Chapter 8

Before I Say Goodbye

Haeyeon rest for the night since her knee still hurt. While the other students carry on with the activities , she sleeps in the tent. It’s lucky that it’s already night because if it’s day , it will be so hot.

They need to go jungle trekking during the night. Most of them love it because the scenery during the night is so beautiful plus with millions stars that can be seen clearly.

They went after dinner , and it’s almost midnight, Baekhyun didn’t like this walk at all. He’s so bored. Well, he’s always bored but usually he will peek at Haeyeon to look at her expression one minute after because her responds always makes him surprise and excited although her mean remarks kinda hurt too.

“ What if there are snakes ? “ Chanyeol whispered to him, while looking around at the ground. He scooted closer to Baekhyun. “ They are sleeping “ Baekhyun replied boredly while following the group with his hands in pockets.

“ Sleep ? “ Chanyeol repeated and shot him a look like if he’s serious, but Baekhyun just yawn and wipe his eyes. “ Ahh, I’m suppose to sleep right now “ he mumbled.

“ Just enjoy the nature Baek “ Chanyeol said while blowing some air. “ There’s nothing to see. It’s too dark “ he replied and yawn again. Chanyeol chuckles and slung an arm around his friend’s shoulder. “ Nothing to see because Haeyeon isn’t here ? “ Chanyeol joked.

He stopped and look at Chanyeol “ What does she had to do with this ? “ he frowned and walk faster, leaving Chanyeol behind. He was avoiding it.

“Yeah, I wonder why huh ? “ Chanyeol teased, jogging to Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around his neck like he was strangling him.

 

 

The next morning, they have to wake early. It’s still dark outside and they all look like zombies creeping out of the tents in the morning.

“ Damn, I’m so tired “ Kai grunted, while turning to the other side hugging Sehun beside him. “ Me too..” Sehun mumbled with his eyes close, snuggling closer to Kai.

“ Stop being babies. Wake up ! “ Suho throws a bag near him to their faces making them jolted in surprise. They sat up slowly while ruffling their hair in annoyance. “ Stop with the faces and come out “ Suho said and gave them his charming smile before he walk out the tent with his face towel and teethbrush.

Sehun and Kai were still sitting in daze , their eyes half close. Sehun pushed Kai “ Come on, before they started nagging “ he said and pull Kai with all his might with him.

 

They were cleaning their faces and brushing their teeth helplessly. Some of them with their eyes close. Sehun was already fresh after cleaning his face and seeing Chanyeol and Kai still sleepy , he splashed them with water making them shock as the front of their shirt soaked.

“ Yah ! “ Chanyeol and Kai shouted in synced angrily at Sehun ; while he just smile sheepishly.

Baekhyun was already done . He was sitting in front of his tent, tying his shoelaces ; while glance once in a while the back of Haeyeon. She was brushing her teeth and holding the sink for support, since her leg is still hurt.

Chanyeol approach their tent grumpily as he pull roughly the clothes in his bag. He quickly change into a new dry shirt and wear his brown jacket. “ How come you woke so early ? “ Chanyeol said , frowning deeply.

Baekhyun look at him with a bored expression “ I wanted to enjoy nature “ he said and smile sarcastically.

 

 

During breakfast, Baekhyun kept looking at her too. Haeyeon was eating quietly on the girls’ table and she kept looking down at the bowl with the same expression. He wonders if she will look up when he calls her.

Baekhyun was staring too long that suddenly Haeyeon look up from her bowl and stare right to him; making him surprise.

He gripped his spoon embarrassingly because she just caught him staring but he continue to look at her anyway. He saw her raised her eyebrows as if asking ‘What’ .

He wanted to talk to her anyway so he just mouthed ‘ Are you okay ?’

Haeyeon puckered her lips in thought and glance at her still wrapped knee. She look back at him and nodded. Baekhyun smiled at her and showed his plastered cheek and showed expression like he’s hurt. Honestly , he’s just trying to make her laugh by making silly faces.

And to his please, she did smile a bit and she rolls her eyes at him making him laugh a bit without sound.

Kai who is sitting in front of him look at him weirdly with raised brows, so is Chanyeol who is sitting beside him. Baekhyun realized what he’d done and look at them innocently “ What ? “

Kai continue chewing on his food and turn around to see Haeyeon look back at him with her famous look. Kai smirk at her and look back and forth at her and Baekhyun. Chanyeol look at Baekhyun and grinned at him before wave at Haeyeon affectionately “ Hey, Haeyeon ! “he greeted loudly with his deep voice making some turn around.

Haeyeon look away and continue eating; like nothing happened.

“ Aww, she ignored me “ Chanyeol said and laughed along with Kai. Baekhyun rolls his eyes . Chanyeol nudged him “ Don’t be angry, man “ he said earning a snort from Kai again as they laugh teasingly again.

Baekhyun ignore them again as he knew they were just teasing about his interactions with Haeyeon. He scooped a mouthful of his breakfast and eat it as he took another glance at her.

 

 

The whole day was carried with more activities and since Haeyeon still need to rest, she didn’t participate in any of it.

“ Park Haeyeon, you may rest until this evening. But try your best for tonight’s activity. Tomorrow we’re already going back. You must at least participate okay ? “ Ms Jung said as she visited Haeyeon’s tent after lunch. Others are preparing for the next activity so she stopped by to talk to Haeyeon.

Haeyeon nodded in response.

 

When the others are back , they were sweating so the teachers let them rest for a few hours in the evening. The teachers prepared some snacks for the evening so some of them went to eat while some went to get their nap inside their tents.

Haeyeon was cleaning the plates and glasses as she told Mr Kang that she wanted to do something. Since she always does this at home, she does it willingly.

“ Hey “ a voice greeted beside her. She turn and see Baekhyun. “ Hey “ she replied. “ I thought you’re going to doze off like others “ she replied with straight face and Baekhyun chuckles a bit “ Nah. I’m not tired “ he said as he leans at the sink.

“ Then go bathe. You smell weird “ she stated. Baekhyun widened his eyes a bit as he smells himself. “ It’s because I was sweating like hell from before “ he protested. “ That’s why I told you to bathe before everyone runs away from you “ she replied without looking at him.

“ Tsk. Okay “ he replied and walk from her. He turned after a few steps. “ Are you going on the activity tonight? “ he asked. Haeyeon turn her face to face him “ Yeah. My leg is fine “ she said. Baekhyun smiles at her and nodded while he skipped away.

When Haeyeon turn back to the dishes, she smiled. She somehow starting to like his company.

 

 

They have to gather around the campfire during the night. The students already remained seated with their jackets as they are going on a walk again during the night.

As usual , the boys will sit across the girls and Baekhyun had a clear view of Haeyeon. He’s willingly to go on the activity tonight since she is going. He kept creating conversations in his head so that he could start a conversation with her later.

Chanyeol saw Haeyeon and wave at her childishly. Haeyeon didn’t find it annoying though. He likes it when Chanyeol is being nice to her too, so she replied him with a small smile. And why Haeyeon always never act cold towards him was because she met with his family when they were having their school project and they were so kind to her that she had not will to act mean towards Chanyeol from that day onwards. She kinda knew that he’s not the two-face person who purposely approach her and she always appreciate his company.

The other teacher started speaking loudly so their attention finally move to the teacher. “ We will be doing the walk in the dark with boys and girls partner up together “

“ Ugh , I hate this “ Kai muttered out loud. “ Well, you still have to do this even if you hated it “ Mr Ahn continues as he shot a look at Kai, which he in response just rolls his eyes.

“ The first partner will go in together , and after 10 minutes the next partner will go in , and after and after . Ms Jung and Mr Kang will be waiting at the end of the road , understand ? “ Mr Ahn said . He looks around and continues “ And you may choose your own partner. If anyone having problems with partners can come to me “

The people starting buzzing with anticipation as they move around to ask for partners. Haeyeon still remained seated on the log . She hated this kind of partner up thing because she forgot how to be social long ago, and she certainly didn’t like to go around asking people to partner up with her.

She stuffed her cold hands into her light blue jacket and blew her bangs. For now, she hope he will come to her again.

“ Haeyeon ! “ she heard Chanyeol’s voice calling her and she unexpectedly smiles in glee as she look up to him.

 

 

 

 

Hi ! Thanks for reading and I hope you will leave more comments , please ? :3 Thanks to those who commented <3