhyuk agreed immediately.

“Why are all of you still standing here?” Manager Kim exclaimed. “Go practice and do what you have to do! We don’t have much time left!”

The six of you nodded dutifully and started walking away. You watched as CN Blue made their way to their practice room, leaving you and Jimin standing alone at the empty corridor.

“I think you should go talk to Yonghwa.” Jimin said softly. “He doesn’t look happy about what just happened.”

“I want to but we have to practice for the music awards performance, right?” You asked.

“It’s okay,” Jimin smiled. “Just talk to him first. I’ll wait for you in the practice room.”

You smiled at Jimin gratefully and then sprinted after the four boys.

“Yah, Yonghwa!” You shouted as you ran towards them. “Wait up!”

The four boys turned around immediately as you stopped in front of them. You could see Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk’s curious glances at you.

“What?” You asked immediately.

“Noona, when did you start to address hyung in this manner?” Minhyuk asked curiously.

You blinked and then quickly cleared your throat, “I-I guess I forgot to be polite…”

Jungshin snorted as he laughed at your flustered expression, “Noona, do you have to look so cute even when you’re anxious?”

His innocent comment made both Jonghyun and Yonghwa stare at him but thankfully no one noticed Yonghwa’s expression.

“Yah, stop flirting with noona…” Minhyuk teased. “Jonghyun hyung is jealous already.”

Jungshin smiled at Jonghyun cheekily, “Don’t worry, hyung, I won’t snatch what’s yours.”

“She doesn’t belong to Jonghyun.” Yonghwa said coolly.

You stared at Yonghwa’s annoyed expression as Jungshin continued, “Only the eight of us knows that but from now on, everyone else will know that she belongs to Jonghyun hyung.”

Yonghwa said nothing and you quickly cut in, “Yonghwa-ssi, can I speak to you for a moment?”

“What is it?” Yonghwa asked, turning to you.

As soon as he turned to you, the annoyed expression on his face left.

“Um, I still have some questions to ask you about the song you composed…” You trailed off, cursing yourself inwardly for not thinking of an excuse first before running over.

“I thought you finished recording the song a while ago.” Jonghyun said.

You opened your mouth to reply, “I-

“Why don’t you guys go practice first? I’ll be over soon.” Yonghwa said to the rest.

The three boys nodded and left and as soon as the corridor was empty, Yonghwa turned to you, his expression softening.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Mianhe.” You blurted out.

Raising his eyebrows, he asked, “What for?”

“About what just happened in the president’s office.” You replied softly.

Yonghwa sighed and then leaned against the wall, “I know it wasn’t your fault. You don’t have to be sorry.”

You didn’t say anything as you stared at his troubled expression.

“If you think it wasn’t my fault, then why are you still so troubled by it?” You asked.

Yonghwa seemed slightly surprised by your question but answered anyway.

“It wasn’t because of you.” Yonghwa replied slowly. “It’s just the whole situation of how you and Jonghyun have to pretend to be a couple and…”

“And?” You probed, staring at him.

“I could see how much Jonghyun cares for you. I think he’s serious about you.” Yonghwa replied.

“Huh?”

Letting out another sigh, Yonghwa explained, “He was ready to take all the blame for you when he thought that the president was going to punish you.”

You fell silent as your eyes drifted away from Yonghwa’s gaze.

“I know this isn’t your fault but I don’t like to see Jonghyun competing with me for you.” Yonghwa said.

“There’s nothing to compete,” You said, staring into Yonghwa’s eyes. “I’m already yours.”

Your comment didn’t completely take away Yonghwa’s frown but you could see him let out a smile as he chuckled.

“I like it when you say that.” He whispered as he pulled you into his arms.

“Yah, someone might see us!” You hissed, startled by his action.

“Say that you’re mine again and I’ll release you.” Yonghwa said playfully.

“Yah!” You tried to shove him away but failed as his grip on your waist tightened.

“Say it.” Yonghwa whispered into your ear.

You felt yourself blush as you quickly mumbled, “I’m yours.”

Yonghwa grinned and released you and this time, you could see his frown had disappeared entirely.

“Is there anything else you have to say?” Yonghwa asked cheekily, as he stepped back away from you.

“N-No.” You muttered.

Smiling, Yonghwa then turned and walked away as he waved goodbye. You watched him disappear around the corner and then you made your way to Jimin.

==========================================

The next morning, you were woken up by Jimin as she entered your room and sat down on your bed, next to you.

“Yah, look, after the president told the reporters that both you and Jonghyun are indeed dating, all the magazines have articles on the both of you now.” Jimin exclaimed.

You rubbed your eyes and sat up in bed as you stared at the newspaper that Jimin was holding. It was true. You could see a long article about the Panda couple along with pictures of you and Jonghyun.

“You’re going to be really popular now.” Jimin smiled.

You said nothing as Jimin folded the newspaper and then proceeded to drag you out of bed.

“Come on, go wash up. Jungshin invited us to have breakfast with them.” Jimin said as she pulled you into the bathroom.

After washing up, you and Jimin left your dorm to find the four boys waiting for the both of you near the staircase landing. The six of you then left the building and made your way to the usual Korean pancake shop across the street.

You noticed that people around were starting to stare and point at you and Jonghyun as all of you entered the shop.

“Aigoo, are the both of you really dating?” An ahjumma who was having her breakfast came over and asked.

“Neh.” Both you and Jonghyun answered automatically.

The six of you made your way to a table and since Yonghwa was standing next to you, he took a seat next to you but before he could sit down, the ahjumma pulled him away and then laughed, “Yah, you’re the leader, right?”

Raising his eyebrows at the ahjumma’s behavior, Yonghwa replied, “Neh.”

“You shouldn’t sit next to her,” The ahjumma chided as she pulled Jonghyun to sit next to you. “Her boyfriend should sit next to her. See how well they look together!”

Yonghwa opened his mouth to explain but before he could, the ahjumma continued, “Yah, you’re not that handsome in real life but my daughter is your biggest fan. Maybe I should convince her to switch to Jonghyun…”

You could see the amused look on Jungshin and Minhyuk as they tried their best to stifle their laughter. The look on Yonghwa’s face was murderous and you feared for the ahjumma’s safety.

Jimin, who was seated next to you, quickly smiled at the ahjumma and told her politely that all of you were famished. The ahjumma then took her leave as Yonghwa sat down next to Jungshin, looking extremely irritated.

“I think we should find a new pancake place.” He seethed.

“Why? I like it here.” Jungshin smirked. “Especially that ahjumma.”

Yonghwa glared at Jungshin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter